IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Sisters on this Forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Sisters on this Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Sisters on this Forum
    Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:54pm
Assalamu alaikum,

In the past I have posted a few comments in the "Sisters/Women" section and the thought occured to me; maybe men should not, therefore I have refrained from doing so.  What is your feelings about men posting or commenting in this section?  I have noticed that on a few occasions someone will request a response from only women or indicate sensitivity or embarssement concerning their topic and really do not desire men to even read the post (surely other brothers read it anyway, but not meSmile).  Anyway, at times I do have comments that I feel could add to the discussion and just wanted to know your feelings.
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:11pm
By my side, it's ok to receive the point of view of a man in differents discussions, because sometimes the problems between us (men and women) becomes only from missunderstandings.

If I were you, I would take the risk of entering the "women's world!" LOL

Really, I think it may be positive if we can share different thinkings and arrive to common points of view, and maybe that would help us to improve in our knwledge about the others... who knows?

Salams,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:57pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Am strictly against brothers entering into sisters section and sisters at brothers. Why are then different section ! Moreover its an Islamic forum, lets maintain Islamic ettiquettes. Sisters must be posting at relevant section so that brothers shud not read, else we have "general discussion" section and other open sections.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:28pm
Salam,

I agree with seek. If we want to both brother and sister to give comment just post it in "family matter" or "general forum".
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:34pm

is there not a setion now that is only for sisters.

this has been brought up in the past and some women don't mind the men being involved as it gives another perspective. If someone request only sisters to respond then usually that is enough.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2009 at 11:13am
   Asslamu Alikum,
    For me, I am not very strict with that if it is necessary because even in Islam a woman can talk to men directly if that is needed for her life (Dunia) or (Ukhra). Besides, sometimes with some topics if I were a man and I know something in the religion which might answer the member's question I would try to help.
That is not bothering in my opinion because in our religion the women even in Prophet's , peace be upon him, time used to ask him or any other man about any problem and they don't even feel shy with the embarrassing topics.
   This is just what I think. I don't agree with men sneaking to know women's special problems but with men looking for a woman who needs help.
I know you may find my opinion strange because I am from Saudi Arabia and Madinah. We are completely separated from men. But I hope you don't misunderstand me.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 09 August 2009 at 9:22pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

In the past I have posted a few comments in the "Sisters/Women" section and the thought occured to me; maybe men should not, therefore I have refrained from doing so.  What is your feelings about men posting or commenting in this section?  I have noticed that on a few occasions someone will request a response from only women or indicate sensitivity or embarssement concerning their topic and really do not desire men to even read the post (surely other brothers read it anyway, but not meSmile).  Anyway, at times I do have comments that I feel could add to the discussion and just wanted to know your feelings.

Brother,this is not problem i allways trust you as a brother in Islam,your writing inside women's  do not disturb me..from me, feel free to do...

Your sister in Islam....
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 8:49am
As'sallamualaikum all,

I don't mind brothers posting in the sister's section. Unless ofcourse the topic specifically states 'for sisters only' or asks brothers to stay away.

Infact - i think a public forum is a good way to maintain islamic ettiquette yet still gain insight from Brothers. Think about it - would we get a chance to get an insight from brothers on certain issues face-to-face?

So I think brothers that have certain comments/insight/advise should post them . . . unless ofcourse the topic specifically asks them to stay away. I for one value thier contribution, like Bro AbuAysha for example. :) (addressing 'only' him here, cz he started the thread :p )

Edited by Chrysalis - 25 January 2010 at 8:17am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic