IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:44am
Nur -  not read in a mosque but held in a museum the way the early Christian writings are protected.

The Dead Sea Scrolls contain many different types of writings, not all is Scripture from GOD.  The Dead Sea Scroll of Isaiah is the Isaiah we have today.

The Gospel of Barnabas is not included in the New Testatment because it was written  sometime after 1300 AD.  We know this because the Jubilee was celeberated every 5 years until Pope Boniface the Eighth ordered that the jubilee should be observed once every hundred years.

'And then through all the world will God be worshipped, and mercy received, insomuch that the year of jubilee, which now cometh every hundred years, shall by the Messiah be reduced to every year in every place.' (The Gospel of Barnabas, p.104).

No early church father referenced the Gospel of Barnabas and the earliest known copy is from 1500 AD.

honeto- why can the Holy Bible be translated into every language of the world and people still understand the message?

Edited by believer - 07 May 2009 at 8:47am
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:21am
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/features/scrolls/about.htm

The Dead Sea Sect believed that it was the last remnant faithful to the covenant between God and Israel, and that their leader, the Teacher of Righteousness, gave "the last interpretation of the law" on all aspects of life.

There would be no need for Mohammad and the Quran if this was the case.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/features/scrolls/about.htm

The Dead Sea Sect believed that it was the last remnant faithful to the covenant between God and Israel, and that their leader, the Teacher of Righteousness, gave "the last interpretation of the law" on all aspects of life.

There would be no need for Mohammad and the Quran if this was the case.

believer,
apart from your links which I don't have time to mess with here is a true believer's analogy. It is a grace from God that He has sent the last prophet and the Quran, because without it people would not have chance to worhsip their creator alone as it should be. And they will be worshipping created things as some still do, or assign partnership in godhead to some of His servants.
I don't see anything come close as a religion that brings a person to the worship of His creator alone, and also gives him a guide to how to live a good life here that will gurantee success in the eternal life that will follow this.
According to your and my belief, our Creator will not forgive if you direct your worship toward any other than Him, that will be the highest unjust act.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 May 2009 at 3:46pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 4:00pm
believer writes:
honeto- why can the Holy Bible be translated into every language of the world and people still understand the message?

I don't think so, because most of those who even approached me preaching the Bible did not know more than what they have been told by their so and so. They only live by memorizing some phrases to keep them going. When I ask them a basic question about what they are preaching, they say, come to the Bible study, we are just giving the information we are told to deliver. Many did not know that the mother tongue of Jesus, whom they refer as 'Lord' was in fact Aramiac.

And, whenever a verse rally goes agaisnt their belief, as there are many, it all of a sudden is said to have hidden meanings other than what it appears to be saying. For example the one that says: hate you brother, or the one that says that I am returning to my God and your God. Or why call me good, there is only ONe that is good, it is God.
I have been in some 'bible studies' where pastor selects what each one will read, and guess which ones he will choose? So don't give me that my friend and besides you only have tanslations from translations of what we now know as the Bible, no original Bible, as there isn't such a thing to go back to in case! The compilation first took place a few centuries after Jesus. So who are we decieving here?

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 May 2009 at 4:43pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Salome View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Originally posted by Salome Salome wrote:

Ah Nur,

Yes, there is still original text in the world. It is written in Aramaic, Hebrew and in Greek. Ever heard of the DEAD SEA SCROLLS, which consists of roughly about 900 documents, including texts from the Hebrew Bible, discovered between 1947 and 1956 in eleven caves in and around the Wadi Qumran near the ruins of the ancient settlement of Khirbet Qumran, on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea. The texts are of great religious and historical significance, as they include some of the only known surviving copies of Biblical documents made before 100 C.E., and preserve evidence of considerable diversity of belief and practice within late Second Temple Judaism. They are written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, mostly on parchment, but with some written on papyrus.[1] These manuscripts generally date between 150 BCE to 70 CE.[2] The scrolls are most commonly identified with the ancient Jewish sect called the Essenes, but recent scholarship has challenged their association with the scrolls.[3]

You seem very one sided here, You may want to GOOGLE questions or statements you make, because you are not making correct ones and they coming out as assumptions instead.
   Salome

The Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered more than 50 years ago, yet till now there are no books published on these Dead Sea Scrolls. Why is that so? I mean there is no attempt to make it into a book so that Jews and Christians could have a chance to read and understand its contents.

Why Salome?

The reason is because publishing it would not serve either the Jews nor the Christians, because the texts of these sacred writings contradicts so much what the Jewish Bible and the Christian Bible are teaching. However it confirms what was written in the Quran.

Well Nur,
  Explain to me then if they haven't written any books on the contents of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Then how can you say " However it confirms what was written in the Quran."   if there is no books written on them where did you get your secret inside information on the contents of the dead sea scrolls.......

ok, I'm waiting....Wacko

Salome
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 6:04am

The compilation of all the "books" into one Bible occurred in 300AD, but the separate books where in existance and referenced in the earliest church writings and by the earliest church fathers.  The Gospels were written before 100AD.

Still you misunderstand that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not partners but are the One True GOD.

When you read the Bible you must take into consideration the whole Gospel

�hate you brother,�

If you do a search on hating your brother Bible verses you will see that the number to the contrary far out way hating your brother.   It is possible that you are unable to understand what was a perfectly good explanation.  This happens when your heart is closed.

This simply means to prefer no one in front GOD

Matthew 10 

37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

1 John 3

14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. 15Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

�I am returning to my God and your God�

Yes the 100% human Jesus had a Father, and why wouldn�t the WORD of GOD return to GOD?

John 20

17Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

�call me good, there is only ONe that is good, it is God.�

Have you ever heard of humility- humility is very good trait in the eyes of GOD.  Remember Jesus is on earth to show us literally GOD�s WORD in action - the perfect, sinless example of what GOD wants from us.  We are to humble ourselves to all.

Luke 18

19"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good�except God alone.

John 3
Salome View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

believer writes:

I don't think so, because most of those who even approached me preaching the Bible did not know more than what they have been told by their so and so. They only live by memorizing some phrases to keep them going. When I ask them a basic question about what they are preaching, they say, come to the Bible study, we are just giving the information we are told to deliver. Many did not know that the mother tongue of Jesus, whom they refer as 'Lord' was in fact Aramiac.

And, whenever a verse rally goes agaisnt their belief, as there are many, it all of a sudden is said to have hidden meanings other than what it appears to be saying. For example the one that says: hate you brother, or the one that says that I am returning to my God and your God. Or why call me good, there is only ONe that is good, it is God.
I have been in some 'bible studies' where pastor selects what each one will read, and guess which ones he will choose? So don't give me that my friend and besides you only have tanslations from translations of what we now know as the Bible, no original Bible, as there isn't such a thing to go back to in case! The compilation first took place a few centuries after Jesus. So who are we decieving here?

Hasan

Hasan

Bible studies are just the beginning of learning the bible, if you just sit back and listen to what someone else is saying to you that's when radicals develop.
     The Bible and the Qu'ran are ment to be studied,  that is why before I read my Bible I pray for God to give me his wisdom and knowledge while I read. I pray for God to open my eyes, to see new things ( and I also read some of the things I love to read, like the love story " The Song Of Solomon " ).

Yes I know Jesus spoke Aramaic, but did you know there were two Jesus's in the Bible ?   (Jesus is Greek ) Joshua is Hebrew-   YaHWe- shua is YaHWeH - Jesus is Lord....

Salome

May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:10pm
Well Nur,
  Explain to me then if they haven't written any books on the contents of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Then how can you say " However it confirms what was written in the Quran."   if there is no books written on them where did you get your secret inside information on the contents of the dead sea scrolls.......

Salome, did you not read the article that I posted on the Dead Sea Scrolls?  

Do you know why the Pope or the Church nor the Jewish Synagogue ever tried to compile it as evidence of the truth of their so-called Holy Scriptures?

I will tell you why. In the Pesher Text found in the Dead Sea caves, it was prophesied that Jesus would not be killed or crucified instead the Wicked Priest that was Judas who would be the one crucified and tortured due to his betrayal. Imagine if this Dead Sea Scrolls were to be published word by word and published and distributed freely to the whole world. What would happen to Christianity and Judaism?  I believe majority would be enraged with the Pope and the Church for lying to them all these years.

Did not that confirmed the Quran that said  - 4:156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge;  That they said (in boast):  'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.'  But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.�
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic