IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No return to Salaams!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No return to Salaams! - Event Date: 10 April 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Zaharah Zaharah wrote:

Salaams, sister Shasta'sAunt
Clap
You know this is a shame and it is just down right pitiful!
It just never crossed my mind about 911 cause we all know the truth behind that!
It would be really funny to chase them down for a greeting.
Actually I live in Atlanta Ga.  It just make's me very upset to extend my hand or greeting another sister of the same faith and they just turn their face like they don't hear me.  I know we dont have the same skin color but we all KNOW our universal greeting.
I dress in full hijab just like them.  Is it my color or what??? 
Zaharah

I'm not sure what color you are but I am the palest white person in the world, in full hijab, and they run from me.

After 9-11 there were all sorts of rumors here that people were infiltrating the mosques, etc, so I figured the fact that I'm a caucasian American might have something to do with it. Maybe I look like I should be in the FBI or something or maybe just being American made people paranoid.

I don't let it stop me though. If they are close enough I tell them Salaams anyway and if they act like they don't want me to come closer, I don't. I just smile and walk off, or smile at their fleeing back as they run off. Wink

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 3:16pm

Salaams Akhe Abdullah

and Amen.  Do you have any suggestions?  There is a saying  in the Hadith that we should try to change something physically, speak about it or feel bad in our minds.  This problem I feel can be changed if WE sisters trust in our God.  So that's why I wanted to post this, im speaking out about it.  Just feeling bad in my mind is not enough (to my own thinking).  It has caused me some heartache cause i feel so bad after reading that the greeting is 1 of the things Prophet (PBUH) told us to do.

Zaharah 
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 3:31pm

Salaams Shasta'Aunt,

LOL You make my day and keep me on my toes. (FBI)

I am Africa American.  So you can see why this frustrates me also.  I'm in my 30's and I have felt when some people of another race or color don't want different people around. It all is shameful and I'm sure there are many jokes and phrase's that ALL races have encountered.  But as Allah have choosen this religion for us, let's not mistreat our own Brothers and Sisters.  If this is happening, then what makes us so different than the hypocrite? 
"Z"
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 5:29pm
Wa Alaikum As Salam Sister Zahara.Im also African American but,I am Muslim first.The Qur'an tells us to put aside out heritage and cultural backgrounds and that our Ummah is one.We have those who still hold fast to that, I wont name who out of fear of back-bitting.I would first like to point out some things about us and our people (African Americans),music lovers,drinkers,gang bangers,ect just the worst of worst when it comes to the media out look.And maybe that is there way of looking at us out of ignorance.A long time ago a group of Muslims failed to convert the Monguls and if you know of that story there are some similarities,Those early Muslims looked down on the Monguls and took Islam for there own when it was truly supposed to spead world wide to everyone.May Allah forgive us.
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 6:32pm
Salaams my brother Akhe Abdullah, may Allah guide you and raise your rank.
That's why I posted this message of the greeting.  I have pondered this in my heart for months and i just couldnt take it anymore.  I went to the market today no longer than 3 hours ago and the same thing happened again today.  You are right WE are Muslim first but why is it so hard for people to think one day I will meet my maker?  It seems like they adore the world first and their God later.  May Allah forgive us all.  Back bitting is another big issue. 
But what else could it be?  Another sister who has commented on this subject is of another race and she has expeirenced the same thing.  Has this ever happened to you?  is there a link or any
info on Monguls
ZaharahStern%20Smile

Edited by Zaharah - 12 April 2009 at 6:38pm
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 6:54pm

Narrated Al-Bara

The Prophet ordered us to do seven (things) and forbade us from seven (other things): He ordered us to pay a visit to the sick, to follow funeral possessions, to say: May Allah be merciful to you to a sneezer, - if he says: Praise be to Allah, to accept invitation (invitation to a wedding banquet), to return greetings, to help the oppressed, and to help others to fulfill their oaths (provided it was not sinful). And he forbade us from seven (things): to wear golden rings or golden bangles, to wear silk (cloth), Dibaj, Sundus and Mayathir.

posted by Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 12 April 2009 at 6:55pm
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 7:19pm
Salaams,
This is written.  When I read this, this is what keeps me grounded  and reminds me of what is to come.  Keep in mind, if it is someone's else's skin color that is keeping you trapped in ingorance take heed...

41:20 (Asad) till, when they come close to it, their hearing and their sight and their [very] skins will bear witness against them, speaking of what they were doing [on earth].

may Allah be pleased
Zaharah
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Zaharah Zaharah wrote:

Salaams my brother Akhe Abdullah, may Allah guide you and raise your rank.
That's why I posted this message of the greeting.� I have pondered this in my heart for months and i just couldnt take it anymore.� I went to the market today no longer than 3 hours ago and the same thing happened again today.� You are right WE are Muslim first but why is it so hard for people to think one day I will meet my maker?� It seems like they adore the world first and their God later.� May Allah forgive us all.� Back bitting is another big issue.�
But what else could it be?� Another sister who has commented on this subject is of another race and she has expeirenced the same thing.��Has this ever happened to you?� is there a link or any
info on Monguls

Zaharah[IMG>http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley22.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Stern%20Smile" />
Wa Alaikum As Salam,Sister Zaharah.It happens so often that I am numb to it so to say its not all but some I had it happen in the Masjid a couple of times so I switch to another,they would'nt shake hands.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 12 April 2009 at 8:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic