IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Madhhab inclusion near avatar  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Madhhab inclusion near avatar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madhhab inclusion near avatar
    Posted: 27 March 2009 at 8:33am
Hopefully this will appear properly on everyone's computer's -

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16654

If you notice near "StudentofIslam"'s avatar there is the madhhab to which he /she belongs.
For debate, discussion, etc. it would be a useful addition (assuming someone wanted to use it) to put near our own avatars.

What do you think...?
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 7:57pm
Salam/Peace,

We consider it is not necessary to put that here. Instead we added gender and religion.

We suggest to members to update your profiles, so hopefully by knowing the background better you can convey your message better.

Thanks,

Admin

Edited by icforumadmin - 28 March 2009 at 9:22pm
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 6:23pm
Assalamu alaikum  I have a question, I hope it's ok. I noticed you've added gender and religion. Mine says: Male-- This is true. Islam-- also true, but how did you know? I think in my particular case, both were fairly obvious, but what about someone who's gender or religious affiliations are more ambiguous? 
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 9:21pm
Salam,
Thanks Hunter, we just added it a few members that we really now for launching purposes. So other member will notice that we have that new features, so we hope they will update their own profile.

Thanks,

Admin
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:53am
Originally posted by icforumadmin icforumadmin wrote:

Salam,

Thanks Hunter, we just added it a few�members that we really now for launching purposes. So other member will notice that we have that new features, so we hope they will update their own profile.

Thanks,

Admin

Merci bien...
Cool.
So, dig it... could you possibly add some options to the Islam drop-down (Hanafi � Shafi`i � Maliki � Hanbali...)? I think it will help to see where some brothers/sisters are coming from in their lines of argument, discussion, etc.

"All four schools are respected and in fact the differences between the schools are considered a blessing. There are cross-pollination of ideas and debates between the four schools in respect to each school's understanding of Islam. All four schools are respected as valid legal schools of Sunni Islam that have arrived through their analysis of the Qur'an and Sunnah."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafi

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 29 March 2009 at 8:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic