IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greetings Forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americancrusade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings Forum
    Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:01pm
I am new to this forum.  i am a Catholic American.  My intention is to learn and share my viewpoint with Moslems.  I have to say, I am very impressed with what i have read so far.  I have to admit, i was expecting much more hate-filled posts than i have seen.  For that, I truly do apologize. 
Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:09pm

Welcome.

Check out the interfaith forum. I posted a question there that hasn't been touched upon yet. Right here.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 12:48am

Americancrusade,

It is kind of you to admit that what you expected to see is not what is actually happening on IC forum.  I am a new Muslim and I came here to learn more about Islam from those who live pious Muslim lives.  I have seen some hostility on this forum; however, more often than not, it is from some non-Muslim who simply wants to pick a fight because of some misconception they have as to the current state of affairs in the world. 

I, also, live in the United States and I am � Scotish and � Native American so I guess you can say I�m an American as well.  I personally believe one of the biggest problems Muslims face today is the phrase "Islamic terrorism."  To refer to the violence that some individuals have brought about in the world today as "Islamic terrorism" is simply ludicrous. To refer to all Muslim as Arabs is a misconception as is to refer to all Arabs a Muslim.  Not all Arabs are Muslims and only approximately 25% of the Muslims in this world are Arab.  Whoever coined the phrase �Islamic terrorism� did this world a grave injustice and those who continue to do so are just as guilty.  I struggle every day with the fact that I am a member of a country that prides itself on being a world leader yet stoops to such levels of ignorance.  Using this �catch phrase� does nothing but lead to more distrust, hate and violence. 

Islam mean Peace and there is nothing in the Nobel Qur'an that could possible lead anyone to believe otherwise.  If some individuals who profess to be Muslim have taken it upon themselves to do violent acts bringing harm to innocent individuals and claim that they are doing so in the name of Allah, they simply don't know what they are talking about.  Any sensible Christian should be able to see the truth in this.  How many "Christians" in America have done acts of violence?  Has the media ever jumped to the conclusion that there is "Christian terrorism" taking place in the US?  I think not.  There are many "Christian Extremist" groups in the US.  Look up the web site for the KKK and see if there are not references to the Bible regarding their terrorist behavior toward minority groups.  There are many other militant redneck groups in the US who claim to be �Christians.�  Why is it that Christianity does not get pegged as "Christian terrorism" because of the likes of these types of individuals?  I will tell you why, because it would simply be pure ignorance to do so.  This is no less true with regards to Islam.  Islam does not permit the killing of innocent people�PERIOD!  Allah�s laws regarding acts of war set forth in the Qur�an do not entail killing innocents�women, children or men. 

It would be nice if non-Muslims would read the Qur�an�a real translation and not one of the bad ones that are found in bookstores across the US.  Since Muslims believe that the Old and New Testaments were also reveals by Allah�s messangers (i.e., Moses and Jesus (pbut)), many Muslims have studies the other holy books.  In fact, many Muslims probably have more knowledge of the other holy books than do many so called Christians.  I do know that one of the things which attracted me to Islam was the high level of importance that Islam places on knowledge. 

Americancrusade, I know that you came here thinking that you just might have the chance to �enlighten� some Muslims, but maybe if you stick around, you will be surprised to see who is actually the one that is enlightened.  Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy the time you spend here. 

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:42am

Bismillah,

I like your point on the non-phrase "Christian terrorism".  That reminds me of the crusades.  I could have used that today when my dad said everybody thinks muslims are terrorist. (I told him at least he knows better!) 

To say this phrase that you mentioned when people bring up the other would be useful in helping them realize how incorrect both of the phrases are.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 12:35pm

Islam has a connection to the word peace, but it's actual meaning comes closer to, submtting oneself to (the one god) while wishing the peace with Him in doing so. How does one submit to Him? how does one achieve peace with Him? through obeying His commands, leaving what He dislikes, and doing what He likes, and these can be found in His books, The Torah, The Evangel and the Koran. He is The Truth, so He loves the truthful. He is The Just so He loves the just.

wether you are jew, christian or "muslim", if your goal is not to please Him through your deeds and striving, your works will bare no fruit in the hereafter, your works will be in vain. Because the truth is

Allah, is One, The Merciful, The Creator.

The Massiah is Jesus son of Mary messenger of Allah.

koran chapter 5 (the table) verse 68" say:"O people of the book(bible comes from the latin word bibleo which means book).O people of the book ye are upon nothing, unless ye make firm(implement) The Torah(The Law, old testament), the Evangel(gospel), and that which is sent down to you from thy Lord". And that which is sent down to thee from thy Lord increaseth in most of them their arrogance and ungratefullness, so sorrow thouself not over the (disbelieving) ungrateful people.

people of the book, means the jews and christians.

Jews and Christians are urged to implement their own books, These books are His also.

i leave you with this...

Chapter "the table 5 verse 48 To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

When truth comes, man has no other option but to accept the truth, because we all will stand before Him who is The Truth, and turning away from the truth when it comes to you means you loved something more then the truth, and that which you loved over the truth can not be something else then a lie....because what else is there after the truth except a lie? Know that truth leads to Him, and He loves the truthfull, so be truthfull in your search and striving may He love and accept you.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:44pm

Community,

After reading your above post (and others as well), I would like to know of which faith do you belong?  Are you Jewish, Christian, Muslim or some other?  Please make this clear to me so that maybe it will help me (and others) understand your posts better.  After reading your posts, more often than not, I am  about the status of your faith.  Maybe this is your intention; however, I, for one, do not feel comfortable conversing about such fundamental issues of faith with a chameleon.  I feel this is dangerous and can be mislead to others in ways that may bring harm to them.  One does not need to be a member of any particular faith to be a member of IC forum; however, I feel it is vitally important to know what position a person holds with respect to religion.  Allah warns us about those who say one thing here and then another there.  Muslims should not associate with such individuals.  So, Community, which is it?

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 12:55am

American Crusade,

I was once in your shoes, after reading the Quran and Sunnah I found that Islam was the most peaceful religion in the world, Islam has made me a good person, I was raised in the South, really Southern American; Bad teenager; lucky to still be alive. After Accepting Islam; everyone in my family admitted that Islam was the answer for me; my family are Mormon. Insha�llah --Allah will bless them with Islam. Islam is peace, and Humdi�llah I have found peace in Islam and peace with in myself...

americancrusade View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americancrusade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 10:01am

To all,

I must address the use of my chosen screen name. American Crusade.  It would have been longer if the character count allowed.."American Crusader"  Yes, it is my intent to address, discuss, challenge anyone who supports a mindless Jihad of violence and murder.  You will often hear me refer to the term Islamo-Jihadist.  I chose that term because I realize not all Muslims are Jihadists commiting acts of violence or supporting them.  I recognize Islam as  a peaceful religion.  I hope that my time here will re-inforce that concept.  I also hope to give a Christian viewpoint that will help to change one's mind if they are supporting such wickedness.  That is the purpose of my American Crusade, to reveal there is no love in Jihad or vengence.

It is not my intent to convert to Islam.  I am a new Catholic and have found my conversion experience very enlightening.  In my parrish, we preach about forgiveness and tolerance.  It is required!!!  Now, that does not mean every Catholic wants to forgive the evil done to Christians by Islamo-Jihadists, and I have to admit I also struggle with that notion.  I need to read and hear from Muslims who are peace, who are love and who also believe we can all live together, sharing the same God or Allah.  By doing so, I can strengthen my resolve for tolerance and love, as mandated by my Catholic beliefs.  American Christians need to hear this from Muslims everywhere!

As Christians, we realize there are many different faiths and accept that.  What we don't tolerate and will always expose are hate-mongering people who try to identify themselves as Christians.  I look forward to the day when Islam will police their own and eradicate the hate-filled jihadists within their faith.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic