IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus is not All-Powerful and Not All-Kno  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJesus is not All-Powerful and Not All-Kno

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus is not All-Powerful and Not All-Kno
    Posted: 13 March 2012 at 8:45am
The Quran is written by Man. It cannot be perfect. If Man says it is the word of God, how does Man prove this?

My dear friend the statement that you make on the Quran, is false. That the Quran is written by Man.Here is the proof not by man but by the Almighty.

Quran. Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy (Q.4:82)
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 10:10pm
Anglicangal you have a wonderful spirit of love and peace.  We need more of this.  I cannot believe either that Christians must convert to Islam to be saved.  I don't think God intended this at all.  Man wrote this thinking it came from God.  Nothing by Man is perfect.  The Quran is written by Man.  It cannot be perfect.  If Man says it is the word of God, how does Man prove this?  He cannot.  Muhammed did not write the Quran.  Nor is the Bible perfect.  But the message by Jesus is there.  That is what is important.
Qatar974 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 12:23am
I am so sorry that you have not read the bible or understand the doctine of Christian since what you quote Anglicangal is from the Catholic Doctrine.  But it is ok I will pray for your knowledge and that you read the bible and ask God for revelation and discrenment.
Anglicangal View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Qatar974 Qatar974 wrote:

Hello Dear sisters and brothers, since I am Christian but study Islam and live it everyday in Qatar I will put my quote that I feel to be both truthful and spirit filled.  As a Chrisitian following the bible; There is but one God and then there is Jesus.  Jesus was more than a prophet but never will he be God.  It is too many times in the bible that Jesus tells his followers it is not me but the father.  Many Muslims and Christians fall prey to the devil trying to divided the two religions that both believe in one God.  As a Christian I was NEVER taught that Jesus was God in the flesh.  This is an outright lie!  Neither was I taught of the Trinity that there is God the father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  I was taught and still believe to this day that they are three separate entities.  Dear Muslims sisters and brothers, most Christians just like many Muslims are Christians by birth but do not read the bible nor the Quran so what they say should not be a representation of these faiths because they are without knowledge on the subjects.  The Christ was amazing because God made him Amazing and yes I do believe he is the son of God as there is no lineage he has no mother no father, you might say then well neither does adam but I say too ok (so what) Adam to is the son of God.  This in itself should not be the dividing line between Muslims and Christians.  The other thing that the devil continues to divide us on if Christ died on the cross.  This one I must admit still proplexes me, but I believe in the Gospel but if I am wrong or the Muslims are wrong then I too believe God will forgive as we have been misled.  Islam is a beautiful religion but I have not converted and don't plan to ever do so for the fact the Quran says that if you follow the Book(The Holy Bible) than you will go to paradise as well.  My husband is a born Arab Mulsim and his faith is one I practice with him while still openly practice my own faith and please dear brothers and sisters stop listening to heresay on what a Christian believes and find a practicing Christian that believes the bible not what they are being taught in the Church!
It is interesting that you call yourself a Christian, since one of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity is that God is Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  The Son became flesh in Jesus Christ.  So, you may call yo urself a Christian, but your beliefs are not Christian.
ramccluskey View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 6:23am
I am a Christian. I am willing to accept the evidence that Jesus, the in flesh, was not all-powerful and all-knowing. Perhaps someone can tell me why this is important as an argument for or against one religion or another. Thanks!
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 7:31am
Son of God has a symbolic, spiritual meaning. Not a biological meaning. Only God is omnipotent.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
timepiece3 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 6:28am
Isn't Jesus an element of God?
advice1117 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 2:25pm
Would you agree that Jesus was in a human form and thus that is why he wasn't all powerful while he was on the earth?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic