IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The second coming of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The second coming of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 3:51pm

Greetings AhmadJoyia,

Thanks for your reply�

Apple Pie wrote:

Greetigns AhmadJoyia,

Thanks for your reply�

My Dear Bro Apple Pie, can't we pray to the same One God whom Jesus also used to pray? Shouldn't we?

Do you think that the god of Islam is the Yahweh of the Holy Bible�?

My dear bro Apple Pie, I don't know which "Yahweh of Holy Bible" are you specifically referring to.

Then how can you say �can�t we pray to the same one God��.if you are unsure of who He is in the first place�?!

Nevertheless, more important to know is our God is one, just one God; whether we believe in it or not; its immaterial. What do you say about this? So, when I say I believe in the same God (as defined in your gospels) to whom Jesus also used to pray, do you have any reservations of not accepting this fact? I would understand some uneasiness on the part of my Muslim brothers, if at all any, but what is that which bothers you in this statement? I really don't understand.

If you do not take Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (as clearly mandated in the classic Arabic of your book of faith), then we are not praying to the same One God.

If you deny the classic Arabic of your scriptures then you are worshipping a false god�

This is as simple as it gets�

Quote:

Triune or whatever you say is an human explanation of these scriptures as you would not even find this very word in whole of the Bible. Isn't it?

The word �trinity� is an epithet that was coined to summarize the scriptures as to how the Creator God of the holy Bible has chosen to reveal Himself�

So my dear brother, if this term has any truth, why this term appears only through the NT part of it and not the OT part of it? Don't the Jews also share the same OT?

Who ever stated that the OT was devoid of the Uniplurality of the One Creator God of the Universe�?

Quote:

Ironically, the authors of the Koran have also revealed their �allah� in the very same manner�

"Ironically", yes one may call it "ironically" because of his own misunderstanding of Quran. Other than that, for us, Allah is one and only one. There is none equal to Him. He begets none nor begotten by anyone. So, my dear, your false understanding faces right on to your ownself.

There you go again�.

Denying what 4.171 blatantly tells you�

Please inform us just how your ONE god can be composed of Both Spirit & Word�?!

Quote:

It is most interesting that you use the word �hatred��as it appears to be an emotion that is on your mind and not ours�.

Take care�

I may be wrong in my observation of your comments elsewhere; however am so happy to hear that atleast you are not emotional in your hatred but .............in hatred. I shall leave it you to fill in the blanks or you intend to refute the "blank" totally. That shall indeed be more joyfull.

Again�you repeatedly mention �hatred��

Why is your thought train confined to using this term when ever there is irrefutable opposition to your belief system�.?

If you truly were confident in your faith, then your constant usage of the word �hatred� would not have even come into the picture�

Perhaps we now have a glimpse of why Muslim nations continue in their violence in the name of their god�

Take care�

copenhagen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Apple Pie Apple Pie wrote:

My dear bro Apple Pie, I don't know which "Yahweh of Holy Bible" are you specifically referring to.

Then how can you say �can�t we pray to the same one God��.if you are unsure of who He is in the first place�?!

I am so very fascintated by this concept.

Originally posted by Apple Pie Apple Pie wrote:

Nevertheless, more important to know is our God is one, just one God; whether we believe in it or not; its immaterial. What do you say about this? So, when I say I believe in the same God (as defined in your gospels) to whom Jesus also used to pray, do you have any reservations of not accepting this fact? I would understand some uneasiness on the part of my Muslim brothers, if at all any, but what is that which bothers you in this statement? I really don't understand.

If you do not take Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (as clearly mandated in the classic Arabic of your book of faith), then we are not praying to the same One God.

If you deny the classic Arabic of your scriptures then you are worshipping a false god�

This is as simple as it gets�

But, I am sorry to say, I find what you are saying VERY confusing. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure if you are Muslim or a Christian or something else :)

But, here is my open ended question/statement to Muslims, Christians, and, well, any monotheist.

Group A believes in one and only one God, and group B believes in one and only one God. Each God has similar sounding characteristics; Omniscient, omnipotent et al. Muslims say one must follow the teachings of Muhammad to be a Muslim. Christians say one must follow the teachings of Jesus to be a Christian. Jews say you have to (be born into the tribe, and) follow the teachings of Moses et al. (These are all gross overgeneralizations, but they convey my intent for the sake of conversation.)

Don't all THREE detract from the idea of one God as each puts on a qualifier for accepting the one God?

Ok, maybe this should be a new thread.

I'm not promoting unitarianism or whatever it's called. But I do feel it is a point to ponder. There is a common thread, and IF one God is the most important aspect of faith, it's best to FIRST
a) clean our own houses
b) focus more on the copious supply of atheists, and the few rare self professed polytheists.

If someone already is at one God, great, move along. Not to do so implies that the one God aspect of the faith isn't the MOST important -- that is how I see it, and I agree that my position is open to debate. But any faith puts a qualifier on just what that one God is, despite the fact that there isn't room for two omniscient and omnipotent gods. What is more important? One God? Or how one person qualifies membership amounst the "true" believers?

I'm off to bed now that I've offended most everyone in the world

Edited by copenhagen
Some people before you asked questions, and on that account lost their faith.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 12:05am
"Some people before you asked questions and on that account lost their faith" they should have realized everything is a test and the only reality is His reality, to whom all power belongs.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 3:02am

43.61   And verily He, i.e. Jesus, by His appearing, and descending to the earth, shall be a sign of the approach of the hour (of Resurrection), so do not doubt/argue with it, and follow Me, that (is a) straight/direct road/way.

This and other verses used are incorrectly translated or interpreted.

The correct version is "And verily he is a knowledge for the hour." 'ilmun li assaa'ati" means knowledge for the hour not sign for the hour "ayatun li assaa'ati".

It is the truth.

Jesus is not dead, but alive, a prophet who did not die yet.

Our Prophet said that no one can be a believer in him if they do not believe in Jesus.

Jeus said that no one comes to as what they translate as "Father" but we call Rabb al 'alameen (Lord Cherisher of the worlds mankind and jinn) Except through him. This connects to the words of our prophet if you understand.

Jesus is alive and is a knowledge for the hour.

Jesus gave life to the dead, healed the sick and made the form of a bird of clay and breath into it and it became a living bird by the leave of Allah.

Besides Allah you have no protector or helper, everyone with Him is submitted to Him, so submit to Him, serve Him and be thankful to Him.

Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

"Some people before you asked questions and on that account lost their faith" they should have realized everything is a test and the only reality is His reality, to whom all power belongs.

Hello "Community",

You can call me Sam. Look forward to chatting with you in the future, God willing.

I like the idea you bring up. I'm copy and pasting it to a new thread.

Peace
Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:42am

Greetings Community,

Thanks for your reply�

43.61   And verily He, i.e. Jesus, by His appearing, and descending to the earth, shall be a sign of the approach of the hour (of Resurrection), so do not doubt/argue with it, and follow Me, that (is a) straight/direct road/way.

This and other verses used are incorrectly translated or interpreted.

The correct version is "And verily he is a knowledge for the hour." 'ilmun li assaa'ati" means knowledge for the hour not sign for the hour "ayatun li assaa'ati".

It is the truth.

First of all, please bring forth your references for your interpretation�.thanks�

Secondly, it appears that you are acknowledging that these ayahs are referring to Jesus.

Who (but God Himself) know the hour�?

Where does it state this in your book of faith�?

Our Prophet said that no one can be a believer in him if they do not believe in Jesus.

Where does it state this in your book of faith�?

Jeus said that no one comes to as what they translate as "Father" but we call Rabb al 'alameen (Lord Cherisher of the worlds mankind and jinn) Except through him. This connects to the words of our prophet if you understand.

I�m glad that you brought this up�.as it amply demonstrates my point that the authors of the Koran simply are copying Biblical material�

�rabbu alAAalameena� definition:

The Lord of the jinn, or genii, and of mankind: the Lord of all created beings.  It comes from the root �alama�, which means to mark, sign, and distinguish. He knew it; or he was, or became, acquainted with it; or he knew it truly, or certainly. He knew a thing intuitively and inferentially. He marked it. He, a man, had a fissure in his upper lip; or in one of its two sides.  Knowledge.

References:

An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, pp. 2138 - 2142

The Dictionary of the Holy Qur�an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 383 - 385

The very first sura is addressed to mankind and the �Jinn��

It is most interesting that the �Jinn� are in fact, the demonic locusts detailed in the Book of Revelation.

Hence, this theme literally saturates the entire Koran from start to finish.

Completely copying Biblical, as we would predict�and, as the authors themselves quite clearly stated�

Jesus is alive and is a knowledge for the hour.

Jesus is alive and knows the hour because He is God Almighty.

This is stated in the holy Bible, and also in the classic Arabic of your book of faith�

Don�t deny it.

Jesus gave life to the dead, healed the sick and made the form of a bird of clay and breath into it and it became a living bird by the leave of Allah.

Only God can raise the dead.

Period.

Hence, to acknowledge that Jesus can raise the dead inherently demonstrates that He is God Himself.

Furthermore, this �clay bird� fable was copied by the Koranic authors from Christian heretical sources�

Thanks�

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 5:37pm

My refference to translating that verse is the clear arabic language, i would suggest you learn it before trying to use it to back up your claims between brackets.

Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

This is a point I find VERY fascinating.

Can someone suggest an easy to read link or two on the subject?

googling has given me a glut of pages from those who claim Imam Mahdi has already come yada yada yada. Or lots of stuff not of primary interest.

This issue is my sticking point over in the "Last Prophet" thread, and I'm looking for a bit more insight.

Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic