IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaysha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

......I know a woman who was intrested to know of Islam. She was in a meeting where she found other muslimahs. She moved only towards a muslimah who wore hijab to get her doubts clarified. Eventually, after her rapport for about 2 months with that sister , she embraced Islam. She said that she felt as this muslimah wears hijab, she must be more conscious of God and that made her talk to her.

Yes sis, absolutely!!

that's what happened to me when I was still trying to know more about this deen. You can more trust those who are truly adhering about this deen in looks and in deeds though they got limitd knowledge about it... rather than those who just profess to be a muslim and speaks about this deen so beautifully but do not look like following it..

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 4:10am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Hope those are your views sister. {Not the saying of any sufis Smile} Am of the opinion that its mostly, so called in your words - "natural fate". To strive in life thru right means, is all that matters and accounts. Rest all is followed by fate. To have faith in fate is one of the components of belief.

Well you guess right Hidayah. This is from the teachings of Tasawwuf or Sufism. Natural Fate from the phrase - LAHAULAWALA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAHILALIYILADZEEM - meaning - There is no power nor strength save in Allah; the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)"

And Administered Fate - Verily, never
will Allah change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves" (Holy Quran 13:11

Take for example death. It is itself a Natural Fate as well as Administered Fate. Nobody can deny death but how we die, is administered by human, either ourselves or other people.

Man and woman naturally are made for each other. That is natural. How we find our partners, is administered fate.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

How we find our partners, is administered fate.

I respectfully beg to differ.

When I look around me, or read about the life of sahaba - or even umhatul Momineen, I realise that marriage/finding a partner is part of normal 'fate' . . . who you are going to marry (and if you are going to be married) has all been determined by Allah for you. You can 'try' all you want...its just fate.
My friend, was dating a boy for 6yrs, and she told me that if she didnt 'try', how was she going to get married. The boy even met the parents, went against 'hurdles', parents agreed. Then they had a quarrel, and the whole marriage was cancelled. Even I had started to believe they would get married. . .

Remember the incident of Umm Salama? She had never in her dreams thought of a husband other than Abu Salamma, and never could have imagined a better husband than him. Then came Prophet Muhammad! Subhanallah. So many other examples around us.

Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 312: It is related from Anas ibn Malik that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah the Mighty and Majestic appoints an angel to every womb who says, 'O Lord! A sperm drop! O Lord A clot! O Lord! A lump of flesh! ' Then if He desires to complete His creation, He does so and the angel asks, 'Is it to be male or female? Wretched or happy? What is its provision? What is its life-span?' This is all decreed in the mother's womb.

Edited by Chrysalis - 10 July 2009 at 11:45am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 4:34pm
AS we know the men are the protectors and the maitainers of women...
and per the following Sign injunction about covering of the women folks:

• 33:59 (Y. Ali) O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

• Now consider what happens when the Muslim men are not available for the Muslimahs' protection then what is the best approach to preclude molestation...Does the last part allows a waiver in such circumstances?
    Why I am saying this cuz read in the following news report that involves  a murder/ martyrdom of an Imam and literal molestation his hijabi daughters on the high desert town of our state of California ...It makes me so perturbed about this for those families who have ended up due to economics in small towns USA...CLICK BELOW FOR WHOLE STORY

FBI investigating fatal blast at a San Bernardino County home as a hate crime

The family, which includes seven children, lived on a large lot along Yermo Road for the last four years. Life hasn't always been peaceful. They reported being insulted based on their Arab heritage, having their religion mocked and being threatened.

Ahmad Mohd, 14, said a group of children at his school routinely challenged him to fights, used racial epithets and told him, "Go home, Arab." His father complained to school officials, who suspended some of the students, but the harassment continued, Ahmad said.

The school superintendent was on vacation and could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Asmaa Mohd, 18, who wears a traditional Arab head covering called a hijab, reported being taunted with a racial slur as some youths tried to tear off her head covering.

Should they be sitting ducks when there aren't very many Muslims there for their protection?
    Isn't the requirement fulfilled by wearing a doctors coat under 33:59?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 10 July 2009 at 4:45pm
    Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
    ikhwan View Drop Down
    Starter
    Starter
    Male
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:03pm
    salamualikum,
    what happened in california is terrible and i pray for the safety of the believers. hijab is the modesty of a muslimah, it can't be compromised, God created us and our brains and he knows what is good for us and whats bad. a manufacturer knows more of his product than the user and Allah the creater knows what is best for us. this unfortunate incident is rare and occurs mostly is US or europe and those who carry out these attacls are a minority, they do this because of the hatred against muslims. if muslims can't live there in peace than they should migrate where they are safe like the muslims did when they were persecuted in Makkah and than migrated to abyssinia a christian country and to medina.
    they want muslims to leave there faith which is impossible, there actions will result in nothing but hatred and islam will continue to grow inshAllah.

May Allah protect, guide and help the Ummah, ameen.
    seekshidayath View Drop Down
    Female Islam
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 8:46am

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15017&PID=129022#129022

We will discuss, concept of administered fate in the above thread.
    Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
    seekshidayath View Drop Down
    Female Islam
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 9:02am
    As Salamu Alaikum

Exactly, said br. Ikhwan. I was looking for the ayahs and alhamdullilah got them. Before sharing that, i pray Allah swt for maghfirah of  Ali Abdelhadi Mohd and his family. May Allah swt accept all his efforts and pains they have undergone. Ameen

Brother {Sign Reader}, i did not understand your question exactly. Do you mean hijab was the cause of her death ? Can you make it clear for me ?

These were the ayahs, i were looking for : {i don't know the exact conditions they were undergoing, but may be they belonged to the class discussed in ayah 98.

" Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves, they (angels) say (to them): "In what (condition) were you'' They reply: "We were weak and oppressed on the earth.'' They (angels) say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein'' Such men will find their abode in Hell - what an evil destination!

98. Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way.

99. These are they whom Allah is likely to forgive them, and Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.

100. He who emigrates in the cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.)

(Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves,) by refraining from Hijrah.

As said in the following ayahs of 98, its said, likely Allah swt may forgive them for not migrating. And am sure, all the pains they have undergone, shall surely be rewarded.

Look at the faith of the 18 year old girl {may Allah swt grant all of us such} who chose to wear hijab, though she must be knowing its not easy to move there. She faced the oppressions but did not give up!

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
    Hayfa View Drop Down
    Senior  Member
    Female
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 10:55am
    Did you know there is a whole set of Fiqh on ruing of Sacred Law in Secular Lands.. it is fascinating.. I am listening to t oa whole lecture series on just that.

ikhwan... to a degree you are correct.. but there is a whole host of situations in which exceptions are possible.. like eating pork etc.

I would be interested to hear what true scholars, not you (assuming you are not a scholar) or I or other people think, but what scholars would say if someone held a gun to a woman's head and said take the scarf off or I will kill you.

AND in light of the fact that Muslim women are NOT being protected by the men what is the situation..

I am in no way saying women should take their scarf off.. .but as a woman walking around the streets here.. on my own, no Muslim family to protect me.. I can see why for some reason it is not that easy. We are the 'weaker' sex.

I just wish all those brothers would wear good Islamic dress, grow beards etc..   I don't like men who stick the women out into the 'firing lines' and do little to ease the burden. Its really irritating. lol
    When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
      Share Topic