IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The second coming of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The second coming of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The second coming of Jesus
    Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:34pm

Christians as well as Muslims believe in the second coming of Jesus. I think both parties believe that he (Jesus) will return at the end of the world to fight (or help in the fight) against oppression, infidelity, etc... Now, I mean no mockery at all, but this is my question - How do you (Christians and Muslims) imagine the scene to be like? Will Jesus be leading the believers on a horse with a sword in hand? Or will he be holding a machine gun and commanding F-16's?

Edited by Deus
americancrusade View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americancrusade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:34pm

Deus,

As a christian, I believe Jesus will come, and those who know him will rejoice, those who don't, will perish forever.  His return will be unpleasant for those who have not lived a life of service and tolerance/love for all.  In my mind, I see many Islamojihadist's being cast into the lake of fire for their intolerance and wickedness performed in the name of Allah of Islam.  My Father would never, never, never approve of such acts.

Do not confuse what is happening right now with western might as Armagedon.  It is part of the battle to come before the return of our lord Jesus Christ. 

Jesus asks that we turn our back, dust off our shoes and walk away from those who do not wish to hear his word, the Father will judge them.  It is not for us to judge.  I believe the Father demonstrated much more vengence in the old testament, sacrificed his only son in an attempt to share his love and save all of man.  There is much violence against Christians in the new Testament without vengence, I believe this is the path we must follow. 

Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:50pm

But how will the battle between Jesus and his enemies take place? Will it be a spiritual battle or military as well? And if military, how much role will Jesus be playing in it?

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 9:57pm
Deus, I read the book but it doesn't answer your questions.

I guess we will have to wait for the movie.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 8:26am
Originally posted by americancrusade americancrusade wrote:

Do not confuse what is happening right now with western might as Armagedon.  It is part of the battle to come before the return of our lord Jesus Christ. 

If nothing else, Dues, probably this part of response from my Christian brother may provide the clue to your answer as how they (at least some of them) perceive it. 

Quote Jesus asks that we turn our back, dust off our shoes and walk away from those who do not wish to hear his word, the Father will judge them.  It is not for us to judge. 

My brother americancrusade, I fully agree with you if you mean "father" implies "the God whom Jesus also used to pray". Kindly do let me know if it is so.

I believe the Father demonstrated much more vengence in the old testament, ........

Now what other proof anyone need to find out that OT has been miserably corrupted.

Quote sacrificed his only son in an attempt to share his love and save all of man. 

This is totally a strange love that I have ever heard of. So you mean the people killing their own children in Iraq are justified for their love to save their people from occupation?

There is much violence against Christians in the new Testament without vengence, I believe this is the path we must follow. 

But your selection of user name "americancrusade" negate your own beleifs.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 6:13am

Bismillah,

Al-Wadud means The Loving, and is one of the many beautifull names Allah, SWT, has.  Al-Wadud has never and will never advocate human sacrifice for any reason. He will forgive us when we are pure of heart in our intentions because he is Loving and Merciful.

Abraham was loved by Al-Wadud.  He was told to sacrifice his son as a test of faith, but then he was stopped and told to sacrifce a lamb instead.  This story clearly teaches us that even though we should be willing to sacrifce anything for our belief and faith and fear of Allah, SWT, that we will not be asked to kill our children ever as a blood sacrifice.

Human sacrifce is a pagan concept that has corrupted Christianity and Islam. Our Loving God, whom we know is neither male nor female, scorns such ideas.  Our beloved Jesus (Isa) was taken up to heaven to avoid the pains of death until Judgement Day because Allah, SWT, loves him so much. Catholics and Shias have in common self-flagellation to the point of death.  This is a human sacrifice that defies Allah's Love and concern for us.

Why don't you consider the possiblity that God can forgive our sins without such a tragic sacrifice?  Allah, SWT, encourages us to repent and live good lives, and all we must do is have pure, open, uncorrupted hearts and souls for our repentance to be embraced by our Lord.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 2:32am

The concept of how Jesus will return differs depending on the denomination of Christianity you believe in.  Some of us are taught he will return on a chariot of fire from the Heavens, to rule the Earth for a Millenia of Peace and the Devil will be bound and have no power over man.  Then after this Millenia of peace, the gates of hell will open, the final battle and then Judgement will occur.  At that time we will be resurrected and assigned our eternal rewards.  Others believe that the return of Christ will be heralded by signs but it will be more subtle, his war with the Anti-Christ a Shadow war that will finish with the last battle in the Valley of Armagedon and then the Judgement Day will come and the resurrection will be only for the believers, everyone else will stay dead or in hell.  Frankly, the only answer a true Christian can give you is..........we don't know, only the Father knows the Day and the Hour.....and in that statement, the way.  Its a debate no one knows the answer to and its like the Robert Frost Poem:

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-- Robert Frost 
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:33am

Another version of the issue,Bob Marley and his dreams on Africa waiting for Jesus's return......

Exodus

Bob Marley

"Exodus," which moved Bob into an era of international hits, was a vast change of style. Recorded in London after Bob left Jamaica when he was shot in December 1976; he had determined the title of the LP before the title track was even recorded.

The title track, the first single to receive widespread airplay on black radio stations in the United States, concerned a final journey - of Damnation for some, of Resurrection for others. The central message, though, was a vision of glorious end to the suffering of all Jah's people.

Exodus, movement of Jah people, oh yeah
Open your eyes and let me tell you this

Men and people will fight ya down (Tell me why?)
  when ya see Jah light
Let me tell you, if you're not wrong (Then why?)
  ev'rything is alright
So we gonna walk, alright, through the roads of creation
We're the generation (Tell me why)
  trod through great tribulation

Exodus, movement of Jah people

Open your eyes and look within
Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
We know where we're going; we know where we're from
We're leaving Babylon, we're going to our fatherland

(Movement of Jah people)
Send us another Brother Moses gonna cross the Red Sea
(Movement of Jah people)
Send us another Brother Moses gonna cross the Red Sea

Exodus, Exodus, Exodus, Exodus,
Exodus, Exodus, Exodus, Exodus
Move! Move! Move! Move! Move! Move!

Open your eyes and look within
Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
We know where we're going; we know where we're from
We're leaving Babylon, we're going to the fatherland

Movement of Jah people (4 times)

Jah come to break down 'pression, rule equality
Wipe away transgression, set the captives free

Movement of Jah people (5 times)