IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Miracle of The Kaaba  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miracle of The Kaaba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meditations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 12:18pm
AsSalam Alaykoum

The movie this post about can be viewed here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkNR3Cq0Vg

Something that's worth noting about similar information we receive

There should be a clear distinction between what is given to us in a form of revelation, and human efforts

God didn't tell us Ka'aba is at the center of the earth, nor did Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH )
This is a human effort that's subject to being right or wrong

I advice everyone to always check / verify information they receive with any information they receive and especially with regards to such information described as miracles, for I think there're several fake/wrong one's as there're many genuine one's
There's probably some faked by non-muslims, which unfortunately some muslims fail into believing / spreading

But this one seems to be true after verification though

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

The angular distance between the poles is 180 degrees.  If you divide that by phi you get 111.246 degrees, or 21.246 degrees north latitude.  Unfortunately, Mecca is at 21 degrees 29 minutes, or 21.483 degrees.  The difference is 0.237 degrees, which works out to about 16 miles.  The Golden Ratio Point of the World is well outside the boundaries of Mecca.

Sorry.

No need to be sorry for wanting to show the truth Ron,
but it seems Doo-bop and JOEBERAR won't get a laugh

I wonder where you get these coordinates from

My google earth seems to show different readings 

Ka'aba boundaries are between 21�25'21.27"N and 21�25'20.98"N
( My bookmark is  21�25'21.11"N and  39�49'34.28"E )

So the difference is not 0.237 but something around .04 degrees only ,
How much in distance would that be ? I think about 2 miles / 4.4 km ?

This I guess would make the Golden ration point within the boundaries of Makka for sure

But it doesn't stop at this
could Ka'aba itself be the location of the Golden ration point ?

Checking here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latitude#Degree_length

there's an interesting table that shows that the surface distance per 1� change in latitude differ from one location to the other
being 110.574 km at latittude 0 and 111.694 km at latitude 90 

Geography isn't my cup of tea, but I would assume since we're calculating using latitude lines that are not constant, there's a big possibility that even these 2 miles could be compensated for ?

In the movie, they are showing distance in kilometers , which is 12348.32 and 7631.68
This conforms with the golden ratio

I hope someone who knows maths and geography better than me can shed more light into this

So far, it seems pretty close to me

12:21 : .... For God prevails in His affairs, But most people do not comprehend .

Regards

Edited by Meditations - 14 October 2009 at 12:50pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2009 at 6:34am

Originally posted by Meditations Meditations wrote:

Ka'aba boundaries are between 21�25'21.27"N and 21�25'20.98"N
( My bookmark is  21�25'21.11"N and  39�49'34.28"E )

So the difference is not 0.237 but something around .04 degrees only ,
How much in distance would that be ? I think about 2 miles / 4.4 km ?

I'm not sure where I got my figure from.  I might have just estimated it from a map, so I may have been out by a few minutes, but it doesn't make much difference.  Using your numbers, 21 degrees 25 minutes 21 seconds = 21.4225 degrees.  Subtract that from the Golden Ratio Point of the World latitude of 21.246 degrees and you still have an error of 0.1765 degrees, or about 12 miles (or about four hours by camel Smile).

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic