IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE BIBLE FORETELLS MUHAMMAD’S WORK?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE BIBLE FORETELLS MUHAMMAD�S WORK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shibboleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE BIBLE FORETELLS MUHAMMAD�S WORK?
    Posted: 06 August 2009 at 4:52pm
Among other arguments that Muslim scribes use to prove the inspiration of the Quran is that Muhammad and his work were foretold in the Bible. According to a footnote on Sura 46:10, Ali, (n.4783) �in the Quran and its Prophet [is found] a true confirmation of the previous scriptures . . . Islam [being] a fulfillment of the revelation of Moses himself! (See Deut. XVIII, 18-19)�

But how could that be? At Mount Sinai Jehovah told Moses: �I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.��Deut. 18:15-19, AS.

Certainly it cannot be justly argued that Muhammad, who was a descendant of Ishmael, was of Moses� brothers. Nor did Muhammad speak in the name of Jehovah God, as did Moses.

You do believe in the Tevrat, or Hebrew Scriptures, correct?
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 3:20pm
Assalamu alikum.

Shibboleth posted: Certainly it cannot be justly argued that Muhammad, who was a descendant of Ishmael, was of Moses� brothers. Nor did Muhammad speak in the name of Jehovah God, as did Moses.

Response: Muhammad was a cousin to the them. Muhammad Rasulullah told the Children of Israel all what they could remember and those they have forgotten about their Prophets, like the story of Joseph, Zul-qarnain, the Cave sleepers. Please read the history of the holy Apostle  and his encounter with the Children of Israel in Madina. They never denied what they heard from the holy Apostle but only that they refused to follow his practice.  Let our brothers the Children of Israel please confirm this story:-< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

The following conversations that took place between Huyayy bin Akhţāb (the father of Safiya, the Jewish wife of the Holy Apostle) and her uncle Ashraf bin Akhţāb was reported by her:

Ashraf (Uncle):  Is he really the same Prophet about whom there occurred prophesies in our books?

Huyayy (Father): By God, (Allāh) he is the same.

Uncle:  Are you sure of it?

Father: Yes.

Uncle:  Then what is your intention?

Father: I will oppose him as long as I live and will not let his mission succeed. 

Huyayy bin Akhţāb (The father of Safiya [RA]) did not accept the teaching of Muhammad Rasūlullāh, while her uncle probably accepted it secretly.
Friendship.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Shibboleth Shibboleth wrote:

< According to a
footnote on Sura 46:10, Ali, (n.4783) �in the Quran and its Prophet
[is found] a true confirmation of the previous scriptures .�.�. Islam
[being] a fulfillment of the revelation of Moses himself!But
how could that be?

<
Ok see if you actually read the Qur'an and put down the Bible first of all.You will read thru out the Qur'an that all of the Prophets Adam(As),Abraham(As)Moses(As)Jesus(As)All of them worshipped Allah and Allah alone and they submited to His will which by definition makes them Muslim and there path to Allah was through Islam.True Story!it shocked me the first time I read about it but,it really opened my eyes to search for the truth and not just settle for the things I was taught as a child(Chirstian belifes) because it was feed to me from infancy and so it was my parents but the funny thing is,it doesnt make it true. And because of the truth, thats what increases my love for the relgion of Al Islam [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 08 August 2009 at 4:59pm
Shibboleth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shibboleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2009 at 9:16pm
Please, please, please show me at least ONE verse that the prophets in the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel even used the name Allah?

In the Koran God is �Allah,� for in Arabic the word Allah means �the God.� The Bible gives us his name, saying �Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.� The Gospel of Mark 12:29.

Could God�s name be �Allah�? No. As a good dictionary will show you, �Allah� is a shortened form of the Arabic term meaning �the god.� Obviously, this is not a name just as Lord and God is not a name.

The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God"

Please show me if you can where the "name" Allah first appeared.

I on the other hand can show you the Name of JEHOVAH God or the Tetragrammaton (Hebrew form of Gods name) way before Abraham was even born.

I will wait for your response.

Edited by Shibboleth - 08 August 2009 at 9:22pm
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 1:54pm

Please, please, please show me at least ONE verse that the prophets in the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel even used the name Allah?In the
Koran God is �Allah,� for in Arabic the word Allah means �the God.� The
Bible gives us his name, saying �Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.� The Gospel of Mark
12:29.
Who says the Prophets(As)in the Torah or Psalms used the name Allah?(No one said this).come on!You are being rediculous.your first mistake is to go to the Bible I will kindly repeat this to you again the Bible originally (Aramaic)Hebrew,Latin,Greek not Arabic.Yes Allah means The God.Clear cut.AL-Wahid(The One).Dear Shibboleth,I know you have a lot of questions and clearly you no understanding, Mark 12;29- And Jesus answered him,The first of all commandments is,Hear,O Israel;The Lord our God is one Lord:I have no problem with this(Al Hamduillah)it is true Our God is One God.You will never find not one Muslim that would say different.Just saying the name Jehovah is not something that we Muslims say please please understand that.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 10:06pm

Please, please, please show me at least ONE verse that the prophets in the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel even used the name Allah?

In the Koran God is �Allah,� for in Arabic the word Allah means �the God.� The Bible gives us his name, saying �Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.� The Gospel of Mark 12:29.

Could God�s name be �Allah�? No. As a good dictionary will show you, �Allah� is a shortened form of the Arabic term meaning �the god.� Obviously, this is not a name just as Lord and God is not a name.

The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God"

Please show me if you can where the "name" Allah first appeared.

I on the other hand can show you the Name of JEHOVAH God or the Tetragrammaton (Hebrew form of Gods name) way before Abraham was even born.

I will wait for your response.

Hey Shibboleth:
What are you doing in this section?
This is for INTRAfaith, didn't you see?
There happens to be a thread in INTERFAITH  section currently on this subject go there.....................................................

Edited by Sign*Reader - 10 August 2009 at 1:25pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Shibboleth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shibboleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 10:43pm
"Who says the Prophets(As)in the Torah or Psalms used the name Allah?(No one said this)"
ALSO YOU SAID
"Just saying the name Jehovah is not something that we Muslims say please please understand that."

Now we are getting somewhere!!!!

At Mount Sinai Jehovah told Moses: �I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.��Deut. 18:15-19 (TORAH)

This was not referring to none other then Jesus Christ, Muhammad as Muslims say did not speak in God's name. Threw out the Gospel Jesus spoke in God's name just as ALL the other prophets did. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for Muhammad to be the "Chosen One"

No wonder the Qur'an speaks of Jesus but Muslims don't know why.
It speaks of the miraculous birth but for what purpose?
The Answer can only be found in the Torah, Psalms and the Gospel. Why because the Qur'an or Muhammad was not from the Great God Jehovah.

That's why there is much debate of Muhammad genealogy (not Jesus). No miracles because he did not have Jehovah God's backing. (not Jesus)

In more than fifty verses in the Qur�an, it is recorded that Jesus was born without a father, performed miracles, even resurrected the dead.

That was the point of this whole discussion.

One Ḥadīth says that Christ is the only one that Satan did not touch: �When any human being is born, Satan touches him at both sides of the body with his two fingers, except Jesus, the son of Mary, whom Satan tried to touch but failed.��The Book of the Beginning of Creation from Ṣaḥīḥ Al-Bukhārī.

WHY WAS JESUS SUCH AN IMPORTANT FIGURE IN THE QUR'AN?

He was more the "just" a prophet, he was the son of GOD.
�The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam.� (Sura 3:59

Muslims even deny that Jesus died to support their own beliefs.
But here is what the Qur'an says

God caused Christ to die, raised him to life, and then lifted him up to Him.�Āl �Imrān [3]:55, NJD; Maryam [19]:33, NJD.

In closing-

Anyone could claim to be sent of God. Moses and Christ proved it by the performance of many miracles, but where were Muhammad�s miracles? He confessed in the Quran to having none.�See Suras 2:118; 10:38; 11:13; 6:109, Ali.

Peace

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 4:45pm
you still prove nothing take Sign*Readers advice a move along.You still stuck on the same thread and topic.Jesus(As) did nothing himself(concerning miracles)niether did Moses(As).let's focus on that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic