IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaysha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 7:10am
Have trust in Allah..everything has been pre-destined even our partners in life....tawakkal for the things that are beyond our human capability and He will help us facilitate to what we are meant to have...what misses us is not meant for us and what hits us is indeed meant for us..
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 3:23am
Originally posted by aaysha aaysha wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Have trust in Allah..everything has been pre-destined even our partners in life....tawakkal for the things that are beyond our human capability and He will help us facilitate to what we are meant to have...what misses us is not meant for us and what hits us is indeed meant for us..

Interestingly true!
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

A keen observation about the predicament of US Muslim bechelorettes in hijab ...It limits the pool of the eligible suitors cuz not most US Muslims have the truly Islamic mind when searching for a spouse...I am afraid some would be left out to a life of spinsterhood...Not a delightful life I am afraid...Any suggestions!

It is the responsibility of a parent to make sure that their daughters are married when they are of age. Matchmaking should be a good suggestion if they could not find partners on their own.

There are two kind of Fate - One is Natural Fate, the other is Administered Fate. Finding spouse and making sure that our marriage works is Administered Fate.

Putting on hijab should start from within. Do it for Allah not for anything else. Then you will feel comfortable physically and spiritually.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 6:06am

It is the responsibility of a parent to make sure that their daughters are married when they are of age.

Ahh but you see many of the reverts  don't have parents... or cannot find a Wali... folks, even Imams are opting out...

I say a game show! lol
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
The Departing View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Departing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 6:16am
Excellent thread Sister. May Allah swt give you the wisdom to continue on the true path. I hope you do not mind, I am using some of it to respond to some fascist sites here in the UK.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

[QUOTE=Sign*Reader]A keen observation about the predicament of US Muslim bechelorettes in hijab ...It limits the pool of the eligible suitors cuz not most US Muslims have the truly Islamic mind when searching for a spouse...I am afraid some would be left out to a life of spinsterhood...Not a delightful life I am afraid...Any suggestions!

Why blame just US, it happens in India as well. I feel  its better to be late than to move on with such minds since such thoughts are n't  limited till hijab, Its implies that such persons are n't really mindful of Islam.

There are two kind of Fate - One is Natural Fate, the other is Administered Fate. Finding spouse and making sure that our marriage works is Administered Fate.

Hope those are your views sister. {Not the saying of any sufis Smile} Am of the opinion that its mostly, so called in your words - "natural fate". To strive in life thru right means, is all that matters and accounts. Rest all is followed by fate. To have faith in fate is one of the components of belief.

Putting on hijab should start from within. Do it for Allah not for anything else. Then you will feel comfortable physically and spiritually.

Coming to the subject of discussion, hijab shud be wore for the sake of obeying the commands of Allah swt.  Dawah is naturally done when we wear it. Hijabis shud be conscious that they now represent not themselves or there family, but the religion they belong to. I know a woman who was intrested to know of Islam. She was in a meeting where she found other muslimahs. She moved only towards a muslimah who wore hijab to get her doubts clarified. Eventually, after her rapport for about 2 months with that sister , she embraced Islam. She said that she felt as this muslimah wears hijab, she must be more conscious of God and that made her talk to her.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
aaysha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaysha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 4:58pm

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Mashallah!!!

I so much love this line!!!!
This is what I call true faith, sobhanallah!!

Our clothing should be an outward manifestation of the deen we believe and practice in our heart and minds. We must be modest in the way we think, what we do, what we say, where we go, what we hear etc. On the day when we are made to stand in front of Allah, our body parts themselves will either testify for us or against us.

Our hijab must reflex our inner love of the deen and Allah and our determination to live a life pleasing to our Creator from Whom nothing is hidden.

Edited by aaysha - 09 July 2009 at 4:58pm
aaysha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaysha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by The Departing The Departing wrote:

Excellent thread Sister. May Allah swt give you the wisdom to continue on the true path. I hope you do not mind, I am using some of it to respond to some fascist sites here in the UK.

Ameen wa iyyak, sis/bro

and you are free to share it with whom you want  and may Allah accept it from all of us...

ameen thumma ameen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic