IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dreams and Interpretations  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dreams and Interpretations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young-Muslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreams and Interpretations
    Posted: 14 June 2009 at 5:21pm
Assalamu Alaykum.
I just bought this book, Dreams and Interpretaions by: Allamah Muhammad Bin Sireen (R.A).  I was wondering, is it bad to go by a book like that to find out the meanings of dreams you have.  Is it against our religion to do that? will the affect that the dream will have on our life change because you read about it in a book like that.  Or is it ok to read it and find out the meanings of the dreams you have, afterall it is written by A honourable Immam and its for MUSLIMS.  Thank you, ma3sallama.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 11:53pm
Assalamu alaikum,

A dream is just a dream. Just ignore it, and move on. Use your energy and time to do something more usefull rather than thingking about dream.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 1:18am
Dream interpretation books are just a general guide, sometimes your dreams may not correspond to the meaning in the book/s. For me I have looked at some of them and have found for me personally unsatisfactory, except one which i have brought. I tend to know what my dreams are about and this is how I analysis dream interpretation books if they are pretty good or not.
A lot of dreams are just that, dreams. Some dreams do have meaning and its nice to look up or know what they mean. But the reason why dream books tend to fail at times is that dreams are personal and it's only you that know or can best match the meaning. If you happen to have re-occuring dreams then that is telling you something about your life, perhaps you need to change something in your life, or something you are afraid of, usually if your re-occuring dream stops then you probably have done something that you have fixed either unknowingly or knowingly. If in a dream you are running away from something or someone, the best question is what is it that in your waking life, you are avoiding? and this no dream book will tell you.

I have had a couple of dreams where I didn't know why I kept dreaming them because i seemed fine or settled in life but they have pretty much stop I think perhaps deep down I was unsettled or something and now I am so they don't happen anymore. Some times life fixes itself out. Then there are dreams that are pyschological, like if I have a hard lolly then that night I will dream of my teeth falling out, i know weird, but I tend not to have hard lollies so those dreams don't happen, this is what I call psychological dreams. Or so events throughout the day can reappear in your dreams, these I tend to just dismiss, just a dream.
I am quiet good at knowing what my dreams mean, and usually do not need a dream interpretation book. sometimes i will look up something out of cursiousity.   
A lot of times if one dreams of death of someone or birth/pregnancy that does not necessarily mean that literally. A death can mean an activity or a era in your life is ending. Or a birth can mean a beginning of something new, a new chapter in life, an activity  a new relationship. I just wanted to stress that out because people tend to think in literal terms about death and birth.

Anyway I hope this helps, there's nothing wrong in having a dream book on hand (islamically? can't remember) you just need to know that it may not be the meaning you are looking for - if you happen to know what your dreams are about -  and that dreams are personal. 

Edited by Angel - 15 June 2009 at 1:21am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Young-Muslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young-Muslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 1:04pm

Assalamu Alaykum, thank you very much angel.  What you said makes sense.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 4:42pm
Good point angel. Thumbs%20Up 

I think that the way to interpret a dream. Because in many cultures there are ridiculous dream interpretation such as if you dream you lose your teeth, your member or close relative will be die. If you dream stepping "poo" or something yucky, youl get a lot of money (rizq).

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic