IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 9:19am
Oh, I get the point. I'm a Muslim, I've been told "we don't want you here, go back where you came from" which in my case happens to be Kentucky.

The United States, setting the moral standard? Showing those inferior "evil" people how it should be done?

Signs in the United States....

"Baptist preacher defends church's anti-Islam sign

By JEFF BRUMLEY
The Times-Union,

The sign may be controversial, but the Rev. Gene A. Youngblood said it is researched and speaks the truth.

"Islam is evil and believes in murder," reads the sign at the entrance of First Conservative Baptist Church and the Conservative Theological Seminary on St. Augustine Road in Jacksonville. "Jesus teaches peace."

Church's Sign Against Islam Sparks Controversy

Good%20News%20Independent%20Baptist%20Church%20sign%202

Posted: May 11, 2007

Spring Hope, N.C. � Words like "bomb" and "die" draw attention to the small sign in front of Good News Independent Baptist Church.

Rev. Gary Murrell put up the sign, which on one side claims the message of Islam is "submit, convert or die."

The other side reads: "When is the last time you heard of a Jew or Christian with a bomb strapped to their body?"

Pastor defends anti-Islam message on church sign

by:

AVON, Ind. � The Rev. Marc Monte defended his decision to place his Sept. 7 sermon topic, "Islam: America�s Number One Enemy," on his church sign, saying he meant to provide needed information, not a message of hate.The Indianapolis Star reported that Monte, pastor of Faith Baptist Church, said the message contained information the public does not get from the media and many religious leaders.

"I want to stir up interest, not alarm, but Islam is a false religion, dangerous and hate-promoting," said Monte.

"If I were a pastor who read KKK literature or Hitler�s �Mein Kampf,� I would hope the members of my church would head to other churches. It is awful stuff. I repudiate it, and I put Islam in the same camp."

FOREST CITY � A sign in front of a Baptist church on one of the most traveled highways in the county stirred controversy over religious tolerance and first-amendment rights this weekend.

A sign in front of Danieltown Baptist Church, located at 2361 U.S. 221 south reads �The Koran needs to be flushed,� and the Rev. Creighton Lovelace, pastor of the church, is not apologizing for the display.

�I believe that it is a statement supporting the word of God and that it (the Bible) is above all and that any other religious book that does not teach Christ as savior and lord as the 66 books of the Bible teaches it, is wrong,� said Lovelace. �I knew that whenever we decided to put that sign up that there would be people who wouldn�t agree with it, and there would be some that would, and so we just have to stand up for what�s right.�

Church sign about Islam offends Muslims

By Michelle Malkin  �  May 12, 2007 11:20 AM

Several North Carolina readers send word of this WRAL report about a church in Spring Hope that is rankling local Muslims. The church�s sign is causing controversy:

church002.jpg

Well, as Robert Spencer has noted, Muhammad did in fact command Muslims to subjugate, convert, or kill non-Muslims (see, e.g., Sahih Muslim 4294). And salvation in Jesus Christ is certainly not the message of Islam."

Mandarin church sign upsets Muslims

By Steve Patterson
Times-Union staff writer,

A Mandarin church has alarmed Muslims by posting a roadside message that said Islam's founder endorsed murder in the Quran.

The Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations yesterday asked members of the clergy to speak against the message at the First Conservative Baptist Church, 12021 St. Augustine Road.

A sign there reads: "Jesus Forbade Murder Matthew 26-52 Muhammad Approved Murder Surah 8-65." A surah is a chapter in the Quran, Islam's scripture, which Muslims believe to be God's word in Arabic.

Is the Maranatha Chapel of Harlan, IN violating the tax code because they are certainly liars

By Skeptigator October 28, 2008  

So many "evil" signs put up by so many good Christians accross the good old United States.....

There are still high schools in this country that have separate proms, one for the white kids and one for the black kids. A throw back to 30 years ago and the "Whites Only" signs.

"About now, high-school seniors everywhere slip into a glorious sort of limbo. Waiting out the final weeks of the school year, they begin rightfully to revel in the shared thrill of moving on. It is no different in south-central Georgia�s Montgomery County, made up of a few small towns set between fields of wire grass and sweet onion. The music is turned up. Homework languishes. The future looms large. But for the 54 students in the class of 2009 at Montgomery County High School, so, too, does the past. On May 1 � a balmy Friday evening � the white students held their senior prom. And the following night � a balmy Saturday � the black students had theirs.

Racially segregated proms have been held in Montgomery County � where about two-thirds of the population is white � almost every year since its schools were integrated in 1971. Such proms are, by many accounts, longstanding traditions in towns across the rural South, though in recent years a number of communities have successfully pushed for change. When the actor Morgan Freeman offered to pay for last year�s first-of-its-kind integrated prom at Charleston High School in Mississippi, his home state, the idea was quickly embraced by students � and rejected by a group of white parents, who held a competing �private� prom. (The effort is the subject of a documentary, �Prom Night in Mississippi,� which will be shown on HBO in July.) The senior proms held by Montgomery County High School students � referred to by many students as �the black-folks prom� and �the white-folks prom� � are organized outside school through student committees with the help of parents. All students are welcome at the black prom, though generally few if any white students show up. The white prom, students say, remains governed by a largely unspoken set of rules about who may come. Black members of the student council say they have asked school administrators about holding a single school-sponsored prom, but that, along with efforts to collaborate with white prom planners, has failed. According to Timothy Wiggs, the outgoing student council president and one of 21 black students graduating this year, �We just never get anywhere with it.� Principal Luke Smith says the school has no plans to sponsor a prom, noting that when it did so in 1995, attendance was poor.

As for disparity in the way criminal cases are handled, let's see. Have you ever heard of Shantay Latrice Wheeler? Nikki McPhatter? Ali Gilmore?

Ali Gilmore: pregnant, missing since Febuary 3, 2006, African American

Shantay Latrice Wheeler: pregnant, missing April 2001, found 5 months later murdered, African American

Nikki McPhatter: missing May 4, 2009, found shot, stuffed into a car trunk and set on fire by her boyfriend in June, African American

No? But I'm sure you know who Laci Peterson and Natalee Holloway are.

Does the U.S. let perpetrators of crimes remain at large if they know where they are? Sure, it happens all of the time. Especially if you happen to be white and rich. In fact, my tax dollars are bailing out a bunch of criminal companies as I write this. Our ex-president and ex-vice-president are both guilty of war crimes and not only are they roaming about freely, they are being guarded on my dollar.

AS for the police responding to a crime scene instantly, well, that depends on where you live and who you are. Ask anyone who lives in a poor, racially mixed neighborhood.  An example: Dallas, TX:

"The murder rate in southern Dallas is twice as high as in the rest of the city. Assaults are nearly twice as likely in the south as in the north. Business or home burglaries are one and a half times higher in the south than in the north.

Police response times are slow citywide by national standards � and they're worst in the highest-crime areas. And the officers patrolling those neighborhoods are the department's least-experienced, The News' analysis found.

One harsh judgment: "We've abandoned the people and the neighborhoods."

Apparently we haven't come too far in our enlightenment as a people or a country. Perhaps we should work on changing ourselves before passing moral judgement on everyone else.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 4:39pm
But the "reverends" Youngblood, Murrell, Monte and Lovelace have a perfect right to give voice to their opposition to Islam.  Did their signs display a "death's head" directed at muslims?  Was any threat aimed at muslims?  In fact, one of the signs makes clear that "Jesus preaches peace".  Which does not, of course, mean that you can't say your piece.  Interesting that the "Council on American-Islamic Relations" is flexing its muscles on the issue, daring to tell christian preachers what to preach.  Perhaps they think that "peace" means you can't say your piece.  Especially if it's against Islam.

As for the sign at Maranatha chapel of Harlan, it does not say Obama is a muslim, but even if that is what they mean, there are plenty of muslims who think the same.  Let's say a presidential candidate actually was a muslim.  There would be nothing wrong, indeed everything right in my view, about opposing that person, given the political/legal ideology which Islam is, quite irrespective of which political party he belonged to.  I would not vote for him/her, but would oppose him/her, as it is my perfect right to do.  But once again, there was nothing threatening in the sign, even if it was wrong.

As for the situation in South Dallas, sadly it may be the same in all poor urban areas, racially mixed or not.

As for the "prom" situation, I'm really not sure what you expect the police to do about that....
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 8:44pm
I would assume that a merchant in Pakistan has just as much right to put up a sign of a religiously intolerant nature as the good Christians in this country do.

I see you totally ignored the signs that the good Christians rallying behind the murderer of Dr. Tiller were carrying. "God sent the killer".  A sort of "hitman" for Jesus, so to speak.

You know, you've got a lot of nerve condemning any other religion when members of your religion are some of the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth.
"Do as I preach, not as I do" is the mantra of Christianity at this time.  Jesus is peace but let's kill, murder and start wars.
Love your neighbor, unless they are black, poor or non-Christian. I guess the Christian concept of love and peace only go so far.
Abortion is murder but murdering abortion doctors or sending 18 year olds of to die for a lie is not.
Homosexuality is destroying the moral fiber of this country but I'll have homosexual sex on the side. And speaking of sex on the side, yet another conservative, right wing, Christian admits to an affair this week. Not only an affair, but using tax dollars to conduct the affair.  So, not only is he a liar and an adulterer, he's a thief stealing hard earned money from hard working Americans. Will he be prosecuted, I'm sure the authorities know his whereabouts. And just a week after another religious conservative right-winger admitted to an affair: John Ensign. I suppose apologising to "people of faith" as Sanford has done makes it okey dokey. Never mind that he voted to impeach Bill Clinton for his "affair". And here are Ensign's own words:

"The Nevada Republican once called on President Bill Clinton to resign, declaring "the truth must come out." In October 2007, he was sharply critical of former Sen. Larry Craig, of Idaho, calling the Republican's arrest in an airport bathroom sex sting "embarrassing for the Senate."

Does the word HYPOCRITE mean anything?

BTW: I don't expect the police to do anything about the prom. I would expect all of the Jesus loving white folks to do something about it. After all, they are the ones who insist that their children are too good to attend prom with children of color. I'm sure they feel quite comforted as they gaze into the blue-eyed, blond-haired pictures of Jesus that adorn their walls that they "doing unto others" like a good Christian should.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 26 June 2009 at 8:46pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

I would assume that a merchant in Pakistan has just as much right to put up a sign of a religiously intolerant nature as the good Christians in this country do.

I see you totally ignored the signs that the good Christians rallying behind the murderer of Dr. Tiller were carrying. "God sent the killer".  A sort of "hitman" for Jesus, so to speak.

You know, you've got a lot of nerve condemning any other religion when members of your religion are some of the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth.
"Do as I preach, not as I do" is the mantra of Christianity at this time.  Jesus is peace but let's kill, murder and start wars.
Love your neighbor, unless they are black, poor or non-Christian. I guess the Christian concept of love and peace only go so far.
Abortion is murder but murdering abortion doctors or sending 18 year olds of to die for a lie is not.
Homosexuality is destroying the moral fiber of this country but I'll have homosexual sex on the side. And speaking of sex on the side, yet another conservative, right wing, Christian admits to an affair this week. Not only an affair, but using tax dollars to conduct the affair.  So, not only is he a liar and an adulterer, he's a thief stealing hard earned money from hard working Americans. Will he be prosecuted, I'm sure the authorities know his whereabouts. And just a week after another religious conservative right-winger admitted to an affair: John Ensign. I suppose apologising to "people of faith" as Sanford has done makes it okey dokey. Never mind that he voted to impeach Bill Clinton for his "affair". And here are Ensign's own words:

"The Nevada Republican once called on President Bill Clinton to resign, declaring "the truth must come out." In October 2007, he was sharply critical of former Sen. Larry Craig, of Idaho, calling the Republican's arrest in an airport bathroom sex sting "embarrassing for the Senate."

Does the word HYPOCRITE mean anything?

BTW: I don't expect the police to do anything about the prom. I would expect all of the Jesus loving white folks to do something about it. After all, they are the ones who insist that their children are too good to attend prom with children of color. I'm sure they feel quite comforted as they gaze into the blue-eyed, blond-haired pictures of Jesus that adorn their walls that they "doing unto others" like a good Christian should.

Once again, you've completely missed the point.  I have not, so far, been "condemning any other religion", as you claim, in this thread.  Did I say Islam was to blame for the tea-shop atrocity?  Why do you think I put speech marks round the word Islamic when referring to Pakistan?  Believe me, if I find any scrap of evidence in Islam which supports the actions of these murderers, I will let you know about it.

Lashing out at christian hypocrites is very good, that's what should happen to them, but I did not see any church signs advocating "killing, murdering and starting wars", whereas the death's head on the tea-shop sign was clear, and they carried out their threat.

I am not supporting the murder of this murderer Tiller.  Unlike muslims, christians have no licence to kill for any reason
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 6:02am
Of course the sign is tasteless, but it is a freedom of speech issue.

Is this preacher telling people to go out and kill others that do not believe that jesus die for them?  If he did he would be removed from his position.

Your quran, islam and clerics condone and preach killing of non-muslims.

Jesus does not.  The Gospel does not.

That is the separation of the 2 religions. 

How can anyone follow a religion that condones judging and killing someone when you yourself are as sinful as the next?

Edited by believer - 27 June 2009 at 6:03am
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 6:05am
Islam offends me!!  Denying the gift/sacrifice of GOD.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 10:38am
"Your quran, islam and clerics condone and preach killing of non-muslims."

Believer,

Some clerics don't represent Islam and Qur'an. You must stop blaming Islam and Qur'an for the unislamic behaviour of some people. Please do remember that you have been warned before for spreading lies here.

Everyone,

Please comply with the guidelines.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker - 27 June 2009 at 10:39am
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 12:32pm
[QUOTE=believer] Islam offends me!!�                                                               

Not surprising the good offends you belier.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic