IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women-Led Friday Prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women-Led Friday Prayer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdullah mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 6:50am

Why we suppose to follow arabic traditions their hadiths,their

scholars,their opinions,do they give good example to the world?

No? they do not

abdullah mariam View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdullah mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 7:17am

A female Islamic law professor condemned the act as apostasy, explaining that a woman's body "stirs desire" in men. Some suggested the event was a U.S. conspiracy to mold traditional Islam into a secular American religion.

this is from a news paper in Egypt and I personnaly think that a real shame ,the arguement are realy so stupid and even like this one an

offence for women!

orhan_osmani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orhan_osmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:45am

Dear All,

Assalamu Alaikum,

What was done by Sister Amina - was not right because it goes against all islamic principles. If Allah wanted female messengers He would have sent them, but all he sent were men. It is not that Islam is against women, they are not capable of doing what man can do, as men were not created to give birth.

I think this action of her's was needed to move us closer to the day of Judgement and it is all part of life. I agree with many of you here in the forum, we have bigger problems than this. We have our own personal problems of not being pious and humble enough. Amina and others (same as her) are not worth of loosing our time to discuss about their courses of action. May Allah SWT forgive them, and help them win over their ego and satan who mischief them to things as the one done by Amina and her followers.

May Allah swt give us all (mankind) health and peace with our families, friends and enemies.

Regards,

Orhan

abdnur View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdnur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:58am

It is simple, those women who want to lead prayers, pray along or in front of men want to become MEN. And those men who want to be lead by, pray along or behind women want to become WOMEN.

The prophet said "Allah curses among the men who immitate women and curses among women who immitate men"

So the only thing we can do as Muslims is "CURSE THEM".

By the way this is poor soul is not the first one to do it in the states. In the 80's, Rashad Khalifa used to appoint his female secretary to lead the prayers in his TEMPLE.

abdnur

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 2:12pm

I think sis Mariam Abdullah has an important point. Should we follow Allah and His messanger or should we follow men (Arabic culture) for the true guidance? On the other hand, grievences of muslim females must be true in their own accord, but does it warrant to challange this particular "established' practice to solve these grievences? That is to say, if the solution suggested by sis Amina, is the key to the problems the muslim females are facing in specific, and the Muslim umma, in general? I think they are totally unrelated, espcially in the west. After reading the news media, the circumstances under which this prayer was held, warrants an immediate dissimination of policy of tolerance on the part of every one. The way the threats were given and even the type of threats, are troublesome. This is where true Islam must be represented. At this moment of time the whole world's eyes are towards this community as to how they resolve their differences. Is it solved or tackeled through scholarly educated dialogue or through means of medival culture? Even some of the comments on this forum are disturbing as they don't reflect to form a civilized forum. In the end, in order to make this forum more meaningful, it would be prudent by everyone to bring forward their comments that are supported by evidence from the authentic sources and not from their "established" cultures as sis Mariam as already pointed out. Jazak Allah. By the way, sis Mariam has not forwarded direct evidence to support her point except by indirectly making a point towards this direction.

madaleine daif View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madaleine daif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 7:19pm

To Sarah Eltantawi,

It is really sad that you see the women in Islam are not free because they sit behind the men. We are very free, this has nothing to do with freedom of women but with respect for eachother and modesty that Allah wants from us. This is the beauty in Islam. And let me tell you. I am from the Netherlans and my whole family is cristian so I am used to a lot of freedoms and know what you mean. But you see it so wrong, I am married to an Egyptian man and we live a good life together with our children and I am very happy to be muslim and I feel great sitting with the women behind the men. It feels so so comfortable and so right to me. This is the way Allah wants us to pray so we have to obey, we are not creating a new rule or a new quran are we. That would be the day, a day that Insha'allah will never come because if you would really understand your religion you would never write the way you did! Sincerely Madaleine Daif

ita8111 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ita8111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 7:29pm

Assalamu alaikum:

Frankly I'm not surprised at the attitude of Sarah Eltantawi.  Either she has a hidden agenda or is simply ignorant of the role of a true Muslim/Muslima.  Stupid statements like tell us where you stand, stop cowering, etc. are typical of the Ann Coulter school of writing.

For all those applauding the advent of a woman imam (question here is she an imam with the appropriate qualifications or a self appointed one and that too one with a hidden agenda), go read and ponder Sura Azhab verses 56-58.  Once the true meaning of these verses hits you, you'll stop applauding. And start fearing ALLAH exactly the way it should be.

Well written Sister ummziba, may you be Blessed for the strength of your Iman.

madaleine daif View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madaleine daif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 7:37pm

To sister Sarah Eltantawi,

Insha'Allah you will never cary zamb like this, go back to your self and ask Allah for forgiveness, we will ask Allah to forgive you too. If you understand what prophet Muhamad pbuh said: Koulou bidah dalala and what you agree about is bidah. And koulou bidah dalalah wa koul dalalah fin nar! Try to understand it for yourself while you are alive. May Allah forgive you! Don't play with our Holy Book the Quran!

Madaleine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic