IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DifficultiesToAcceptIslam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DifficultiesToAcceptIslam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adembelgium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DifficultiesToAcceptIslam
    Posted: 14 July 2009 at 3:44pm
Dears,

I would like to eplain my situation and hope that someone could help me.

I have met a girl 3 years ago, she's muslum and believes at 100% in Allah. At the beginning I was not in contact with the Islam and she asked me one day if I want to convert to the Islam.

I have responded her ''yes'' because I was intrested and I wanted to be with her. We have stated the religious wedding but no official. We wanted to do it later, as she needed to be in good consience towards Allah.

I have been to the moskee and I have practiced the Shahad and also chosed a new name.

In the beginning I was full of confidence and I read the Coran, I learn how to practice the Salate. But with the time, I left the Islam by the side and I started to concentrate to other things, our financial situation, dispute with my wife and lots of problems with my family who wouldn't accept our relationship and also the fact that I approched to the Islam.

I have asian roots and none of my family has any contact with the Islam. They have a negative view due to the media. So they have provacated lots of problems in order to disturbe our relationship.

My wife has submitted lots of pressure because of me, I wasn't strong enough to confront my family and many things has hurted our relationship.

Every day I think to do the necesary in order to approche what Allah asks, but I don't have the streanght or I put it for the next day.

I really really want to practice the Islam because I know that it's the right thing to do but there are things that stops me of doing it.

For the moment I'm in some financial difficulties and I often think how to solve the problem in an impropriate way.

There are 2 motivations who pushes me to practice the Islam, one is my wife, because she's also not pure because she's with a non muslim but she loves me. The other motivation is because it's a good thing to do.

If anybody has some comments, please feel free to reply.

I thank you from the buttom of my haert, I really need some tips and support.

Kind regards,

Adem
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 4:13am

As Salamu Alaikum {Peace be on you}

WelcomE to discussions at Islamicity.

Firstly  brother,after reading your post i guess, that you believe in Allah as God and Muhammad {sallal lahu alayhi wasallam} as Prophet of Allah swt. This does not mean that when you get distracted by other worldy things, you left Islam. But since you said that you really really want to practice Islam, close your eyes and sincerly recite "La ilaha illal la Muhammadur rasoolullah", which means, as you must be knowing, that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad, is Prophet of Allah swt". Keep reciting this often and my intention of mentioning this reminder here is  a hadith which says that reciting "La ilaha illal la" renews our faith. It refreshes us. Faith is a state that does not remain stagnant. It rises and falls down too. I do keep reciting this.

Before that kindly check your intention, that it shud be only for the sake of Allah swt. I can understand your feelings for your wife, but again as before you may commit the mistake of practicing Islam for the sake of your wife. Kindly see that you do it for the sake of Allah swt.  Insha Allah, your wife   shall be very happy when she sees you practising.

You said, you daily wish to approach Allah swt but postpond it for the next day, hmm, well brother, that is what satan does. He does n't want you to proceed that way. He is our open enemy. Try to overcome it. Just jerk those whispering of postponding and turn your heart towards Allah swt

We all are sinners. We do commit many sins,knowingly and unknowingly. But Allah swt is very Merciful and The Great Forgiver. Infact He feels very happy when we repent. All we need to do is repent sincerly and seek His guidance to guide us over righteous path.

I appreciate you wife's for being with you all the times. At the same time, i do respect your family. There reactions are normal. I wish and hope, after you get your bond stronger with Allah swt and gain enough knowledge of Islam, slowly extend your message to them. Its because they do not know the true message of Islam, that they react so. Be kind to them,even if they are not good to you. Esp, be very pleasing and good to your parents. Do make duas.

Right now brother, i wish you to sincerly study Islam, with your wife's help. Concentrate over reading and relecting over ayahs of Qur'an. Study the life of Prophet Muhammad {peace be upon him} and of his companions as well. This helps us to refresh our faith alot. I also do study the stories of reverts. That really helps me when i feel bit low. Hope it may also help you.  You can also post any kind of questions you have, over boards of islamicity in relevant sections. Insha Allah , we shall try our best to answer you, Infact it would be our privilege to help s sincere seeker of knowledge.

Moreover, the holy month Ramdhaan is on its way. Probably, by 23rd of August {depends on moon], we will enter this month, insha Allah. This month helps us alot as we get trained. We try to get closer and closer to Allah.

Make lots and lots of duas. It's a very strongest weapon. Lastly, busy your heart by remembrance of Allah swt. Don't get panic by any problems of your life or go for wrong approaches. Infact these problems of life, make us stronger and closer to Allah swt. Allah swt, says in the Holy Qur'an that He shall test us with wealth,loss of lives, and different trials. He burdens us only which we can bear. Moreover,He tests only those whom He loves. Don't we like to be amongst those who He loves ! This temporary world passses on one day, but we need to strive for that permanent world, its Forever. I pray Allah swt  that He guides you , your family and all of us to righteous path. Ameen

Stay active at Islamicity. keep posting around.

I typed too long post, am sorry for it, and excuse me if i were wrong anywhere.

Edited by seekshidayath - 15 July 2009 at 4:16am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Adembelgium View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adembelgium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 5:54am
Salam Alekum seekshidayath,

Thank you for these wise words.

It will help me a lot to gain confidence and leading my life towards Allah.

Be sure that I will often request your wisdom :-)

I wish you a very nice day and may Allah guide you and bless you for your help InchAllah.

Bislama.

Adem
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:30pm
Walaikum Salam ,

JazakAllah {May Allah swt reward you} for the duas you made for me. You are welcome with your questions anytime. I shall try my best to answer if its in my knowledge, insha Allah. {If Allah wills}

And you know br, the most liked deed of a believer before Allah swt is the one, which is regularly done, howmuchever small it is. So i wish you be regular in gaining knowledge of Islam. Stick yourselves with Islamic discussions mostly. Here's a lecture, i wish you to listen for today. And do let me know your comments, or any questions you hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN7M7lmvbNk

Also read this :

http://khutbah.com/en/return_allah/remember.php

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic