IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - wudu time  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wudu time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 2:43pm
Salam,

According to my understanding the minimum is 1 time and maximum is 3 times (not minimum 3 times).

Moreover we should prioritize everything in our live, in the case of salat and wudhu. Salat have higher priority compare to wudhu, that's why if we have no water we can do tayamum. So you shouldn't miss salat just caused by want to perfect the wudhu.

In my understanding wudhu can be as short as 5 minutes even less.

You may want to think about this:
The perfect salat is with wudhu, ruku, bow down, clean quite place, facing qibla etc. But in a certain condition you may pray without ruku or bow down (when you not capable such as sick, on the vehicle), even you don't need to face qibla when you are in moving vehicle (bus/plane etc).

From this we understand that salat is one of the most important part on Islamic faith and should be put in the highest priority, so we have to do it no mater what, if you can do it perfectly with wudhu, clean quite place, facing qibla etc that's the best, but you can not sacrifice salat just because you are lack of the "normal" requirement. If you can not stand you can do with sit, you can sit you can do with laying down combine with hand movement, can not move your hand, use eyes movement and so on, after you can not do anything (die) then somebody will pray for you.

However even salat is one of the most important aspect, if while you are praying your house burnt, you should run right away, not wait till you finish salat, because your life and savety more important.

Again: prioritize, do the best that you can and moderation.

Edited by semar - 09 April 2009 at 3:09pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
aabb View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aabb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 11:37am
I used to do my wudu in reasonable time, but recently it is taking me much longer due to uncertainty.

It is taking me almost an hour to do wudu and a long time to just wash my feet because I am not satisfied that every inch of skin is washed thrice. Because of this, i miss some prayers and this is also the problem with ghusl (especially making sure that every single hair has been washed thrice). What can i do to reduce this time to do wudu and ghusl?

What is the minimum requirements for wudu/ghusl according to hanafi?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic