IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 1:30pm
This makes me think that the number of Muslims in the world is not as large as was thought.

There are way too many not practising!!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 1:50pm
I tend to think so too. Btw what about the christian count?
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

A correspondent from the ICC confirmed that he saw a warning posted outside the tea stall, which read: "All non-Muslims should introduce their faith prior to ordering tea. This tea stall serves Muslims only."��..

Ohh!! So, if he saw the warning, is it his fault? Is it a reason to kill someone?

And I repeat again, where is the problem of drinking tea in the same cup? I cannot understand it!!
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Come on Bro Saladin!!! Why do you talk of Christians? dont you know things like that only apply to us Muslims?

Wink
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

And I repeat again, where is the problem of drinking tea in the same cup? I cannot understand it!!

Already explained earlier.

'I cannot understand it'

Niether does anybody here. Perhaps one should ask the perpetrator, obviously ppl here dont feel the same way, so cannot help you understand a feeling they are not aware of - or condone.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Come on Bro Saladin!!! Why do you talk of Christians? dont you know things like that only apply to us Muslims?

Wink

If you want to talk about any Christian who killed a muslim for drinking tea in a Christian cup, I have no problem to conden it, be sure.

In the same way, as Catholic, I denounce the abuses to the children from some pastors, as well as other acts which are quite away from the real meaning of my religion as Jesus explained to us.

I just brought here this case because I was really shocked when I read it, but in any place I said that this is my idea of Islam, opposite.

Edited by Pati - 21 June 2009 at 3:45pm
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 5:21pm
Pati,

This is not a part of Islam. To ask us to explain why a person would bahave in such a way is like asking you to explain why the KKK lynched people or why so many people go on murderous shooting sprees.

Since it is not a part of our religion nor a part of our mentality regarding non-Muslims we can't possibly speak to his motives or reasoning.

Maybe it had nothing to do with drinking from the same cup. Who knows?

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:30pm
This type of behavior is more reminiscent of the Jahiliyah times, the times of ignorance before Islam.  Those people should be arrested and punished.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic