IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Girls vs Grown Women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Girls vs Grown Women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:04pm
Thank you Chrysalis.  You put it into words very well. 

I have not been a Muslim long enough to really look into the whole marriage thing for myself.  I am still trying educate the new muslim I am.  I only have experience with women before coming to Islam.  I am only sharing what is true for me.  I being new would want someone who is strong in faith to help strengthen me in my Islam, then attraction next.

"A woman is chosen for marriage for four reasons: her wealth, social status, beauty and religion.  So marry the religious woman, may your hands be filled with sand (a statement of encouragement.)
Fath Al-Bari 9:35, Muslim 2:1087

I can only strive to do the best of things when it is my time to marry.

Duane

JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:05pm
@ abuayisha : That would be enough... without looking at actions.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:21pm
To marry such would be an honor. Allah knows best.... I think it symbolizes her personality as religious and modest.

JihadX... until you find out that she wear the niqab to hide her identity to see her boyfriend.. I know women in Pakistan who have done this..

Its the same as 'beauty' its the outer cover.. and that can be a mirage..

So be careful that what something is symbol represents the inside..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:27am
Yes Hayfa - there are horrendous stories about how some Muslims behave and use religion as a shield - hypocritical attitudes. Have seen some firsthand myself. It can actually be very demoralising, and disappointing - even for existing muslims, let alone new ones.

However, better not mention them in front of our new muslim brothers & sisters, since thier perception of muslims and islam is still fairly new. Such people exist everywhere. I do not wish to spoil the strong imaan they feel about the ummah and islam. If you know what I mean. You are a revert yourself, perhaps you understand. For if they hear negative things said about other muslims, they may unconsciously be effected - for e.g looking at a Niqabi Muslimah and wonder about her intentions, or meet a bearded brother, and suspect them -because of the things they heard. Etc. Hope u know what I mean.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 9:59am
Well its all viral now, can depress the pious to coma. And even sickening some exploit these to further abuse the Muslim identity in many ways.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic