IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If this were a Christian or Jew in the Middle East  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If this were a Christian or Jew in the Middle East

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If this were a Christian or Jew in the Middle East
    Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:19pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CAIR Meets with German Officials on Murder of Muslim Woman
Letter to German chancellor asks that religious minorities be protected

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 7/8/09) � Representatives of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) met today with officials of the German embassy in Washington, D.C., to discuss a recent incident in which a pregnant Muslim woman was stabbed to death at a Dresden court while testifying against a man who had insulted her for wearing a religiously-mandated headscarf, or hijab.  

The woman was stabbed 18 times as court security personnel allegedly failed to intervene. When the woman�s husband attempted to shield her from the attacker, he was shot by those same security personnel and remains in critical condition

SEE: The Headscarf Martyr: Murder in German Court Sparks Egyptian Fury

During their meeting today with the embassy officials, CAIR representatives delivered a letter from the organization�s National Executive Director Nihad Awad to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, which stated in part:

�This horrendous act of hatred is obviously of concern to all those in Germany and worldwide who value justice and religious tolerance.

�There is a growing perception that the German government was slow to condemn this bias-motivated act of violence and has not addressed the underlying Islamophobia that can lead to such tragic incidents.

�We are also concerned that the ban in several German states on Muslim teachers wearing hijab may serve to legitimize the type of Islamophobic views held by [the woman�s] attacker.

�We implore you to protect the rights of all religious minorities in Germany by taking immediate and direct measures such as instituting policies that seek to prevent the growth of Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, racism, or any other form of bigotry. CAIR and the American Muslim community stand ready to assist you in developing and implementing those policies or initiatives.

�We urge you to investigate whether the perpetrator of this crime was in any way linked to a larger anti-Muslim movement.

�CAIR has more than 15 years of experience in dealing with issues related to Islamophobia, hate crimes and civil rights, and would be willing to share this experience with German officials and the German Muslim community.�

Those taking part in today�s meeting included Awad, CAIR Legal Counsel Nadhira Al-Khalili and CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper.

CAIR, America's largest Muslim civil liberties organization, has 35 offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 11:03am
"Maybe you forget about the German-Jew past, that is why it is illegal to make remarks like that just like it is illegal to display a swatchika in public."

How can anyone possibly forget about the German-Jew past. There are memorials and museums and a big new country built upon the blood of the Palestinians to remind us.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 10:47am
"Even on this board you all talked more about him than what is going on in Iran, Muslims being killed for peaceful protests."

I didn't talk more about him. There are a few threads but the posters are Muslim and non-Muslim. However, the24/7 media coverage of his death in the Christian majority U.S. has nothing to Muslims.

"Some pervert dies and all of sudden the world stops to honor his life."

Believe me, the Middle Eastern channels are still covering the protests in Iran and giving much more comprehensive coverage to the war in Iraq than we have ever seen. They keep track of the American soldiers that have died AND the civilians. Like the 40+ killed by U.S. drones in Pakistan while attending a funeral. Apparently not everything came to a stop.

And the warmongering evangelical Christian Bush is the original reason the U.S. soldiers needlessly killed got no airtime. They seem to be getting more now.

"It was not found out until much later that Neda was a Christian.  Are you saying that a Christian can not represent the people of Iran?"

What? I said she was not American, I didn't mention her religion at all.

Shasta please read-

Arabs are a semetic people.  Muslim is not a race- Islam is not a race.

Yes, we know that Arabs are semitic. Perhaps someone should tell the Jews, the U.S., and all of the European countries that have anti-semitic hate laws that do not include Arabs.

Islam isn't a race? Really? I'm confused....  

As far as I know Hate Laws apply to race, religion, sexual orientation and disability.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 08 July 2009 at 11:05am
Eleanor Roosevelt
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 9:28am
%5bImage%5d

A U.S. Marine from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade, 1st Battalion 5th Marines pauses briefly in the heat to rest with his heavy pack filled with mortar equipment, ammunition, food, and water in the Nawa district in Afghanistan's Helmand province Saturday, July 4, 2009. Taliban militants attacked a U.S. coalition base in eastern Afghanistan on Saturday with an explosives-laden truck that blew up outside the gates, sparking a two-hour gunbattle and killing two American troops, officials said.  AP

ops155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

I'm not faulting America, unless you define America as the media. I am pointing out an obvious double standard.

The woman Neza who was killed in Iran wasn't American, but she is all over the American news because we are supposed to hate the Iranian government. They are the next great evil.

When the Taliban kidnapped those S. Korean missionaries in 2007 that was all over the American news. No Americans involved there. But the equally evil Taliban was holding missionaries. Big story everywhere.

So I guess it really doesn't matter if Americans are involved or not as long as the perpetrators are who the media want to demonise.

If every word of this story remained the same, but the woman killed were a Jew, then every paper in the world would have picked up on the story. Pregnant Jewish woman stabbed 18 times in a German court room full of armed police by a man who made anti-semetic remarks. Oh wait, that would never happen since anti-semitic remarks are illegal in Germany so she would never have had to sue the man. He would have just been arrested for a hate crime.

Too bad this woman wasn't afforded the same protection under the law, or after. But since she was only a Muslim, what difference does it make?

Maybe you forget about the German-Jew past, that is why it is illegal to make remarks like that just like it is illegal to display a swatchika in public. As far as not getting air time, our own soldiers who died this past week didn't even get any airtime because of MJ. Some pervert dies and all of sudden the world stops to honor his life. Even on this board you all talked more about him than what is going on in Iran, Muslims being killed for peaceful protests. Yeah just an American problem though
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 5:28am
This story is very sad- How did the man get a knife into court?  Do they not have metal detectors?  

Are you saying that the Islamic Republic is good and fair - people should not be protesting for a fair vote?

Government is supposed to represent the people.  My understanding is that the little guy president is leading the Iranian people in a way they do not want to go.

It was not found out until much later that Neda was a Christian.  Are you saying that a Christian can not represent the people of Iran?

Shasta please read-

Arabs are a semetic people.  Muslim is not a race- Islam is not a race.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 3:21am
I'm not faulting America, unless you define America as the media. I am pointing out an obvious double standard.

The woman Neza who was killed in Iran wasn't American, but she is all over the American news because we are supposed to hate the Iranian government. They are the next great evil.

When the Taliban kidnapped those S. Korean missionaries in 2007 that was all over the American news. No Americans involved there. But the equally evil Taliban was holding missionaries. Big story everywhere.

So I guess it really doesn't matter if Americans are involved or not as long as the perpetrators are who the media want to demonise.

If every word of this story remained the same, but the woman killed were a Jew, then every paper in the world would have picked up on the story. Pregnant Jewish woman stabbed 18 times in a German court room full of armed police by a man who made anti-semetic remarks. Oh wait, that would never happen since anti-semitic remarks are illegal in Germany so she would never have had to sue the man. He would have just been arrested for a hate crime.

Too bad this woman wasn't afforded the same protection under the law, or after. But since she was only a Muslim, what difference does it make?

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 08 July 2009 at 3:30am
Eleanor Roosevelt
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:32pm

Too much sad this story. Obviously, if in the "justice" building someone is killed, it shows lot of problems: first of all, security problem... how that man (God give him what he deserves) came inside the Court with a knife????? What about the security system?

Another point is the social one, and sorry to tell you but I think you cannot value the whole Europe or America because of a mad o thousand mad people. Come on!! We are millions and you are focusing only in the worst part of our societies!!! But in the same way, everytime we are trying to show you the same, you answer very fast that they are fanatics... This man was fanatic, or maybe only st**id, or mad... who knows? But it's one story, it's not the daily life of every headscarved in Europe or America. I see headscarved women everyday, in the bus, in the market, in the street, and nobody insults them, or beat them, and even they don't look at them... It's not fair.

God/Allah take care of her in Heaven, where I know she is in peace. Really, I have to congratulate her family for having such a brave woman, who was facing this man, who was taking him to the court... I really admire her even without knowing.

I'm sorry for her family.

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic