IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zardari Says: I need Trillions not Billions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zardari Says: I need Trillions not Billions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zardari Says: I need Trillions not Billions
    Posted: 25 June 2009 at 8:01am
yeah, perhaps he should use some of the money he made when they were calling him "Mr 10%"  Ermm
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
wasi siddiqui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasi siddiqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 2:45pm
LONDON: President Asif Ali Zardari Sunday dismissed the world�s perception that he left the country in a difficult of trial.

In an interview with a British daily, the President said: �I travel so much and meet world leaders so much because whatever I need to do on the ground can be done more efficiently when I am helped. If I hadn�t travelled, I wouldn�t be going back with nearly $1 billion (�660m) of aid. I am grateful but I need more, much more.�

He said terrorism is not just Pakistan�s problem but it is �world�s problem�.

�It�s no good everyone being in denial. If we don�t defeat the militants, where will they go next?� he questioned.

�If they hadn�t taken her (Ms Benazir Bhutto) away so rudely from me, I wouldn�t have come back to fight as I have, and I don�t think her son would have taken up this responsibility.�

To a question regarding his children, President Zardari said: �I think they�re brave children, they have brave genes. She�s made them grow up realising life is not just about yourself but to live for a larger cause.�

To another question about Swat peace deal he said: �I didn�t hand over anything, you won�t catch me handing anything over. The provincial government had already signed the agreement and I just passed it to parliament, and they signed it.�

He said it was a good thing, because it exposed Sufi Muhammad for what he was.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic