IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - hi,again  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hi,again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yassmeen25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi,again
    Posted: 01 June 2009 at 6:43pm
slalm every body,i want to ask my sister doesnot pray, i advised her several times but she told me that is between god and her. she never do any prayer. and iam fed up from advicig her to pray every day.what should i do?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 6:21pm
As Salamu Alaikum,

We don't have a specific formula, unfortunately. But why don't you try these --

1. Leave books / pamphlets/ or print out of articles pertaining to salah and its importance, punishment for those who do not offer salah -- over most general places at home, where she would sit/relax. See that you don't be in that area, when she's reading.

2. It may happen that she may not listen you or value you much, [It happens that they become more stubborn, when we keep reminding them} , so stop reminding her for few days. But see that you are very good to her.

3. Why don't you try out thru her freind, who's religious, and may be her words and discussions with her affect her

4. If you know any friend of hers, start praising her. Don't compare them while you speak. This would be a blunder. Just appreciate that friend/cousin for being regular to salah and God-fearing. Insha Allah, it may work.

5. If you are a working muslimah, you can seek help of your sister, to get some material, either from net {Islamic sites} or from book stores, about salah and its importance, for your non-muslim friend of your office. Work with hikmah here.

6. Problems are part of human life. Moroever a believer is tested many times. Whenever you see your sister in trouble, or depressed with any of her problems, take this as a right oppurtunity to strike. You can softly ask her to seek help from Allah swt thru salah and duas. Explain her how it helps. Insha Allah, this shall bring her closer to Allah swt.

Before practicing any of these, never forget to seek help from Allah swt to give hidayah to her, thru any of these.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 1:27am

Also, if you have done all you can . . . that is enough.

Your job is to give the Message, not bring about the action. Even Prophet Muhammad was reminded in the Qur'an, when he would get worried about his people, that his job was just to spread the Message. I cannot remember the surah or ayat, sorry.

Sometimes nagging can also have adverse effects. Best way is to set a good example yourself.

Other than that, you can also make dua for her. Pray for her hidayat and strength of Imaan. Make sure your behaviour is that of a good muslim - work on your own Imaan and deeds. Inshallah it will have a positive effect on her. A good muslim is like perfume - those who leave his/her presence leave smelling good... i.e. a good muslim will always have a positive effect on others around him/her, without having to even say a word.

And dont get fed up sis - patience and Sabr makes a muslim's character beautiful.

Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic