IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - South Africa's Rape Crises  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South Africa's Rape Crises

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Perhaps the slaves were illitrate because they were deprived of proper education, sometimes when ones native land is ruled by others they forget who they are,and what they stood for.when people are treated like animals sometimes they act like it.

Akhe we are not discussing slaves are we? That was Americas art to enslave and in all form and fashion! World runs on slavery in one way or the other! Just don't fool yourself thinking otherwise... there is  no absolute freedom anywhere in this life...It is all relative...world is still in apartheid and segregation only in different fashion! it is like kaleidoscope of illusions... only the pattern changes not the total content... the slave master knows how to set the games then if you learn their game well you do the same thing this life is an illusion ...and everything is left behind ...this dirt bag forgets that he xxits too...excuse me for saying that...
The nation will rise and fall into bondage and that is the way it was and that  is how it will be! Just the African people were the first to rise then fall into bondage! Remember the Pharaohs were African dynasty... they were so great that it got to their heads they wanted to be worshiped as gods then you know what happened? The *****hit the fan and God didn't appreciate that so He did them in and from then on the  Africa has been on the xxit list ... Here the stages for the nations to go through...
The first stage moves from bondage to spiritual faith. The second from spiritual faith to great courage. The third stage moves from great courage to liberty. The fourth stage moves from liberty to abundance. The fifth stage moves from abundance to selfishness. The sixth stage moves from selfishness to complacency. The seventh stage moves from complacency to apathy. The eighth stage moves from apathy to moral decay. The ninth stage moves from moral decay to dependence. And the tenth and last stage moves from dependence to bondage.

IMHO the South Africans have by passed the first four stages cuz they tied their wagon with America cuz that the stage America's was in at the time 'selfishness'
Didn't you notice what has happened in US in this time frame...they literally stole all the money form the banks of the world through a scam and the govt is still broke and borrowing to kill other people while there is hunger, poverty and homelessness here...

BTW Nelson Mandela wanted education and he did get it alright in the same system place?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 24 June 2009 at 1:46am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Perhaps the slaves were illitrate because they were deprived of proper education, sometimes when ones native land is ruled by others they forget who they are,and what they stood for.when people are treated like animals sometimes they act like it.
Akhe we are not discussing slaves are we? That was Americas art to enslave and in all form and fashion! World runs on slavery in one way or the other!
We are, only because you used the word slave to discribe Africans and how they didnt deserve independence so fast.Americas art to enslave,Wrong!Dont look at the Country look at the people, and who were the first so called Americans to own slaves Im almost possitive they were European.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 24 June 2009 at 6:41am
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 12:51pm

Slavery existed long before the U.S. did. There have been slaves for as long as there has been recorded history, and the slaves came in all ethnicities and nationalities.  The entire Middle Eastern region was steeped in slavery from before the time of Ibrahim. If I remember my timeline correctly the U.S. was "discovered" many thousands of years later by those who would introduce slavery.

If the South African rapists rape because they are savage, illiterate, ex-slaves, then why do other men rape? Just curious. Because according to stats:

"Sexual Violence: According to the World Health Organization, between 12 percent and 25 percent of women around the world have experienced sexual violence at some time in their lives.  In the United States, data compiled by the National Victim Center in 1995 indicate that over 700,000 women are raped or sexually assaulted annually. The laws of many countries around the world, such as India, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, have explicit exemptions for marital rape.  Additionally, laws in countries such as Uruguay and Ethiopia allow rapists to escape punishment if they marry their victims. Further, armed conflict situations and civil wars in approximately 100 countries around the world have seen the increasing use of rape as a weapon of warfare."

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 5:53pm
No matter what your station in life, slave, uneducated or otherwise if you are of good character you will not rape.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 6:31pm
And slavery is not over.. there are over 27million people enslaved in the world. For more info

http://www.freetheslaves.net/Page.aspx?pid=183
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

No matter what your station in life, slave, uneducated or otherwise if you are of good character you will not rape.

A man of good character is already above the so called educated and free and is master his own fate! You have no control over the heredity, place and time of your birth but you do have control over your character! And that will  decide your destiny i.e., hell or paradise... The rape is equivalent to  dishonor and a society that harbors rapist has no honor is a cancer on the body of humanity requiring excision...no less; past apartheid notwithstanding...Period.

POV for the Islamic society is unequivocal ...rape is considered a capital crime but South Africa being Xtian society is another matter may be cuz Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver.  He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.                     Wow

I hope these rapist don't have this in mind...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 24 June 2009 at 8:27pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

A man of good character is already above the so called educated and free and is master his own fate!
Salams,Sign*Reader.Is this Hadith or Biblical?Im a man of good character(Alhamduillah) and Im not a master of my own fate nor have I ever been tought that.No matter how good a man is he still has his struggles with shaytan.Do you really think that if you be good,that alone will determine weather you go the heaven or hell.One of my wives thinks that way too.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 8:11pm

Salams,Sign*Reader.Is this Hadith or Biblical?Im a man of good character(Alhamduillah) and Im not a master of my own fate nor have I ever been tought that.No matter how good a man is he still has his struggles with shaytan.Do you really think that if you be good,that alone will determine weather you go the heaven or hell.One of my wives thinks that way too.

Walaikumussalaam...I was responding to a Xtian's comments and the thread is also about the Christian inhabiting S Africa...
A man of good character from the Islamic perspective is aka Momin whose will is God's will and vice versa as Dr. Muhummad Iqbal says in his famous poem the Rise(Renaissance) of Islam... that is what I had in my mind when I wrote...Iqbal was the doctor who diagnosed the disease of Muslims' decline and fall into bondage of its enemies... he wrote the Rx for Muslims through  his poetry cuz the Brits were looking over shoulders and he gave his message that was like a nectar of Quran and Sunnah...he had a clear world view of his time and times to come ...
But my comments were in general...a good is not good until tested, only then a Muslim is Momin with unshakable faith and progresses upward to another level with each test...

Let me give you a literal translation of Iqbal's reading on it, that orignally is in Urdu language:
"The Momin who is ground in faith takes an angelic flight likes of Gabriel...
Neither  swords work nor plans while in bondage but the chains break with n the spark of faith;
Who can imagine his strength but the vision of the Momin alters the fates!"
This is a long poem ...
It is great that you are a man of character and allah has to test you in time with some tribulation and then you will know if you are master of your fate or not...
I can only mention to you a role model besides the Prophet(sa) that is Caliph Umar even Shaytan was afraid of him...

Allah has taught you how ward off Shaytan, you do that in salaat,you do that before reading of Quran and when you are Allah conscious ...
Unless you don't have the complete understanding what you do need a shiekh to guide you... It is not an easy environment Bro

Of course just being good in general terms would not get you to paradise bit it sure help but with Allah's grace and that is a gift for the Momins...

BTW how many wives are we talking about?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 25 June 2009 at 8:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic