IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 7:27am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 01 November 2009 at 1:47am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Jamal Morelli Jamal Morelli wrote:

Regarding the comparison to 7/7, there was an immediate and universal condemnation of London bombings by the Muslim world - from MOR groups to Hamas. This combined with a co-ordinated response with EU Governments managed to reduce what could have been an enormous backlash...however....

Quote They had to wait in a civilised manner and wait for justice.

http://www.irr.org.uk/2005/july/ak000008.html

The anti-Muslim backlash begins

http://www.irr.org.uk/2005/august/ha000015.html

The racist backlash to the London bombings continues

http://www.irr.org.uk/2005/august/ha000009.html

Anti-Muslim backlash goes on

Brother, with the greatest respect, if you read my post I said there were issolated incidents...yes there were many. I also said ALL religions were upset by the bombings.

The UK is still waiting for justice, throught the judicial system.

THis is a far more dignified approach to be honest.

We did not protest by marching in thousands! And your examples come from a biased website, nothing more. It's these kind of examples that disturb the general public. Look at the broad spectrum of the media for unbiased reports. I am muslim. I am also white British having been born here. I love Islam but would never go on a protest march and throw shoes or burn images etc etc. Need I say more? THe Prophet(pbuH) would be appalled by such actions wouldn't he?
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 7:49am
Bro I have yet to read this article.
I will come back to youSmile

(Martha, I think you would like this article: )

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2009/956/op1.htm

Salaams
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 7:56am
Quote-Here is a picture of a leaflet distributed by the BNP -

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Society/Pix/pictures/2005/07/13/bnp3.jpg

Ironically, the BNP and the London bombers both cited Iraq as the motive for 7/7. Quote

Hmm....the BNP are a weird lot, lol. Most Brits would agree I think. I will read it now,just to be polite. I will return:)
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 8:35am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 01 November 2009 at 1:46am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 12:00pm
If the site is unbiased then I stand corrected. BUt I hope it also highlights the racism attacks agains't the British white...as this also does exist.
Do you have any substantial references from the same institution?
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 1:28pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 01 November 2009 at 1:46am
ikhwan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 1:20am
Asalamualikum.
sister Martha i understand what u said and i agree that our response should be in a civilized manner because as muslims we should be patient. but you should understand that its a fact that muslims are persecuted almost everywhere and i and other muslims like brother jamal as brothers and sisters in islam feel for the suffering the ummah is facing, we can not ignore the facts and the problems we are facing that is why i say that right thinking christians should help to find reasons for hatred and let us help each other for peace, while those who want violence should be stopped. i live here in asia but i visited europe twice, i met good christians and new muslims like you and i was impressed by the love of islam by new muslims and understanding by christians but when i would walk in the street i felt threatened. here where i live i know alot of christians and none of them have ever been threatened Alhamdullilah because what the western leaders are doing we dont blame them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic