IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blowback Hits Britain  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blowback Hits Britain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blowback Hits Britain
    Posted: 11 July 2005 at 4:12am

http://www.counterpunch.com/roberts07082005.html

Do you feel safer now that George Bush's and Tony Blair's barbaric attacks on Iraq have brought barbaric attacks to London?

Coordinated attacks on London's transport system have apparently killed 38 and injured 700. It is a terrible thing but hardly surprising. Did Londoners really think that the British people would not be held accountable for electing and reelecting Tony Blair--a war criminal under the Nuremberg standard--who aided and abetted George Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq on false pretenses?

Did Londoners really believe that Muslims would have no response to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq and the slaughter, torture, and detention of Muslims?

Blair and Bush are on their high horses claiming the morality of "civilized nations" and denouncing the retaliation they have provoked as "barbarism."

Their hypocrisy plays poorly in the world. Far more innocent Iraqi civilians, especially women and children, have been slaughtered than British and Americans. Why do Bush and Blair believe they should be praised for slaughtering civilians and only Muslims denounced?

Why do Americans think it is heroic and honorable for our troops to massacre Iraqis with bombs, missiles, gunships, tanks, and heavy machine guns, but cowardly and barbaric when our victims fight back in the only way they can?

The US and Britain started this fight, not Iraq. We should be ashamed that Bush and Blair deceived us, tricked us into a pointless and unjust war, and that innocent people on both sides are paying with their lives and limbs for Bush's and Blair's lies. Our real anger should be directed at Bush and Blair who are responsible for the deaths and destruction.

The American and British people had better wake up, depose their immoral leaders, and put a halt to this war.

There are 1.3 billion Muslims. The Iraqi insurgency has proved that Muslims are not intimidated by a "superpower." Unless the American and British people want a 30-year or a 100-year war with domestic police states for "security" reasons and a draft that will bleed their populations dry, this war needs to be wound up quickly with due apologies and reparations.

No more bluster and heroic talk from the two war criminals. The war is breeding terrorism and cannot be won. Only an even-handed diplomacy that breeds trust and ceases to rule Muslims with puppet governments can isolate and reduce terrorist acts. Muslims are not a few scattered Indian tribes with no place to hide who can be exterminated. America has no chance of imposing its will on the Muslim world. Muslims have their own will.

As long as Bush continues to operate with Mao's belief that power comes out of the barrel of a gun, terrorism will prosper and people will die for no reason except their refusal to hold corrupt leaders accountable.

Paul Craig Roberts has held a number of academic appointments and has contributed to numerous scholarly publications. He served as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. His graduate economics education was at the University of Virginia, the University of California at Berkeley, and Oxford University. He is coauthor of The Tyranny of Good Intentions.

He can be reached at: [email protected]

MOCKBA
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 5:54am

There are millions of Britons who opposed and still oppose the war in Iraq, myself included. If the "author" is right and the bombings were payback for Iraq, it obviously didn't worry the bombers that they would kill Britons who oppose the war. It is also believed that Muslims have been victims of the bombers. The joker who wrote the above article seems to be saying that Muslims are somehow justified in deliberately targeting and attacking British civilians as payback for the Iraq war and we got it coming for re-electing Blair. If this so-called commentator knows anything about current British politics (which is doubtful), he would know that more people voted for other political parties than voted for Blair's Labour party .

If I were a Muslim I would be angered by this rubbish, I certainly wouldn't post it on an Islamic forum. It would appear that some of you guys want it both ways. One minute your are saying that the London bombers can't be Muslims because Muslims would never do such murderous things, the next minute you are posting badly researched and slanted articles about Muslim payback...

Edited by Colin
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 6:58am

Bismillah

Tyranny is not practiced here on the board, therefore various views are expressed and shared. At times they are in line with Islam at times they are not. Some of the articles that I have recently shared in the forum express different views, mainly by non-Muslims writing for mainstream publications on current events. It would not be fair to label them as badly researched, that would be more appropriate for intelligence reports. The vairety of articles help get a wider view of the issue BUT they do not change the teachings of Islam.

As a Muslim, I am more angered with brutal murder and killing rather than writings. Killing of innocents is not in line with Islam, and so is London bombings. The article only helps explain that bombing did not come out of nowhere either... and London might have had them coming.

MOCKBA
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 7:03am
>>Do you feel safer now that George Bush's and Tony Blair's barbaric
attacks on Iraq have brought barbaric attacks to London?<<

Did GB & TB bring on the first attack on the WTC or the USS Cole? Who
squandered the goodwill and support of the US for Muslims in Kuwait &
Bosnia and against the Russians in Afghanistan and Chechnya?

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 7:28am

Quoting myself:

Quote If I were a Muslim I would be angered by this rubbish, I certainly wouldn't post it on an Islamic forum. It would appear that some of you guys want it both ways. One minute your are saying that the London bombers can't be Muslims because Muslims would never do such murderous things, the next minute you are posting badly researched and slanted articles about Muslim payback...

Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

As a Muslim, I am more angered with brutal murder and killing rather than writings. Killing of innocents is not in line with Islam, and so is London bombings. The article only helps explain that bombing did not come out of nowhere either... and London might have had them coming.

Mockba, doesn't it anger you that by pointing the finger specifically at Muslims the author is helping launch what you call in another thread; "The New Muslim-hunt Season!" ?

Mockba Wrote:

Quote Bombing in London marked the launch of the new Muslim-hunt season. The report clearly shows who the Hunting Dogs will be released after... this time it is the educated young of the Muslim community with their profiles spun into "terror tales". It is an attempt by the infidel cowards at the future of our Ummah. There is undoubtedly more to come. Scary? No, for Allah is with those who patiently persevere. May Allah shield innocent Muslims from injustice, and may Allah strengthen their imaan

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1438& ; ;PN=1

Edited by Colin
Clarabelle View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 7:35am

I too am angered more by brutal murder and killing than by writing, but I wanted to say that words are powerful too. If we are involved in a situation where talk of killing and retribution becomes 'normal' and views are expressed that these things are right we must show our disgust and loudly voice our views that these things are wrong.

I am grateful for this board's expression of various views and for the chance to hear different oppinions.

I admit I am not knowledgeable enough to know who cast the first stone in this terrible conflict. I am more interested, however, in who will end all this and bring our world to peace. I want to find out more to try and understand all this.

Clara

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 8:16am

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Mockba, doesn't it anger you that by pointing the finger specifically at Muslims the author is helping launch what you call in another thread; "The New Muslim-hunt Season!" ?

With or without him expressing his opinion the campaign is launched, "Muslim suspects" will be caught and and after some time found guilty and offered a "special" treatment in their prison cells... 

On the contrary, i don't find the author pointing his finger at Muslims. He, like vast majority of spectators in this world, is only looking in the direction where Blair and Bush have already been pointing theirs... only seeing things differently.  

MOCKBA
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2005 at 9:17am

A quote from the "author" of the article you posted:

Quote Did Londoners really believe that Muslims would have no response to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq and the slaughter, torture, and detention of Muslims?

Mockba wrote:

Quote On the contrary, i don't find the author pointing his finger at Muslims.

Then I would politely suggest you are suffering from tunnel vision.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic