IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killing in Pakistan for drinking tea...
    Posted: 18 June 2009 at 1:46pm

Christian killed for drinking tea from Muslim stall

June 16, 2009

A Christian man was stoned to death in Pakistan for drinking tea from a roadside stall designated for Muslims.

According to International Christian Concern (ICC) the man, Ishtiaq Masih, had ordered tea at a stall in Machharkay village, Punjab, Pakistan, after his bus stopped to allow passengers to relieve themselves.

When Ishtiaq went to pay for his tea, the owner noticed that he was wearing a necklace with a cross and grabbed him, calling for his employees to bring anything available to beat him for violating a sign posted on the stall warning non-Muslims to declare their religion before being served.

Ishtiaq had not noticed the warning sign before ordering his tea, as he ordered with a group of his fellow passengers.

Witnesses claim the owner and 14 of his employees beat Ishtiaq with stones, iron rods and clubs, and stabbed him multiple times with kitchen knives as Ishtiaq pleaded for mercy.

The other bus passengers intervened and took Ishtiaq to the Rural Health Center in the village. Ishtiaq died as a result of spinal, head, and chest injuries. The doctor who took Ishtiaq's case told ICC that Ishtiaq had excessive internal and external bleeding, a fractured skull, and brain injuries.

A correspondent from the ICC confirmed that he saw a warning posted outside the tea stall, which read: "All non-Muslims should introduce their faith prior to ordering tea. This tea stall serves Muslims only."

I don't understand anything. What is the problem of drinking tea from the same cup? Which kind of insane fanatics are killing someone because he drank a tea?

Really, I feel so bad with this kind of stories...

God bless Ishtaiaq and receive him with opened arms. Amen
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 6:52pm
I don't understand anything. What is the problem of drinking tea from the same cup?

I got no idea :-S
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

I don't understand anything. What is the problem of drinking tea from the same cup?

I got no idea :-S

A christian man went into a coffee shop in Pakistan, and he didn't see a message where they were advising that before asking for something, the clients should declare their religion.

After he drunk the tea, the owner saw a necklace with a cross, and called all his workers to kill him.

I just want to know the opinion of you as muslim, because what I know about Islam (I have to say that not much), is that the life is the most valuable thing (in the same way it is for us as Christians). So... what do you think about a muslim who kills a Christian because he was drinking tea in a "muslim" cup? What do you think about this kind of happenings?

In my opinion, things like this are not common, I'm sure, people who instead of doing good things are just st**id and hurting other people "in the name of Allah" (sorry for this). But the answer of the reasonable muslim community most of the time is the silence.

It's the same with the Catholic pastors: a big group of them have been abusing, sure, but what about the others? The pastors who reject a confortable life here in Spain or other countries, and give their life to the poor people? We have the best example in Vicente Ferrer (Rest in Peace and God take care of him): he was a religious man, and his Congregation sent him to India, just to learn more about religion. After two years, they called him back, and he rejected to do. He stayed there until last thursday, when he dead, more than 40 years!! And he gave his life to the poor Indian people, helping them in everything.

I think that the muslim community should give answer to this kind of st**idities coming from radicals who didn't understand the Message from the Prophet. Those radicals are the face that most of the people are having from Islam, and it's not good for anyone.

Or maybe I am wrong and there is something really bad in drinking tea in the same cup... I don't know.

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 2:36am
As far as I know there is no prob with non-muslim drinking from a tea cup that will be used again by a muslim. Can kind of understand why some muslims dont like to serve non-muslims,especially in Pakistan.

But I think just some weirdo cafe owner who doesnt understand Islam very well.

Hope he hangs
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 3:33am
Oh boy oh boy. . .

So, what is this topic insinuating?

Anyway, here is the run-of-the-mill reponse:

The actions of this particular individual are not based on Islam. Personal bias perhaps. Just like 'christian' suppression of muslims in the USA or elsewhere are not 'sanctioned-by-religion' incidents.

When muslims can eat the meat slaughtered by non-muslims, food prepared by non-muslims, marry certain non-muslims - drinking tea at the same stall is thus also perfectly normal/allowed. Prophet Muhammad would accept dinner/lunch invitations by Jews and Christians. They would also eat food prepared by non-muslims.

"The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), as well as his companions, used to drink water and eat foods prepared by their relatives and fellow countrymen who were mostly pagans in the early times. They only abstained from foods that were considered as unlawful such as carrion, foods immolated to idols, intoxicants, et cetera. When the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) ventured out of Arabia, they never refrained from eating foods prepared by the locals."

"Made lawful for you this day are At-Tayyibat (all kinds of lawful foods, which Allah has made lawful. The food (slaughter cattle etc.) of the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the scripture (Jews & Christians) before your time."  5:5 - Qur'an

So thats the bit about Islam.

Regarding Pakistan . . . I have never seen signs posted on resturaunts asking people to declare thier religion - even in villages. Our house-help in Pakistan was a Christian lady, and she cooked for us. We also had Christian students and teachers at our school who ate at the same cafeteria.

You cannot even stop non-muslims from entering your Mosques etc. This is just a chai-stall. . . hope that helps.

Edited by Chrysalis - 21 June 2009 at 3:37am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:04am

Fair and unbiased reporting from �International Christian Concern (ICC)�

June 16, 2009

A Christian man was stoned to death in Pakistan for drinking tea from a roadside stall designated for Muslims.

According to International Christian Concern (ICC) the man, ��.

A correspondent from the ICC confirmed that he saw a warning posted outside the tea stall, which read: "All non-Muslims should introduce their faith prior to ordering tea. This tea stall serves Muslims only."��..

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 12:38pm
I think that the muslim community should give answer to this kind of st**idities coming from radicals who didn't understand the Message from the Prophet. Those radicals are the face that most of the people are having from Islam, and it's not good for anyone.

Well 1st not sure anyone cna answer for another person's actions.. like in any crime.. heck, can tell you stories as a woman that makes one's hair stand up on end.. I don't think men need to answer for that.

having been to Pakistan.. its one nutty person in a sea of millions...

i would also say things are more tense there. .then they used to be. The US govt foreign policy, Christian missionaries and other agenda people are making people suspicious of motives. The first two times I was there no one asked me my religion per say. The last time "are you  a Christian missionary came out."

Ehen there are outside forces destabilizing your country, well people are less trustworthy . Many Pakistanis have seen what happened to the Afghanis and Iraqis.. and they are npt st**id.

IF the man did have the sign.. its rather humerous as there are so few nonMuslims its quite a bit of a joke. 

Funnily the first time I went I was not a Muslim.. and it was around Christmas and people offered to get me a Christmas cake.. .lol (Not that I wanted it, nut they offered.)

And its like Women in the US who are spit on, harassed, assaulted for wearing hijab. The idiots who do this do not represent all nonMuslims.

Type-casting groups is fairly useless
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Funnily the first time I went I was not a Muslim.. and it was around Christmas and people offered to get me a Christmas cake.. .lol (Not that I wanted it, nut they offered.)

Hehehe. Thats funny Big%20smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic