IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No return to Salaams!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No return to Salaams! - Event Date: 10 April 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: No return to Salaams!
    Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:14am

Salaams,

I live in one of the largest city's down south.  I am a Muslim sister who take my religion serious and I worship the Almighty Allah.  I have noticed on MANY occasions that when i greet my fellow sisters in the market place or the shopping mall, they don't return the greeting!  This is very frustrating, and it is haram.   Has anyone had the same thing happen? 
Zaharah  

Edited by Zaharah - 10 April 2009 at 10:35am
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 8:05pm

Salaams,

Do you live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area because I do and it happens all of the time. I have actually had Muslim women turn and go the opposite direction when they see me. After September 11 I chalked it up to paranoia for a while cuz things were so crazy, but now I just shrug. What can you do, chase them down and make them greet you? Well, I guess you could and it might be sort of funny. Can you imagine the panic when they realize you are chasing them down for Salaams? But it's really very sad.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 8:25pm
Wa Alaikum As Salam Sisters.I was tought that it is a minor sin to not greet eachother with a smile [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 12 April 2009 at 11:53am
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Salaams,

Do you live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area because I do and it happens all of the time. I have actually had Muslim women turn and go the opposite direction when they see me. After September 11 I chalked it up to paranoia for a while cuz things were so crazy, but now I just shrug. What can you do, chase them down and make them greet you? Well, I guess you could and it might be sort of funny. Can you imagine the panic when they realize you are chasing them down for Salaams? But it's really very sad.

Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:30am
Salaams, sister Shasta'sAunt
Clap
You know this is a shame and it is just down right pitiful!
It just never crossed my mind about 911 cause we all know the truth behind that!
It would be really funny to chase them down for a greeting.
Actually I live in Atlanta Ga.  It just make's me very upset to extend my hand or greeting another sister of the same faith and they just turn their face like they don't hear me.  I know we dont have the same skin color but we all KNOW our universal greeting.
I dress in full hijab just like them.  Is it my color or what??? 
Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 12 April 2009 at 9:43am
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:43am

Salaams Akhe Abdullah,

Thanks for your reply.  The Quran says in 24:61

"To greet one another with a greeting from Allah. say: As-Salamu Alaikum- peace be on you.
Thus Allah makes clear the Ayat to you that you may understand.
Please vote on the poll that was posted and lets pray for one another.
Zaharah
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:58am
Salams Akhe Abdullah
It is a minor sin to not greet with a smile, but to not return the Greeting  when you are greeted is another catagory.  Those sister's who do this can hear without a doubt when I say As-Salamu Alaikum they just choose the be ignorant and turn their face and it's very upsetting.
Just imagine  FOR EXAMPLE: if a non believer was standing near me and this non believer was curious of the religion and wanted to know more to possibly convert and they witness this from another sister treating the one who extended the greeting this way. Just that alone would raise doubt in someone's mind about the religion . 
Maybe next time I will use ShastaAunt's theory Smile
Zaharah
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 12:01pm
Wa Alaikum As Salam Sister Zaharah.I dont understand the problem but,if we can try to correct the little things then we can tackle the big promblems.May Allah help us with that.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 12 April 2009 at 12:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic