IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is the Bible Still the Word of God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Bible Still the Word of God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:44am

Even thou I use verses to support some of my writings, i don't think so because there are so many versions (KJV, NKJV, NIV, catholic one to just name a few) that its impossible at times to choose which one to buy, some have verses that others don't and then some have verses differently worded.
It drives me insane its one book that is hard to buy Wink unfortunately Cry 
And then there is the old age of me saying that there is evidence of words being rubbed out of the oldest bibles and replaced.

Edited by Angel - 02 September 2009 at 2:49am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 5:51am
Salams, Meditation and Hasan good job!Somebody(men) messed up big time with the bible.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Only 1 verse of Quran is enough to prove that Bible is corrupt.

YUSUFALI: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
 Here is another explicit verse speaking of Bible corruption, the Quran states that if anyone believes that Jesus died and was crucified they then follow nothing but CONJECTURE which is corruption. Which book today tells us that Jesus died and was crucified? The Bible, so hence the Quran here does call the Bible corrupt. So it can't get anymore clear than that.

Ohhh, i have much to say in this bit but right now keep it real brief.

That is not enough to prove from qu'ran that the bible is corrupt. I can say that from the qu'ran this is conjecture, myself. I kinda believe that once the romans had Jesus they would not have let him out of their sight.

I don't think the verse of they killed him not, but made it to appear so...is enough to make out the bible is corrupt. 
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Only 1 verse of Quran is enough to prove that Bible is corrupt.

YUSUFALI: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
 Here is another explicit verse speaking of Bible corruption, the Quran states that if anyone believes that Jesus died and was crucified they then follow nothing but CONJECTURE which is corruption. Which book today tells us that Jesus died and was crucified? The Bible, so hence the Quran here does call the Bible corrupt. So it can't get anymore clear than that.

That is not enough to prove from qu'ran that the bible is corrupt. I can say that from the qu'ran this is conjecture, myself. I kinda believe that once the romans had Jesus they would not have let him out of their sight.

I don't think the verse of they killed him not, but made it to appear so...is enough to make out the bible is corrupt. 

I think that the Bible itself is sufficient proof that it is corrupt.

I had never read the Quran, nor knew anything about Islam, when I started having serious doubts about Christianity. It was my search for the truth that brought me to read the Quran, not the other way round.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 11:03am

Surah 4:157

And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

The verse is making it clear that the crucifixion of Jesus is conjecture or corruption. The crucifixion of Jesus is clearly taught in the Gospels that we have today, thus the Qur'an is clearly in an indirect way saying that this is corrupted. 

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Even thou I use verses to support some of my writings, i don't think so because there are so many versions (KJV, NKJV, NIV, catholic one to just name a few) that its impossible at times to choose which one to buy, some have verses that others don't and then some have verses differently worded.
It drives me insane its one book that is hard to buy Wink unfortunately Cry 
And then there is the old age of me saying that there is evidence of words being rubbed out of the oldest bibles and replaced.

Hi Angel,
If we believe that God's word needs to stay pure and in its original form unaltered, and that the word of God proves as such when it is in 100% agreement within itself, a prime quality of divine messege. You and I know so far that in the case of the Bible's its not so. Thus, it cannot qualify as the word of God in its present condition. Since it is not authentic, it cannot be relied upon as the information it gives out cannot be trusted. We can read it as a book, but in my opinion cannot rely on what it says. I hope you understand what I am trying to convey. By saying this in no way I intend to defame, degrade anything or anybody, just plain truthful honest conclusion backed by facts, and its not the end of the road neither.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

I think that the Bible itself is sufficient proof that it is corrupt.

I had never read the Quran, nor knew anything about�Islam,�when I started having serious doubts about Christianity. It was my search for the truth that brought me to read the Quran, not the other way round.

Salams I felt the same and when I first read the Qur'an and came across the Ayat that said we were all born in a state of Al Islam and our parents made us Jews and Christians I knew that it was Haqq,because it spoke to me and had me wanting to hear more.I knew that I was lead to Al Islam (Al Hamduillah) and not like Christianity(leaving out the religion of the first Prophets(As) which is so very clear) we were forced fed that so to say.I took a long look at history and who runs things(whose telling his-story)we were all getting told what they wanted us to know and not what we should know(Muhammad S.A.W the seal of the Prophets).Even the bible says somewhere seek and ye shall find.I did and I found The Deen of Al Haqq(Al Hamduillah!)

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 02 September 2009 at 10:46pm
Moses View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Nazarene Nazarene wrote:

Originally posted by Natassia Natassia wrote:

Unfortunately, because the Quran contradicts the Bible, the Bible must be "corrupt."

(I won't get into the logical fallacies required to justify that belief.)
salaams
and what of Paul?   Jesus reafirms the law and states in Matthew 5:18
I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

but Paul nullifies the law when he states
Galatians 3:11
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."
also
Galatians 3:23
Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

Romans 3:28
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.

Galatians 2:16
know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

So how do you think jesus {p} would think of paul making the law dissapear?

leland

Have you ever try to understand several side of a shape? Do u know, each side hiding the other, because this is one thing, and you will not find the truth if you don�t try for understanding all of sides.

All of prophets are agree to each other, people are fighting to each other for them!

Law is not against the love, and love is not disappearing the law. They are one program in righteousness, for salvation. Do you need that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
  Share Topic