IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I am not supporting the murder of this murderer Tiller.  Unlike muslims, christians have no licence to kill for any reason!

Unless it is on the scales of genocide or Inquisition or Crusade based on lies and deceptions e.g., WMDs or colonial land grabs cuz these are great and noble causes blessed with holy water made by child molesting priesthoodLOL 
Btw may be the murders committed in the Christian dominated lands that lead the world are for practice and fun only... you might like to knowWink
So much debate for uno death while the US Christians operated drones are killing Pakiland families for fun of it on daily basis and no mention is being made anywhere about it cuz the Christian Zionist control over media can cover it up...

Not good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill

A tree is known by it's fruit!
The time to fool is gone...
Under what logic can you even talk about the command when you know your religion is a lawless religion... commands are part of a faith that has rules and commandments! Christianity is a man(Paul) made religion against the world of rules! When you and Jews will find agreement about what you then we will consider discussing this issue further...
2:113 (Y. Ali) The Jews say: "The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: "The Jews have naught (To stand) upon." Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but Allah will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.

Finally the Jews got the control of Christian world after suffering all the atrocities at the Christians hands through their financial strategy...Now suddenly the Ten Commandments are legal at city halls when they were challenges by the atheists...What gives? And don't tell me that the so Christians can really hold them sacred much less the Jews!

What foolishness!  The commandments of Christianity are clear - they are found throughout the New Testament, many of them in Paul's epistles.  And yes, God commands everybody to obey them.  But.......the difference between this and your own system is that it is not a code of criminal or civil law, in other words, we do not presume to make people adhere to things they do not believe in, indeed, we cannot, since there is no, nor can there be, any christian state.

By the way, perhaps you can help me out.  Can you give me the name of one Jew who believes that the Mosaic covenant was for anyone other that the nation of Israel?  Maybe you can find one.  But I have not found one.

"Finally the Jews got the control of Christian world after suffering all the atrocities at the Christians hands through their financial strategy...Now suddenly the Ten Commandments are legal at city halls when they were challenges by the atheists...What gives? And don't tell me that the so Christians can really hold them sacred much less the Jews!"

What is this?  Are you trying to make out there is a command to kill in the Ten Commandments?
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

"Not good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill"

Show me the command for Christians not to kill.

1 Peter 4:15 - Let none of you suffer as a murderer....

1 John 3:15 - no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him....

Romans 12:14 - bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not

Romans 12:17 - recompense no man evil for evil

Romans 12:19 - dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves........vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord

Consider also the Holy Teaching of our Glorious Lord personally delivered when he was on earth -------

Matthew 5:44 - but I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

John 18:36 - Jesus answered, my kingdom is not of this world:  if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:  but now is my kingdom not from hence
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:16am
They are not saying do not kill... murder and killing are not exclusive in of the other. You can kill someone and NOT be a murderer.

It is saying things about
murder, vengence, enemies, do not hate those that persecute.

Nowhere does it say you should not kill in self-defense..

And most reasonable people believe in the right to kill in certain instances. 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:53am

Most of the Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

Most of the "Christian" Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

Most of the Christian Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

See the difference?Ermm

Yes I believe I do. In the first statement the question of religion does not occur at all. By inserting a religious affiliation, in quotation marks or not, you are inferring that the religion mentioned is somehow associated with the actions of the perpetrators.

"Christian" Republican: you may be inferring doubt as to their religious affiliation, but you have still brought up their religion, therefore inferring guilt by association.

No, you are doing the inferring.  The name of the country is The Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and the fact that, according to reports at least, that noone has even been arrested for this atrocity, that the sign is still in place, would indicate that the speech marks I inserted were most appropriate.

Unless of course we can establish a direct link between Islam and the evil committed

You are correct. I am inferring that since you went to the trouble of posting "Islamic" Republic of Pakistan, something that the original article did not do, that you purposely brought "Islamic" into the discussion. As for your reasoning, I can only conclude based your posting history, that you want to associate Islam with this act.

A direct link is not possible since Islam does not condone such behavior. But why would a direct link be necessary when inferrence, false association, and misinformation will do the trick?

Sorry, but I will not remove the speech marks unless you can provide a direct link between Islam and the evil perpetrated
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 10:04am
"Nowhere does it say you should not kill in self-defense.."

Yes it does.  The context of John 18:36 is self-defence.

"And most reasonable people believe in the right to kill in certain instances." 
Well, we are not interested in being reasonable.  We are interested in obeying God.  That is our reason.  If you don't like it, tough.  Btw, could you outline to me all the instances where it is "right to kill" in Islam (with full references to Islamic core texts, of course)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 3:30pm

"Not good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill"

Show me the command for Christians not to kill.

1 Peter 4:15 - Let none of you suffer as a murderer....

1 John 3:15 - no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him....

Romans 12:14 - bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not

Romans 12:17 - recompense no man evil for evil

Romans 12:19 - dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves........vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord

Consider also the Holy Teaching of our Glorious Lord personally delivered when he was on earth -------

Matthew 5:44 - but I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

John 18:36 - Jesus answered, my kingdom is not of this world:  if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:  but now is my kingdom not from hence

Even if any of these directly stated 'do not kill' I don't see where any of it has to do with Christianity.  Jesus and his disciples were preaching/teaching to the Jews.

Jesus did say to follow the old laws, the Mosaic laws, and to do as Moses. Jewish laws for Jewish followers.

The only one who might be giving Christians commands would be Paul. The Prophet Paul?

Where does God or Jesus command Christians not to kill?

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 9:12pm
[QUOTENot good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill[/QUOTE]

"Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Hi, I found the above from a website. I don't know if it's an actual qoute from the bible or not.

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 4:35am
[QUOTE=ZEA J][QUOTENot good enough.  Show me the command for christians to kill[/QUOTE]

"Deuteronomy 17
17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Hi, I found the above from a website. I don't know if it's an actual qoute from the bible or not.

[/QUOTE]

That's from the Old Testament, where there are more commands to kill than you can imagine, but the Christians will say that the Old Testament doesn't count anymore. They will say that Jesus brougyt a new covenant, even though Jesus himself said the opposite, and the old Mosaic Laws are no longer valid, even though Jesus himself followed them and commanded his followers to do the same.

When Christians say the Bible what they REALLY mean is the New Testament.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic