IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Renewal of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Renewal of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:42am

Dear Habibi,

Your ideas nead more clarity as to what your trying to convey. At this time, I shall only try to comment upon your ideas of " say we are the Messiah, the Prophets, the Manifestations of God and ...". I fully agree with your thoughts in your para 1 because of the definition of word 'Islam" that has been used and I do see what are you trying to imply by this use of definition. However more discussion is needed to understand exactly what you intend to say for its use. Yes, we all must be the agents of Allah to obey and spread His Will on this earth whatever our origin of faith maybe. By this task, we all may be called as the prophets of Allah. However, the problem is that individaul's faith orientation calls for exclusion of all other faiths except themselves as true representatives of this task. Though, I know and do believe that this is not true from an Islamic perspective, but most of us don't realize it and therefore have joined the common practice of religious exclusivism. I hope that you may give us some clearer perspective of your thoughts in this direction. 

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 12:53pm

Dear gentle soul Anne Marie,

Thank you for calling me a gentle soul, I try to be but I am not always but I do try.

You are obviously quite spiritual and have many lofty dreams. 

My dreams are far from being lofty.  They are dreams that can be met by arising to the Inter Faith Call to Jihad which includes Education, Training, Counseling and Consultation with Prayer and Living Prayers such as guiding someone to counseling, or education resources like information on dealing with emotions like problems with relationships or sexual health information to deal with issues of ignorance like dispelling the notion that HIV cannot be gotten from children.

I would like to remind you however that Allah has declared in the Qur'an that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the seal of prophets, meaning the last and final one. 

Yes he was the Seal, but he was like the seal on an important document or bottle of special wine.

When the seal is broken it reveals its contents.  In this case the contents to be revealed is an ocean of Messengers each with the Station as Messenger of Allah.  At the same time each of us in this station have a duty firstly to Allah and ourselves and that namely is to know and love Allah in ourselves and others.  This Station of Prophethood and Messiah belongs to each of us and we are all precious in the sight of Allah, none of us is higher than the other.

How then can you or anyone else be a prophet of Allah?

We each affect the Spiritual world and one can never be sure who will be remember in 10 thousand years but what we leave behind is our legacy.  So that is why the Call to an Inter Faith Jihad with Education, Counseling, Consultation and Prayer with Living Prayers is needed.  The key here is Inter Faith.  So we can have World Arising Responsibly and Spiritually.  So all ailments in society may be dealt with compassionately and justly and Education, Training, Counseling, Consultation and Prayer with Living Prayers is the key.

I would also like to remind you that Islam is Allah's perfect religion for all people, all places and all times. 

Each religion through a lack of humility calls themselves perfect for if it was done perfectly then there would be no room for anyone to fall through the cracks.  Therefore always there is some guidance that comes from Allah through His immense wisdom that renews Islam (Submit to the will of Allah) and it is plainly seen as all things come from Allah and all things affect the Spiritual Environments and Spiritual Economies and they all come from one source Allah as a gift or as a test.

Why would you take it upon yourself to try and change it? 

I have taken on this Mission because I saw suffering in the World and Allah bid me arise and do what I am able to do.  Inshallah may Allah have mercy on me for not arising sooner.  I am just doing my part in Renewing Islam and may Allah guide me well to those who can assist me with this and may I be worthy of the task and the gift Allah has given me over the years.  Mostly I just want to see the suffering end, the suffering of Poverty, Violence and Ignorance and for there to be better age appropriate education in building healthy relationships, conflict resolution skills training, effective communications skills training, sexual health education training and planning for parenthood training plus some other important skills taught to everyone of all ages and for this we need a great sorting out of people into Groups, Inshallah all around the world. 

Instead of using all your beautiful spiritual enery to renew Islam or religion, why don't you take that loving energy and enjoin good and forbid evil through Islam?  It is already perfect.

You make a good point, however for everyone they may be interested in one recipe over the other and there fore many approachs are needed and it needs to be understood that Islam is a state of Being following the things I mentioned like, education, counseling, consultation, prayer with living prayers like guiding a man to a mens shelter if he is thinking of harming his wife , a place where he may learn better coping techniques and have a break from what ever stresses or emotions are plaquing him.

I pray that Allah will guide you to the right path for promoting Islam.  I bid you peace.

Thank you

I am working on my path as best I can, I am nobody but I am someone worth hearing and at the very least considering what I have to share and then take what you will and leave what you will it is of course in the end between you and Allah.

I am learning not to walk away from what I can assist with and to walk away from what I cannot emotionally manage but in the end I am not walking away at least I share what I believe and understand, not in the hopes of converting.  Just in the hope it may be built on and made better.

( In answer to ummziba )

As mentioned before we all come under the Umbrella of Islam as Islam is a name for a state of being and not a religion nessecarily written in stone or in bondage of the limits on a mans mind.

Therefor learn about and appriate others religion that you may understand your own better, Inshallah besides it helps appreciate what we have in common with each other.  So stop fighting over who has the best (Base Ball Team/ Football Team/ Spiritual Team ) etc.

Get to work sharing your faith by saying prayers, doing living prayers of Dawa like guiding people to counseling, medical attention or community resources they need to be fully functional and healthy and happy and enjoin them to learn a little of your faith regardless of who they are or what faith they are and purhaps if done well then they may accept Islam as I have. Inshallah.

( In answer to AhmadJoyia )

Assalaamu alaikum

Anne Marie Elderkin-Habibi

Edited by amlhabibi2000
Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:02pm
Quite funny when someone says "I am nobody but I'm someone
worth hearing" sorry you kinda sounded funny when you said
that LOL
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 7:25am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Quite funny when someone says "I am nobody but I'm someone
worth hearing" sorry you kinda sounded funny when you said
that LOL

No problem LOL.

I kinda ask myself everyday why bother, but thenm the voices of those 10 Billion suffering out there gets to me as well as the voice of the Earth herself as her creatures are telling us she is suffering a slow death becuase of misuses of the world on her being and the treatment of her creatures, though we could dispute these creations are the domain of Allah works. 

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 2:23pm

So what can you arise to do?

Can you help somone learn english or youtr language or drive someone to the doctors office?

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 4:16am

One of the things I am learning is how wonderful Allah is in revealing to humanity many wonderful things to improve and make our lives better if we share some of the technology with others more freely then the world may be that much closer to being heaven on earth.

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 4:41pm

I am hoping to present this paper to faculty, clergy and the public ata university one day soon.  Inshallah.

I may even paint a series of paintings to go with the talk.

Edited by amlhabibi2000
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:23pm
"Islam" is an arabic word which has a link to the word "salaam" which means "peace" so to me islam means engaging the peace(with Him) or submitting to Him wishing His peace. How do we gain His peace? by submitting to His will, observing His laws,commands and doing what He likes and aproves of, and leaving that which He forbids, and dislikes. So the goal of a believer is His peace, Him being pleased. There is no other religion that will be accepted on the day of judgement except this. It does not matter if you are jew, christian or muslim, if Him being pleased was not your goal, your work will be in vain. Just as a reminder, in "islam", when someone mentions a prophet or messenger we say:" The Peace is upon him" i ll let you figure out why.....

Edited by Community
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic