IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:21am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

LOL!  Shasta -"Brilliant response, Believer!  Change the subject to the Quran when the topic is about the Bible!"

I did no such thing.  Just a reminder to muslims that the Quran confirms the Torah and Gospel.

Attacking the quran in response to your posts about the Holy Bible would have been a tactic that muslims use all the time - twisting the topic around mentioning all the contradictions, mistakes, grammer errors, etc . 

There NOW you can say I changed the topic!!  LOL!!Big%20smile

You dishonor the quran everytime you say the Gospel is corrupt.  

You can discuss the quran at any time. Just start the topic in the appropriate place. I will also remind you that you never actually made a point about the Quran, you just copied and pasted the first thing you came across that gave a negative view of the Quran. I also left your link up. If you have a problem with my decision, then please take it up with admin. Furthermore, any discussion about a moderator ruling will not be done in the thread. You may send private messages, but not on the public threads. Any more discussion will be made to me or other mods through private messages, and not hear. Hope this helps.
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

I like this. Clap

'When people ask me if the Bible is the word of God I answer 'which Bible?'" - Believer, what do you say of this?

The Old Testament and the New Testament has all the imprints of a man-made manuscripts.

God Almighty has left The Last Testament that is the Quran for the whole of mankind. Unadultered, pure and authentic.

That is a sign of His Mercy to His Servants.

The Bible has never claimed to be the "word of God." 

The word of God is the word of God.  Humans can try to write it down as best they understand it, but according to the scriptures compiled in the Bible, the Word of God is eternal and was incarnated in the flesh 2000 years ago. (See John 1:1-18).

Muslims believe the word of God came to earth in the form of a book.
Christians believe the word of God came to earth in the form of a man.

The Bible is actually more equivalent to the Hadith, not the Quran.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:37pm
[QUOTE=Natassia]
Not necessarily,

2:117- To Him is due The primal orgin Of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter,He saith to it: "Be",And it is.see there's the Word of Allah. I would'nt compare the Bible to Hadith,You see Hadith was reported by The companions (May Allah be pleased with them.)of Prophet Muhammed(SAW)who actually knew him.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

[QUOTE=Natassia]
Not necessarily,

2:117- To Him is due The primal orgin Of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter,He saith to it: "Be",And it is.see there's the Word of Allah. I would'nt compare the Bible to Hadith,You see Hadith was reported by The companions (May Allah be pleased with them.)of Prophet Muhammed(SAW)who actually knew him.

You could argue though that the New Testament is also  Hadith?...as it was written by companions of Jesus who actually knew him. Any ideas?
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 3:41am
Laa!
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 7:05am
Does that mean 'yes'?  Confused
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 8:07am

[QUOTE=Natassia]
Not necessarily,

Are you attributing the word "Be" to always be the word of Allah?

You are thinking in very limited terms...limited human language.

The "Word of God" is equivalent to the THOUGHTS of God expressed to humans.  Like I said, Muslims believe these thoughts are recorded in the Quran, and Christians believe these thoughts are recorded in Jesus Christ.

Yes, God's expression is also found in creation.

However, creation does not necessarily point to Islam.  It simply points to the Creator.
Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 8:10am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

[QUOTE=Natassia]
Not necessarily,

You could argue though that the New Testament is also  Hadith?...as it was written by companions of Jesus who actually knew him. Any ideas?

I would say the New Testament is more like the Hadith.  The Hadith have Quran verses, but they also explain the context of them from the point-of-view of the narrators.  Sometimes you have one story being told by three different people, and so the hadiths somewhat differ in details.  However, it doesn't necessarily mean the event didn't happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic