IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Girls vs Grown Women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Girls vs Grown Women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 2:04pm
The Prophet (saw) said: �A man is on the deen of his friend, watch out who your friends are.� Tirmidhi 2378, Abu Dawood 4833

Examine her family and friends, as this may give a good indication of values and belief.  Keeping in mind that most men desire an attractive wife, emphasis should be placed on her religious practice and not only family status, beauty and wealth.  You will never like everything about your wife, but look to the good aspects in her and overlook those faults which you dislike.  Generally people lie for fear of reprisal, so be kind and gentle; hopefully she then will not have to worry about her being deceitful.  I do not necessary see aggressiveness as a poor quality as long as harshness does not accompany this attribute. 

Like Pati mentioned indeed the opposite can be said of men, and frankly I'm surprise to hear of these complaints coming from a man about women.  It is most often, sadly,  the reverse.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Ali77 Ali77 wrote:

How are you I want to ask you about how I can choose
my wife?.
As Salamu Alaikum,Ali.Prophet Muhammed(SAW)says that you can marry for wealth and or beauty.If a women trully fears Allah she is right for you.If she is on top of her deen she is right for you.I have heard that the women will at times choose you,they are the ones who mature faster and sometimes have limited time to pro-create according to there biological clock(Allah Knows Best)in the end.May Allah Bless you.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Originally posted by Ali77 Ali77 wrote:

How are you I want to ask you about how I can choose
my wife?.
As Salamu Alaikum,Ali.Prophet Muhammed(SAW)says that you can marry for wealth and or beauty.If a women trully fears Allah she is right for you.If she is a pious women she is right for you.I have heard that the women will at times choose you,they are the ones who mature faster and sometimes have limited time to pro-create according to there biological clock.I have heard that some sisters inquire that they wish to get married threw an Imam and he introduces her to a good brother.(Allah Knows Best)in the end.May Allah Bless you.
Duane View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:40am
As Salamu Alaikum,Ali.

I have to agree with the majority of advice you are getting from the brothers.  I would like to add that I have married in the past for beauty.  This was before I came to Islam.  None of these marriages worked out.  Beauty is a transient thing and is one of the ways we are misguided in this world. 

Duane
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Duane Duane wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum,Ali.I have to agree with the majority of advice you are getting from the brothers.� I would like to add that I have married in the past for beauty.� This was before I came to Islam.� None of these marriages worked out.� Beauty is a transient thing and is one of the ways we are misguided in this world.� Duane
Wa Alaikum As Salam Duane.The Beauty you are talking about is outer,say you are inquiring on marring a sister who dawns a full niqab, and she is pious and wont show you her face,how would one still think that she is beautiful,you get it.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:58am
I think even Niqabi sisters can remove the face veil - so that both prospective partners can look at each other. Both have a right to know what the other looks like. Unless it is a very pious brother who does not mind. Which I believe are 1% of today's muslim ummah. . .   Looking at our spouse before marriage is sunnah - sunnah is an 'encouraged act', following sunnah is sawab. One should not try to exceed beyond sunnah in thier actions (Bukhari hadith narrated by Aisha (r.a) about the 3 men who went beyond sunnah)
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:01pm
Aha nice conversation going on here... I think the most admirable woman would be the muslimah wearing niqab. To marry such would be an honor. Allah knows best....
I think it symbolizes her personality as religious and modest. To me, this is more important than looks of her face.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:41pm
"I think it symbolizes her personality as religious and modest."

Or could simply be form over substance.  Look closer at actions to make a more accurate determination.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic