IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Terrorism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 4:13am

Bismillah,

I am not around anyone who justifies terrorism, except those who agree with the Iraqi war.  No one I know would venture to say anything in support of Al-Qaeda to the slightest degree.  Anyone in Phalasteen who straps a bomb to themselves and tries to kill non-combatants is misguided if they think any Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Vadantan, or Jew supports them.

There are wars in the world now, you know.  Combat is different.  Defending your home from invaders honors and dignifies Muslims. Muslims who die defending their homes go straight to heaven.

We boldly say that murderers of innocents are not blessed by Allah, SWT!  While a person is in the act of committing a major sin, at that moment, he is not Muslim, not blessed by Allah, SWT, in any way!

So when people die murdering innocent non-combatants, they are doomed to hell.  This is for all people who destroy others indiscriminately with bombs and guns. People can call themselves whatever they like:  Muslim, Christian, Jew.  We can just repeatedly say that mass murderers do not qualify for those esteemed titles.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 4:38am
Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

- why is Islam, at present, being so widely
co-opted by so many known terrorists and terrorist organizations?�
I don't mean to be provocative - but it's just not enough, any more, to
say, we're opposed to these criminals.� How can we prevent them from
taking cover in the banner of Faith/Islam?

Public demonstrations and public prayer anywhere these criminal
attitudes are promulgated. Look to the environmentalists, anti-G8 and
US peace activists for examples of positive tactics.

You need not criticize the faith of anyone - just make your own faith
incarnate with your presence and actions.

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

I am not around anyone who justifies terrorism, except those who agree with the Iraqi war. 

B: What do you make of the hundreds of thousands of people Saddam killed - does that not make the case that the world is better off without him?
http://www.massgraves.info/

No one I know would venture to say anything in support of Al-Qaeda to the slightest degree.  Anyone in Phalasteen who straps a bomb to themselves and tries to kill non-combatants is misguided if they think any Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Vadantan, or Jew supports them.

B: But apparently many Muslims DO support this kind of action.  What are we to make of this?

We boldly say that murderers of innocents are not blessed by Allah, SWT!  While a person is in the act of committing a major sin, at that moment, he is not Muslim, not blessed by Allah, SWT, in any way!

So when people die murdering innocent non-combatants, they are doomed to hell.  This is for all people who destroy others indiscriminately with bombs and guns. People can call themselves whatever they like:  Muslim, Christian, Jew.  We can just repeatedly say that mass murderers do not qualify for those esteemed titles.

B: I generally agree with your sentiments.  Your last sentence especially is pungent.  I would distinguish those who free people from mass murderers from mass murderers themselves - unless you know some other finer distinction..and I am not saying the MNF action has been perfect...yet, justified in the larger picture...most Iraqis agree with this sentiment, although they've borne a pretty terrible brunt of suffering for FREEDOM.

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic