IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 4:33pm
"Once again, you've completely missed the point.  I have not, so far, been "condemning any other religion", as you claim, in this thread.  Did I say Islam was to blame for the tea-shop atrocity?  Why do you think I put speech marks round the word Islamic when referring to Pakistan?  Believe me, if I find any scrap of evidence in Islam which supports the actions of these murderers, I will let you know about it."

"This atrocity is sadly so typical of the "Islamic" Republic of Pakistan, a country, incidentally, where all signs are of very limited value, as so few people can read....."

Actually Doo-bop, if you were not wanting to infer that Islam was somehow involved in this matter you would not have inserted "Islamic" in quotation marks or otherwise.

Most of the Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

Most of the "Christian" Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

The United States is blood guilty for those who have died in Iraq.

The "Christian" United States is blood guilty for those who have died in Iraq.

Many bigoted Americans don't want same sex marriage legalised.

Many bigoted "Christian" Americans don't want same sex mariage legalised.

See the difference?

I don't think I missed the point at all, and neither has anyone else reading this thread.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 2:02am

Most of the "Christian" Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

Most of the Christian Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

See the difference?Ermm
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 2:33am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Of course the sign is tasteless, but it is a freedom of speech issue.

Is this preacher telling people to go out and kill others that do not believe that jesus die for them?  If he did he would be removed from his position.

Your quran, islam and clerics condone and preach killing of non-muslims.

Jesus does not.  The Gospel does not.

That is the separation of the 2 religions. 

How can anyone follow a religion that condones judging and killing someone when you yourself are as sinful as the next?
I think the big question here is how can anyone worship a god who killed his only son to 'save' mankind?
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 12:30pm
Once again, Believer interjects himself with two absurd statements and then disappears!  Get a life. 

How can anyone follow a religion that condones judging and killing someone when you yourself are as sinful as the next?

Perhaps because they know that your caricature is incorrect and based on your own flawed and biased Christian opinion.  Better questions to ask are:

How can anyone believe that Jesus loves everyone, when it was he who ordered Moses, Joshua and Saul to utterly annihilate several nations, not sparing any living thing? 

How can anyone believe that Jesus loves everyone when on the Day of Judgment, he will throw all who rejected him into Hell?  What happened to the love? 

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Most of the Christian Republican politicians in the United States are hypocrites.

See the difference?Ermm

Yes I believe I do. In the first statement the question of religion does not occur at all. By inserting a religious affiliation, in quotation marks or not, you are inferring that the religion mentioned is somehow associated with the actions of the perpetrators.

"Christian" Republican: you may be inferring doubt as to their religious affiliation, but you have still brought up their religion, therefore inferring guilt by association.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 2:14am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Islam offends me!!� Denying the gift/sacrifice of GOD.

You should be offended by Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism etc etc BEFORE you even think of being offended by Islam. Because the above mentioned religions don't even believe in Jesus period. They don't even consider him a Prophet - let alone 'God's son' nauzubillah. Judaism throws Mary and Jesus in a bad light!

If anything, you should be appreciative of Islam, for being the ONLY religion outside of Christianity who actually BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, as a Prophet of God, and that Muslims are religiously bound to respect, love and honour him. . . Unfortunately, many Christians seem to forget this fact now and then. We just dont take it to a cult/fanatic status by calling him Divine or God's offspring worthy of worship. Too bad if that 'offends' you . . . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

See the difference?Ermm

Yes I believe I do. In the first statement the question of religion does not occur at all. By inserting a religious affiliation, in quotation marks or not, you are inferring that the religion mentioned is somehow associated with the actions of the perpetrators.

"Christian" Republican: you may be inferring doubt as to their religious affiliation, but you have still brought up their religion, therefore inferring guilt by association.

No, you are doing the inferring.  The name of the country is The Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and the fact that, according to reports at least, that noone has even been arrested for this atrocity, that the sign is still in place, would indicate that the speech marks I inserted were most appropriate.

Unless of course we can establish a direct link between Islam and the evil committed
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by believer

"Islam offends me!!  Denying the gift/sacrifice of GOD."

I believe Chrysalis put this lightly. For me, as an observer its interesting that you having been here longer than I is offended by Islam, yet you continue to be here. Why? Why stay at a website continually being offended yet stay here? To me in your many posts you are devoid of logic and reasoning and I believe you are here to argue not continue the message of Christianity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic