IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -
    Posted: 06 July 2009 at 2:03am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 05 November 2009 at 5:06am
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 5:10am
I like this. Clap

'When people ask me if the Bible is the word of God I answer 'which Bible?'" - Believer, what do you say of this?

The Old Testament and the New Testament has all the imprints of a man-made manuscripts.

God Almighty has left The Last Testament that is the Quran for the whole of mankind. Unadultered, pure and authentic.

That is a sign of His Mercy to His Servants.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:17pm
As Salamu Alaikum,Brother Jamal.Ajabanee Haqan!
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:20pm
I am sure it can be very confusing for those that have not studied Bible history-  there are Books of the Holy Bible that have always been considered scripture for example - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - then there are some that have not been completely proven.  These have been kept ntot destroyed, considered early Christians writings, but not the Word of GOD.

You do realize that we have manuscripts of various Books of the Holy Bible from much earlier dates then the Codex Sinaiticus don't you?

The reason the Epistle of Barnabas was not included in the Bible we have today is that it was written later- not enough proof for it to be included.

The difference between islam and Christianity is that we did not intentionally burn the various collections the way Uthmann did with the quran, so we can in fact see when man has altered the text:  This is talking about a book Ehrman wrote-

3. The Tools Used in Text Critical Case Against Biblical Inspiration Actually Support the Opposite Conclusion

The argument Ehrman makes against biblical authority, ironically enough, supports the opposite conclusion. Ehrman indicates that various scribes changed the biblical text as they made copies. Fine. Let's grant that this is true, as I think it is in some cases. The text critical tools used in Ehrman's argument, however, actually show that we can identify these scribal changes and, to a high degree of probability, show what the text was like before the changes were made. In other words, Ehrman's use of text criticism to point out that scribes "misquoted Jesus" employs scholarly tools that allow us to get back to the more authentic words of Jesus. So, the very critical tools that Ehrman uses to write his book, one might argue, are the tools God has given so we can have confidence that we have access to the actual words He once inspired, or something very close to these words.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:21pm
Remember the quran you have today confirms the Gospel and Torah!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:31pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 05 November 2009 at 5:07am
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:32pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 05 November 2009 at 5:06am
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 6:44am
Believer wrote - "there are Books of the Holy Bible that have always been considered scripture for example - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John"

Considered? Considered by whom? Consider means - think through, mull over, chew over, reflect, deliberate, contemplate, take into account, ponder, weigh up, study, cogitate (formal), ruminate

Definitely considered by human.

Anything that belongs to God is DEFINITE! Because God is The Truth!

These have been kept ntot destroyed, considered early Christians writings, but not the Word of GOD.

Which could be found extensively in the Bible. Therefore not the word of God.

The difference between islam and Christianity is that we did not intentionally burn the various collections the way Uthmann did with the quran,

The Christians should have followed the footsteps of Uthman. They should have burned all the copies of the Bible leaving only a few authentic ones instead of having thousands of version of the Gospel and none even resembling the Truth.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic