IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No return to Salaams!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No return to Salaams! - Event Date: 10 April 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:02am
Salaams

I think it is a big issue.. and honestly I beleive more of an issue amonst the women than men..  I have many theories.. but they are just theories.. 

When I tried to be invovled in a masjid I signed up to help with a fair or something like that. I was in a kitchen with a bunch of women and only one older lady was nice and talked to me.. and she hadlimited English. The rest, i was there an hour, said NOTHING to me..

Frankly, i know too many revert women who are just plain isolated.. it is a terrible problem.  I don't think it has to do with 9-11.. not among the women. Women are just cliquish..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:56pm
Wa Alaikum As Salam Sister, Danty (Well sis, I give you my salaam)
LOL   LOL   LOL
LOL
Nice to join us here, as you can see this is a HOT topic.
Wow sister you live near me, i'm in Duluth and i visit stone mountain a lot.
Please give any input as you may.  I needed to post this issue because I have reach my limit so im trying to change things with my mouth and make ALL aware of this.  I just don't like extending the greetings and  then i get looked at like im from another planet and i got 1 eye in the center of my head.LOL
Sister did you vote in the poll?
Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 13 April 2009 at 9:03pm
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:54pm

Wa Alaikum As Salam brother Akhe Abdullah,

Is that masjid here in Atlanta?Smile
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:49pm
As-salam-u-laikum! I live in Stone Mountain,GA. I have run into sisters who don't give their salaam back. But their are sisters who give their salaam also. It does bother me.
The other day my friend and I were in the Farmers Market and we passed a sister and gave her our salaam. We had no response. I walked a couple of steps and decided to turn around and give my salaam a little louder. She responded. It seems like she was thinking about what she was buying then her surroundings. LOL!
Well sis, I give you my salaam.
PS. We are not that bad down here.

Edited by Danty - 13 April 2009 at 8:52pm
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:29pm
Salams Sister a brother of mine here in Flint,MI just moved back briefly told me of this Masjid,I have to ask him more(Inshallah) because I cant find it either on the Mosque search above.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 13 April 2009 at 8:30pm
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:10pm

Wa Alaikum As Salam brother,

No i am not familiar with that Masjid.  Where is it located?

Edited by Zaharah - 13 April 2009 at 8:11pm
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:45pm
Salams Sister Zaharah.Are you familiar with Masjid AT-Taheed
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:09pm
Wa Alaikum As Salam Sister Zaharah.Ameen

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 13 April 2009 at 5:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic