IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The contradictions of the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The contradictions of the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hichem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The contradictions of the Bible
    Posted: 30 April 2009 at 3:02pm

The contradictions of the Bible

Zeinb Abd Al-Azeiz (PHD)

trsnalsted by : Magdy Abd Alshafy

Christians often turn angry and displeased when some comment on the contradictions in the Bibles- these contradictions that amount to fearful numbers . They even indict whoever claim that that  they encroache  upon the sanctity of the holy revealed texts .

To refute this fact , they say  : , these are not paradoxes but rather facts that integrate one another, they claim that  just to cover up these scientific contradictions

In fact , these claimed sanctity was impeached by Vatican three times: the first was in Trant synod in 1546 that issued a decree that " God is the author of the Holy Book" , a sentence that is recorded in the document of this synod, and that curse will haunt whoever asks about the credence of anything . ( Synods , volume 111, 1994)

The second time midwifed the advancement of science , historical studies and linguistics , this time Vatican backtracked on its first decree " God is the author " to say in Vatican synod , 1869 " God inspired the apostles through the holy ghost ( to write the Bible )

The third time was in the Vatican synod , 1965 in which the critical studies that laid to rest the credence of the Holy Book generally and the New testament in particular was given the main interest . sequence to long consultations and study concerning how to couch a new sentence to express that required change which is contrary to what remained for  long centuries to be once-clampdown decrees concerning deeming the biblical  infallable , they reached five formulations to  dilute  the impact on the adherents and they conceded on final formula with consensus of 2344 supporting voters against 6 voters opposing .

The final decisive word issued from Vatican concerning this point was " These books , though containing what is incomplete and what is false, testify to the fact that these were divine moral lessons"

In "The World of the Holy Book magazine , number "137" , September to October , an article entitled  " Who wrote the Holy Book "  comments on the same  point , this aticle  came in the first place , we read an article by professor J.Moinght , faculties of Jaweit , paris , in which he refers to two difficulties apropos to the Holy Book , he says " the Holy Book is not a book as the term book really means , rather it is a complete  library , it is a group of books and a group of literary kinds from different languages whose authorship can be traced back to tens of centuries and that all its books were collected gradually.

Second , each of these books wasn't authored at one go  by the same author bur rather each book was authored or rather collected from scattered pieces of heritage and dispersed writings from different sources after being rewritten and reformulated  and

substituting parts in the place of others .

This citation shows how this information has become common  that they are widely handled on newspapers and magazines. If we bear in mind the  final resolutions of Jesus Seminar which states that "82% of the words that are ascribed toJesus weren't  his and that 86% of the deeds that were ascribed to him were not his either , we will surely conceive how haplessly exorbitant the situation is and how deep the chasm between the facts and the scientists is , the multitude among them are theologians , moreover , so grave is their feverish  insistence to proselyte the world into Christianity at any cost ,notwithstanding  mottos such as they respect the adherents of other religions  that  they chant resoundingly and vociferously .

My aim is not to hurt the feelings nor degenerate any one as no one here to be held accountable for what these synods had inserted or changed over the span of history but my aim is to put forth the question to Moslems who remain a target to persistent campaigns supported by political pressure for converting  them into Christianity .

Can those who persistently insist on proselyting the world into Christianity realize how grave and heinous that act is when they try to uproot the others' religion ?

Can those who are equipped with all potentialities desist promulgating such texts and doctrines of which its men confessed that they comprise what is incomplete and what is false?!!!

It is ironical that they tried to circumvent the glaring contradictions , though they already referred to , by claiming that they are expressions of different visions or expressions or they integrate one another�.so a phrase like " the bible according to �" is coined though this phrase implies a large area of implicit skepticism.

A cursory look at these contradiction that the British Encyclopedia estimated to be 150.000 and now doubled by latest studies will enable the reader , irrespective of his religion , to touch the reality and if they could be trusted as divine texts .

Changing the words of the bible is going on to the extent that you find that the bible in English for example still keeps some words while in Arabic we find that the translation of some words have been changed for nothing but to match the newly discovered facts , for example the word circle in the following verse "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth"has been changed to be " the globe " while we can find the translation of the circle is still there in old version of the same Bible � it was a crime , according to the church standpoint , for which Galileo stood before the court and it is clear that this change was inserted after his words were scientifically proved to be true .

for contradictions and scientific and historicla errors ,

TRANSFERRED

Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 3:17am
Hello,

I am not "angry" or "displeased", but I cannot understand the relation between "General Islamic Matter" and "contradictions of the Bible"!!!

Anyhow, I will explain you my point of view: first of all, the Bible is not being updated everyday, and it's an old book. Sure the people are not the same, or the way of thinking.

For me, the Bible is a place of refuge, full of lessons to learn, and words of peace.

When I read it, I am not reading word by word, and trying to apply the lessons strictly. I just look for advise and try to apply it in the best way I can, because I understand that the Book is philosophy, more than a book on how to live everyday.

For instance, in Valencia (Spain), there was an Imam who wrote a manual for muslims where he was telling how the husband should beat to his wife. Do you think that this idea comes from the Qu'ran? As I was told, what the Qu'ran said was that the husband should show to his wife that he is strong, but not through the violence, just to make her feel protected.

I has read some of the "contradictios" that the author is talking about, and I just can say that the importance of it is nothing.

Example:

What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?

Before the cock crow - Matthew 26:34

Before the cock crow twice - Mark 14:30

It was before the cock crow , as  Matthew said. But in a book retouched during more than 2000 years by people, what can you do?

I don't know if the mistake comes directly from Mark or from someone of the rewriters, but sure it's a mistake, not a contradiction.

Regards

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Hichem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hichem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 3:38pm

Peace be upon those who follow true guidance,�

Hello

First, let me draw your attention to that the only party entitled to comment on the location of the topic is the administration, so� not you .

When I read your comment I thought you meant one of Shakespeare's book�s, or the like � !!

But it soon had realized when I came back to my previous

Timely initiative to mind one question, for as long as I had hoped to answer me frankly, one of the Christians .... And I am about to suggest to you: Do you really read the Bible, a careful reading ?

I want you to tell me how to draw inspiration or ideas from the Bible when they read a text like this:

//)) 12 The next day came out of the house for urgent Nia 13 considered a fig tree from afar by the paper and came to perhaps find something. When he came to not only find something for the paper that it was not the time of figs. 14 Jesus said to them: �You do not eat a productive one after forever�. The disciples hear.) Mark 11: 12-14//))

- What inspired the idea of the text ???

Is God so weak ??!!

Is God who created everything, did not know when the yield figs ??!!

Are any of the supposedly sane people to accept this statement ??!!

I would advise you, and I advise every Christian-loving Christian and Jesus son of Maryam, to read the Bible Then ask , Is this really the Word of God ??!!

Read this verse , Can you find the fault, or including them with the Gospel??

Almighty God said in his book Quran :

(( O ye who believe! Lo! many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks devour the wealth of mankind wantonly and debar (men) from the way of Allah. They who hoard up gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah, unto them give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom, )) (34)  Al-Tawba .

In the end, we do not discard the Bible, or Christianity ... It is part of our right , We stand for Jesus and his mother Maryam , peace be upon them, We reject the Gospel, which is now in your hands because it distorted and full of falsehoods, That have developed over the course of history.

Finally, accept me Greetings to you and to all members of the Forum

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 8:08pm
I don't know if the mistake comes directly from Mark or from someone of the rewriters, but sure it's a mistake, not a contradiction.

If there is at least one mistake, can you vouch that there will not be a second, a third, a fourth or whatever numbers?

God is perfection. God's book should also be one. No error, no mistakes.

Only human make mistakes.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

If there is at least one mistake, can you vouch that there will not be a second, a third, a fourth or whatever numbers?

Yes, and only human are re-writing the Holly books.

Maybe there are more mistakes, and that should be studied by the experts in Vatican. But, as I said in other place, the Bible is not to apply in your life daily, it's not an agenda about how to live. It's just a book to learn, to receive lessons, to look for advices, to take rest when you are tired, or to seek for consolation when you feel down.

You have to read and understand the Holly Books, not only to memorize.

Regards
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 1:22am
Well, If this be topic at this place in the forum, then continuing in the same direction, I look at the issue through another dimension. For example, if I go to a bookstore to find a trust worthy book to take benefit of its useful contents, I would invest in the one whose authoriship is doubtlessly well reputed. Knowing that the market is full of all kinds of people who may use such reputible names for their low quality products, I have to be extra careful in my selection for originality of the book.
It is now of a common knowledge among scholars that the names of the four books of new testament (NT Bible), bear the names after the 4 disciples of Jesus as a convenience only. The actual authorship of these books was long after these disciples were already dead.
For reference see The Catholic University of Australia as an example. More info / references is as per requirement basis.
Nevertheless, the present gospels do contain some of very invaluable quote of Jesus, and I have a great respect as well as inspiration from them. Cheers!!
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Yes, and only human are re-writing the Holly books.

Maybe there are more mistakes, and that should be studied by the experts in Vatican. But, as I said in other place, the Bible is not to apply in your life daily, it's not an agenda about how to live. It's just a book to learn, to receive lessons, to look for advices, to take rest when you are tired, or to seek for consolation when you feel down.

You have to read and understand the Holly Books, not only to memorize.

Regards
Pati,
I have to disagree with you on that. Holy Book is the one that people are using to how they understand who God is, what God teaches and expects of us, what is our purpose and what will be herefter, how to achieve salvation.
Those are very very important questions and issues. We find a discrepency in our credit card statement we pickup the phone. Are we not sure what's at stake that we take our Holy book less serious? or we jsut don't believe rahter pretend we do?
It is a guide that will determine your course, your journey, your future. Sure it also gives us strength in our difficulties, but its not like pot of a drink to forget you your pains when you are tired or feeling down.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 1:14am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Pati,
I have to disagree with you on that. Holy Book is the one that people are using to how they understand who God is, what God teaches and expects of us, what is our purpose and what will be herefter, how to achieve salvation.
Those are very very important questions and issues. We find a discrepency in our credit card statement we pickup the phone. Are we not sure what's at stake that we take our Holy book less serious? or we jsut don't believe rahter pretend we do?
It is a guide that will determine your course, your journey, your future. Sure it also gives us strength in our difficulties, but its not like pot of a drink to forget you your pains when you are tired or feeling down.
Hasan

Yes, it's important what you say, but on the other hand, can you take a two thousand years book as your daily guide? Sure in some items, you should follow your Holly Book, but in some others, it's unfortunately outdated.
It's important to know your God through the Holly Book, in my case the Bible, which explains everything about the Christianity, but at the same time, we have to understand it and to relate it with the XXI Century, where we live.

For instance, you have the divorce, which is forbiden (in general) in both religions, Islam and Christianity, but unfortunately, the real life now is full of situations that are finishing in divorce. Really, it's hard to take that decision, but some situations are not giving other chance.
Regards,
Patricia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic