IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greetings Forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 7:20pm

Bismillah,

Thank you Israfil and Khadija for your poignant responses to AC. 

Jihad is beautiful and blessed by Allah, SWT.  We must strive use this term correctly even though the entire world may not. 

Terrorists, anarchists, bloodthirsty killers are all better names for mass murderers.  Why give them an inspired and unmatchable name like Jihadist just because they are foolish enough to think that it is so?  They are wrong, and so is anyone who agrees with and supports their incorrect use of this word of Allah, the Blessed, The Loving, The Merciful, The Wise. 

The term Crusader brings up images (in my mind) of dirty, greedy, violent masses looking for blood and money from anyone they found on the path to Jerusalem during the Crusades.  But that's just what I learned in school.  I'm sure you have a different image of it. 

I say this as an example to you.  Jihad is a blessed word that brings up ideas of obedience and striving to please our Dear Lord for millions of Muslims all around the world. (Please note my wonderful nickname!)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by americancrusade americancrusade wrote:

Khadija,

My same thanks to you for your graciousness and kind words.  To respond to your assertion that I do not hold Islam to the same standard when it comes to 'hate-mongering".  I clearly stated as Christians, we do not tolerate this and call it for what it is.  In effect, we identify them and denounce them as a Christian community.

You point out that I do not afford Islam the same courtesy.  I may be wrong and very much desire to be wrong.  I would hope to NOT see Muslim Clerics on television hailing acts of terrorism and suicide bombings as acts of Martyrdom.  As you state, these are not acts of Islam, yet I see no one from the Islamic hierarchy remove a Clerics authority after making such statements!  I believe I have heard of it happening in Lodi, California and that was done by those from within the community.  This Cleric is free to go and preach hate at any other Mosque.  

Conversely, imagine a Catholic Cardinal (Modern day, mind you) or Bishop standing up and calling for violence against Muslims?  Our Catholic authority, (Pope, Vatican, Rome etc..) as well as the Catholic community would immediately remove someone like this from power and denounce them unfit to serve our Father, or ANY OTHER Catholic community.  I do not wish to offend, only to understand..As such, I am fearful of offending all if I continue on with this subject and will yield to all the last word on it.  

With much Peace and respect to all.

Americancrusader, I was born and raised in a Southern Baptist environment and I "converted" to Catholicism when I married a Catholic man.  Believe me, there is a big difference between Christian sects.  I can guarantee you that if you went to some of the Evangelical Christian churches, especially in the south; you would be shocked by what you would see and hear.  I know for a fact that the town my mother lives in which is located in Northern Florida has an active KKK whose members are active members in the local Evangelical Christian churches in that area.  I know exactly how these people talk and how they think.  I know towns where a minority person would not dare to venture after dark for great fear of what may very well happen to them and these towns are full of what is called �Good Christian Souls.�  I have yet to see anyone go remove these �preachers� from their pulpits.  There have also been news articles about Muslims in the southern states who have been denied the right to build mosques.  So, please don�t be so naive to think that �modern day Christians� would not do such a thing and if they did, they would be removed from their positions.  Just because Catholics might not put up with it doesn�t mean other Christian sects would not.

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 5:57pm
good post Sister.
crissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 6:03pm
hi Im new also,Im so confused and I have alot of ?
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 4:20pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Crissy, if you have question, it is best that you either find a post with a topic you have questions about or start a new thread.  Be sure to look at all of the different topic areas on the main board.  I have not been here long either, but it doesn't take long to find your way around if you spend some time here on a regular basis.  Inshallah you will enjoy your time here and that you will learn something.

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic