IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 19ers?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19ers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tony View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

In several recent discussions we have been talking about various proofs that God exists or that the Quran or other scriptures are authentic.  I am surprised that no one so far has mentioned the so-called "Miracle of 19" that is supposedly encoded into the text of the Quran.  I have heard promoters of the alleged miracle called "19ers".  I don't know how prevalent that term is, but it is an apt name for them.

I know very little about the claim, and not speaking Arabic I am not really able to evaluate it.  If true, it would seem to me very strong evidence of the existence of God and the authenticity of the Quran.  I'm sure that most Muslims here know about it though, and the fact that it hasn't come up in our conversations suggests to me that most people reject it.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, have a look at one of these two Web sites:

What is the opinion of most Muslims about this?  Has anyone actually sat down with an Arabic copy of the Quran and tried to verify the many mathematical claims being made?

Hi,

I want to thank you very much for posting this topic.
I am new on this forum and your post led me write this comment. I have been interested in Islam for quite some time and I visited your links. If this is true, then I don't see what would prevent anyone who is sincere to become a Muslim. The first website provides a link to calculate "gematrical values" (http://www.islamrevolution.org/361mainarticle.htm, right before part 4.3.4) so apparently one does not need to be an Arabic speaker to verify some of the claims.
I believe we have to be very cautious and no one should take the information you provided for granted without verifying. If it happens to be true, then it would be absolutely incredible, to say the least.
It seems to me that the websites reject a traditional approach of Islam based on hadiths and follow Quran alone. I believe this would be a better
definition of who those people are.

Thanks again for sharing the info.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 10:01am

In several recent discussions we have been talking about various proofs that God exists or that the Quran or other scriptures are authentic.  I am surprised that no one so far has mentioned the so-called "Miracle of 19" that is supposedly encoded into the text of the Quran.  I have heard promoters of the alleged miracle called "19ers".  I don't know how prevalent that term is, but it is an apt name for them.

I know very little about the claim, and not speaking Arabic I am not really able to evaluate it.  If true, it would seem to me very strong evidence of the existence of God and the authenticity of the Quran.  I'm sure that most Muslims here know about it though, and the fact that it hasn't come up in our conversations suggests to me that most people reject it.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, have a look at one of these two Web sites:

What is the opinion of most Muslims about this?  Has anyone actually sat down with an Arabic copy of the Quran and tried to verify the many mathematical claims being made?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic