IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Terrorism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozufari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrorism
    Posted: 16 July 2005 at 12:47pm

As-Salaamu Alaykum wa rahmat-Allah

This post is intended to begin a thread of thinking for Muslims dealing with the horrible acts perpetrated recently by so-called "Muslims" against innocent civilians. How do we treat this problem in our communities? Do we realize what we are up against? It is so easy for our community to look at events in Iraq or Chechnya or Palestine and to be upset for their fellow muslims. Are we upset because these are muslims or because these are human beings? A true believer hates for the sake of Allah, and should hate all forms of unjustified killing or injustice no matter who it is perpetrated against. There are way too many narrow-minded imams and 'scholars' who try and justify the taking of innocent life. This attitude will bring only more fighting and more death. We have the tools at our disposal, but we each seem to be working for ourselves in some way. We want to write a book or to become famous scholars. These ideas are great, but the most important thing in life is to fear Allah and do good deeds! We should have a more universal vision than just seeing ourselves as a victim and not understanding our situation. In truth, the situation that Muslims find themselves in is indeed their own making. Each country has a specific history and timeline that shows the progression of events and it makes perfect sense why these places face the conditions that they are in. It is time for us, as Muslims, to make small - even tiny steps to making the world a more peaceful and wonderful place, as it was during the Caliphate. Our great ancestors never tolerated injustice, and neither should we. If some idiots decide they want to do some outrageous acts "in the name of Islam", we should distance ourselves from their destructive ideas and try to protect others from what they are doing. We cannot live happily and be grateful to Allah while clinging to these feelings of hatred. We have to do our best and may Allah reward each believer and give them the paradise and protect them from the evil in our community and outside our community. 

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 9:57pm

Bismillah

The first thing one can do is begin familiarising him/ herself with the teachings of the Quran and the Sunnah and most importantly act upon them.

In today's world, Muslims are being armed and decieved into fighting their own brother Muslims. The African scenario. All we have to do is drop the weapons (lest we hurt each other)... seek refuge of Allah and stick to the Quran and Sunnah. 

Abu Bakra reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would soon be turmoil. Behold! there would be turmoil in which the one who would be seated would be better than one who would stand and the one who would stand would be better than one who would run. Behold! when the turmoil comes or it appears, the one who has camel should stick to his camel and he who has sheep or goat should stick to his sheep and goat and he who has land should stick to the land. A person said: 'Allah's Messenger, what is your opinion about one who has neither camel nor sheep nor land? Thereupon, he said: He should take hold of his sword and beat its edge with the help of stone and then try to find a way of escape. O Allah, I have conveyed (Thy Message) ; O Allah, I have conveyed (Thy Message) ; O Allah, I have conveyed (Thy Message). A person said: Allah's Messenger, what is your opinion it I am drawn to a rank in spite of myself, or in one of the groups and made to march and a man strikes with his sword or there comes an arrow and kills me? Thereupon he said: He will bear the punishment of his sin and that of yours and he would be one amongst the denizens of Hell. (Sahih Muslim, Book 041, No. 6896)

The highlighted portion of the hadith does not mean making the edge of the sword blunt, but it is a metaphorical expression for remaining away from the scene of battle in which Muslims are drawn against one another.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 1:03am
This is something that has me curious as well.  I was reading the USA Today about a week ago and saw where a suicide bomber in Iraq swung his bomb laden SUV into a group of school children who were waiting for aid from a Soldier.  Now I understand wanting to fight off the invaders, but that same night I had read a post here on this sight that said it is forbidden for one beliver to kill another.  It seems to me that there are more Iraqi civilians being killed than American soliders.  Truly, what justification is held in killing poor civilian muslims?  Not every American is pro-war, not every American wants our troops there.  Don't think I'm justifying the civilian casualties from either side.  I'm just trying to understand why?  To the mind of the Terrorists, why are civilian targets okay?  There were children and muslims killed on 9/11, and what about their families.  One of the suicide bombers was a father of an 8 month old child, what of his responsibilities to his son???   Why are Imam's who point out that muslims should not kill muslims called traitors?  From and outsider looking in, its so hard to make sense of it.  And its really hard to grasp that Islam is the true religion when people don't even listen to their own laws?  Is killing women and children and poor men looking for work a duty to Islam?  Is the killing of young men by convincing them to blow up themselves in these acts the duty of an Imam?  What makes an Imam, who does he get his authority from?  In my religion, the men can point up the chain to the leader and everyone is accountable to someone?  How is this in Islam?  And is this maybe the problem, too many cooks spoiling the stew?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:49am

Bismillah,

Islaam is the best religion because Allah, SWT, rejects human blood sacrifices.  It is a religion where men and women are equal in piety before Allah.  Women have had the vote and the voice to speak publicly and own property since the time of our beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Allah, our Loving, Generous, Creator will punish wrong doers.  He is neither male nor female.  (We can't say It, because that would be disrespectful.  Nevertheless, "He" is not male.)

Muslims, let's pray against terrroristic behavior from all sources.  People who kill indiscriminately will be punished in hell by our Wrathful Lord.

Oh, and to answer your question about getting into the mind of a terrorist:  No, thank you.  That would be a dark, evil place, and I and other Muslims should not try to understand such evil.  We just need to pray to Allah, SWT, against them and their destructive ways.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 9:50pm

herjihad,

Thank you, for your response.  I indeed pray every night that peace will come to the Middle East and for the families who have lost so much. 

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

This is something that has me curious as well.  I was reading the USA Today about a week ago and saw where a suicide bomber in Iraq swung his bomb laden SUV into a group of school children who were waiting for aid from a Soldier.  Now I understand wanting to fight off the invaders, but that same night I had read a post here on this sight that said it is forbidden for one beliver to kill another.  It seems to me that there are more Iraqi civilians being killed than American soliders.  Truly, what justification is held in killing poor civilian muslims?  Not every American is pro-war, not every American wants our troops there.  Don't think I'm justifying the civilian casualties from either side.  I'm just trying to understand why?  To the mind of the Terrorists, why are civilian targets okay?  There were children and muslims killed on 9/11, and what about their families.  One of the suicide bombers was a father of an 8 month old child, what of his responsibilities to his son???   Why are Imam's who point out that muslims should not kill muslims called traitors?  From and outsider looking in, its so hard to make sense of it.  And its really hard to grasp that Islam is the true religion when people don't even listen to their own laws?  Is killing women and children and poor men looking for work a duty to Islam?  Is the killing of young men by convincing them to blow up themselves in these acts the duty of an Imam?  What makes an Imam, who does he get his authority from?  In my religion, the men can point up the chain to the leader and everyone is accountable to someone?  How is this in Islam?  And is this maybe the problem, too many cooks spoiling the stew?

"To the mind of the Terrorists, why are civilian targets okay?"
Things like this mindset are a slippery slope.  To wit:

First it's killing the invaders, that's OK by 'jihadi' theology!   (Many Muslims actually agree at this level to various extents.  Let's put it this way: this is where most Muslims probably argue the finer points of 'just jihad.'

Then it's killing (all) the infidels (unbelievers/non-Muslims)! 

Then it's killing (all) those (Muslims) who collaborate (in any way, shape or form) with the infidels - even women and children connected with such! 

Then it's killing (all) those (Muslims) who don't want to join us in killing all the infidels!

Then it's killing Muslim children who even collect candy from the infidels.

Do the child killers really think that Muslim children collecting candy present a threat and a collaboration with the infidels?  How truly insane and heinous is that...?

Yes, it's a heinous, sick, slippery slope.

Question is, how do fight back - together?

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

"Oh, and to answer your question about getting into the mind of a terrorist:  No, thank you.  That would be a dark, evil place, and I and other Muslims should not try to understand such evil.  We just need to pray to Allah, SWT, against them and their destructive ways."

Let's ask this another way - why is Islam, at present, being so widely co-opted by so many known terrorists and terrorist organizations?  I don't mean to be provocative - but it's just not enough, any more, to say, we're opposed to these criminals.  How can we prevent them from taking cover in the banner of Faith/Islam?
Bruce
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ozufari ozufari wrote:

A true believer hates for the sake of Allah, and should hate all forms of unjustified killing or injustice no matter who it is perpetrated against. There are way too many narrow-minded imams and 'scholars' who try and justify the taking of innocent life. This attitude will bring only more fighting and more death. We have the tools at our disposal, but we each seem to be working for ourselves in some way. We want to write a book or to become famous scholars. These ideas are great, but the most important thing in life is to fear Allah and do good deeds!

Jehovah Rafa - God our Healer -

Ozufari, you have written such wise and peaceful comments.  I am very encouraged by them.  Thank you.

May the great God bless you and your family and all who read this..

Edited by b95000
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic