IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No return to Salaams!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No return to Salaams! - Event Date: 10 April 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
christine123 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christine123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 7:15am
Assalamu Alaikum Zaharah,
My apologies for coming late to this discussion! We live in the same area and if we ever meet, I will definitely give you salaams! :)

Peace
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 9:30pm

17. Salam is for everyone

Quran demands that we greet others better than the way they have greeted us. (Quran 4:86).

After Juma do you say Salam and meet only those people you know or do you initiate a Salam to those from another ethnic group?

Consider this Hadith: The Prophet said: Those who are nearest to Allah are those who are the first to give a greeting (Sahiah of Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi).

Saying Salam is also a great way to increase your love for a fellow Muslim, no matter where they are from. Consider this Hadith: the Prophet said: You will not enter Heaven until you believe, and you will not believe until you love each other. Let me guide you to something which will cause you to love each other: spreading the greetings of peace (Assalamu alaikum) (Sahiah of Muslim).

Assalamu Alaikum
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:38pm
Wa Alaikum As Salams, Maron
That's the same thing my husband told me.  I just think as female we are more emotional when it comes to things like this.
Thank for your post and welcome to this forum
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
maron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 5:56pm
Salam sisterSmile

Just don't care about them....
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 10:00am

Wa Alaikum As Salam Nur Ilahi,

Welcome to this Forum.  Thanks you for your advice.  I do live in an area where Muslims are the minority, and i have followed your advice with the same reaction that i spoke of thru out this post.  It seems like to me, that by living in an area where we are so few that we should all embrace each other instead of shunning each other. You are very fortunate to live where you feel loved and are greeted on a daily basis.

May Allah have Mercy on us all.
Zaharah

Tupac A. Shakur...
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Zaharah Zaharah wrote:

Salaams Akhe Abdullah

and Amen.  Do you have any suggestions?  There is a saying  in the Hadith that we should try to change something physically, speak about it or feel bad in our minds.  This problem I feel can be changed if WE sisters trust in our God.  So that's why I wanted to post this, im speaking out about it.  Just feeling bad in my mind is not enough (to my own thinking).  It has caused me some heartache cause i feel so bad after reading that the greeting is 1 of the things Prophet (PBUH) told us to do.

Zaharah 

Assalamualaiki,

Perhaps you all are living in a place with Muslims in the minority. Where I live, it is very natural to greet and receive greetings with Salams and a smile that really could brighten up the whole day.

I have never had encountered this attitude before. Maybe, you should start with a smile first from far and when you are withing hearing distance, then you should utter the salaams. At least if you receive a smile in return, you could then venture to say the salaams.

Anyway, it is not advisable to linger a bad opinion in one's mind in regards to another human being. Let us always think positive. Thinking negative will lead to all sorts of imaginations that is sinful.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 12:21pm
LOL
LOL
Salams
Z

Tupac A. Shakur...
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 11:46am
wa'alaikum salaam sis Zaharah. . .

'ppl' is a short form of 'people' Smile
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic