IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The contradictions of the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The contradictions of the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

A contradiction is saying that something did not happen, not that it happened at a different time.

Why would there be 4 Gospels in the Holy Bible  that are all slightly different?

I mean really wouldn't you burn the ones that did not match up exactly- even if it was GOD's word?

Could the people claiming these Gospels as GOD's Word not see that there were sight differences?

Perhaps you can explain why Matthew and Luke differ on when exactly Jesus was born?  Matthew has Jesus being born during the reign of Herod the Great, whereas Luke has Jesus being born during the reign of Herod Archelaus, almost 10 years later!  Was Jesus born twice? 

Don't rush.  I will give you some time to find a suitable source to copy and paste!  Wink
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 12:01pm
Have you found a source to copy yet, Believer?  I can't wait to see your response to the contradiction between Matthew and Luke!
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 8:15pm
Still nothing Believer?  Tongue

Natassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 8:55pm
@ Hichem

You wrote: Can those who persistently insist on proselyting the world into Christianity realize how grave and heinous that act is when they try to uproot the others' religion ? Can those who are equipped with all potentialities desist promulgating such texts and doctrines of which its men confessed that they comprise what is incomplete and what is false?!!!

You are putting a lot of faith into the written word.  Yes, documents are important.  But they are not everything.  Early Christianity was not spread by handing out Bibles.  The gospel was spread via word of mouth.

What we have today (in the New Testament) are compilations of early Christian writings...some were letters written from a Christian to churches.  Some were gospels telling about the life of Jesus.  Were they all 100% historically accurate?  Probably not.  They weren't written by historians or scientists.  The gospel of John, for example, was written in a very simple Greek (the author was likely a native Aramaic speaker) and had a very limited vocabulary.  The early Church writers (2nd century, for example) believed that the gospel of John was written for the specific purposes of countering heretical gnosticism as well as to expound upon the theology of Christianity.

There is one verse in one of the epistles to Timothy (I believe) that says all scriptures are God-breathed.  However, the writer does not elaborate on what the "scriptures" are.  Would those have been the Old Testament (since the New Testament did not exist in its written form yet?)  Here's the problem: even the Old Testament canon had not been officially decided until the late 1st century to early 2nd century AD.

So, for people to say that the Bible (and what exactly is "the Bible"?  Would that be the Protestant or the Catholic one?  What about the Ethiopian or Greek Orthodox ones?) is THE word of God is rather foolish (in my humble opinion).

I had to seek God before I could even think to understand the Bible.  Once I "found" God, I read the Bible in order to know Him better.  The writers of the Bible books, gospels, epistles, etc. were all describing their interactions and interpretations of God.  I could relate to some writings better than others.

However, it was God who led me to the gospel...not the other way around.  I was actually reading the Quran to learn about God before I started seriously digging into the Bible.  I realized that there was only one truth: Either Jesus was the person described in the Christian writings or he was the person described in the Islamic ones.

When I had prayed on my knees, "Dear God, please save me," do you know what answer I received back?

"Dear child, I already have."

And that's when I knew.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 7:20pm
salaams

here's a big contradiction:

couldn't wait write when i heard this news. i was told of an  " understanding " that has taken place. though a brother Bill Plyer. my joy and happiness overwhelm me in what i heard.
bro Plyer noticed that in genesis that it was when Adam was singular; before the " separation " of eve that god made the covenant of eat this and don't eat that.

Eve was not present to receive this command. this is a Truth.

And by christian doctrine since Eve came " out of Adam " Adam is the head of the household and of the woman. Thus it was Adams responsibly to instruct her in the ways of god . he's THE MAN . Why then didn't Adam TEACH EVE NOT TO EAT! This was His responsibility and HE FAILED TO DO SO! Now you tell me WHO'S GUILTY?? and WHO'S THE INNOCENT? Christian Theology demands the guilt of  "the man" who kept the knowledge of god to himself .

The most Eve is guilty of is a " tresspass " . also know to the jews as a " sin of ignorence " which in it's self is easly forgiven.

1 Timothy 2:14 (New International Version)
14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

1 Corinthians 14:33-35 (New International Version)

33For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. church.

35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; .................

leland

Edited by Nazarene - 25 July 2009 at 7:28pm
love for all conquers all
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 9:55pm
Nastasia,
*(see below)
The bible reference is Genesis 2:5-18 which does say that Adam was alone in the Garden of Eden when he was instructed not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
I am not sure what your point is exactly.
If the contradiction you believe is coming from woman disobeying her husband, and is against church teachings, what you need to remember is there was no 'church' until after Adam and Eve were removed from the garden. Before they ate of the apple they were pure (Gen 3: 22-24)and so could talk to God freely. In effect they became 'mortal humans' after the fall from grace. After they left Eden Adam offered up prayer as a way to communicate with God. He was the first prophet so established the first church, so to speak.
1 Timothy 2:14   Eve was deceived and she in turn then deceived Adam.
The fall was a necessary step for mankind. Without it we would not be here.

(*my understanding when I was Christian.)
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 1:46am
salaams

the contradiction is in christian theology. christian theology has used the Sin of Eve as a tool of domince , oprestion and subjection to the male. the fall was all Her fault. SHE's the one to blame sins of man by disobayed gods comand ........... a comand she never heard a comand she never new knew.
   but her husbend did. and said nothing.
your relpy makes my point. you quoted from timothy. The It's All Her Fault Verse. See What i mean.
    as for you last comment if the fall was nessasary for man then Eve should be hailed as a hero for Her Selfless deed and to be subject to man for ever and ever.
leland 

love for all conquers all
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2009 at 6:29am

Salaams brother,
Lol, excuse my mistake...I thought I was replying to NastassiaLOL

Originally posted by Nazarene Nazarene wrote:

salaams
      as for you last comment if the fall was nessasary for man then Eve should be hailed as a hero for Her Selfless deed and to be subject to man for ever and ever.
leland 

LOL Yes, you could say that I guess. My only question for Christians really would be what is the point of Adam and Eve and the expulsion from the garden of Eden. Why were they important ? Christians post the contradictions to Islam, but unless I've missed something they haven't given a reason as of yet for why Adam(Eve) were in the garden of Eden in the first..what for? Like I say, maybe I missed something or was asleepLOL
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic