IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Want to know about Halal Chicken.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want to know about Halal Chicken.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahmid11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to know about Halal Chicken.
    Posted: 14 June 2009 at 2:30pm

Assalamualaikum. I would like to know if is there any hadith or quranic command/advise/explanation about eating halal chicken(only bird category)? I am not telling about halal beef or goat etc. My question is very particular, if we can eat the regular chicken that is available in the non muslim super market(like wal mart or costco etc)? Lot of ppl says that there is no clear cut advise/command about bird or chicken that have to be halal(means to slaughter a bird 2 person have to be involved and say Allahu Akbar etc)?

Reason I am asking is I don't have any halal shop near 40 miles from my house. I neither own a car.

Then you go all the way to the halal shop and they often give you bad chicken that might be smelly or soft.

Then what is the gurantee that they cut it very halalway where 2 person is involved. So please someone help me to get it clear.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 12:20am
Yes, Chicken also needs to be slaughtered the zabihah way. It has blood, blood needs to flow out of a halal animal before it can be consumed.

Maybe you can use this company to have halal chicken delivered to you:

Or this one, to locate halal resturaunts:

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 3:06am

Don't eat anything. Do what I do. Live on fresh air and light ;-)

Front page headlines here again today. Too much red meat, particularly processed meat - sausage, bacon and ham dramatically increases the incidence of cancer.   Revenge of the pig.

I was just about to each some grilled bacon.  Gonna stick to a cabbage leaf.

It's not  funny.  They speak specifically of bowel cancer and there is a high incidence of that in our family.

As this thred is about forbidden foods, thought I'd mention this about red and processed meats.

Edited by Gulliver - 15 June 2009 at 3:07am
tahmid11 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahmid11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Yes, Chicken also needs to be slaughtered the zabihah way. It has blood, blood needs to flow out of a halal animal before it can be consumed.

Maybe you can use this company to have halal chicken delivered to you:

Or this one, to locate halal resturaunts:

Can you please send me some proof from the point of Quran/Hadith? I also know the same way you do. But I can't find anything that is appropriate for Bird category.

Myhalalmeat is very expensive shop.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 4:45pm

Salam,

You can go to this site, and find the local store that close to you. Some big chain such as Albertson carry this product.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 6:52pm
Scholars differ on this issue.  Do you have someone you trust - a scholar to take his opinion?
tahmid11 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahmid11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:45pm
I don't have.........
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2009 at 9:19pm
There is no difference of opinion among scholars.  This is a very simple issue.  As Chrysalis said, any animal which has blood and is halal to eat must be slaughtered in the Islamic way, which means that the blood has to be drained and the name of Allah must be mentioned.  This goes for chicken, beef etc.  There are many supermarkets that carry Islamic-brand foods, at least where I live.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic