IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I want to know what kind of experiences  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want to know what kind of experiences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 5:27pm
As Salamu Alaikum, Nobody ever came out and told me straight away that I should shave but I have been told that I represent the company.  So in the way it was related to me I aparently did not fit the company profile they were looking for.  I try to keep my a fists lenth and slightly trimmed so as to appear neat.  Very hard to get work since then though.  umph
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Duane Duane wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum,�Nobody ever came out and told me straight away that I should shave but I have been told that I represent the company.� So in the way it was related to me I aparently did not fit the company profile they were looking for.� I try to keep my a fists lenth and slightly trimmed so as to appear neat.� Very hard to get work since then though.� umph
As Salamu Alaikum,Duane.Welcome to ICF.Jazakallah Kheiran for your reply. Yes we are suppose to keep our beards neat we are constanly getting them wet(LoL).I can relate to that.May Allah Bless you in this Dunyah and in the Hereafter.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 9:00pm
Allah tells us to argue with logic and wisdom.

Good advise, Taken.

Care to practice what you preach? Now please save the shrink work and kindly answer my question.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 1:16am
Originally posted by nu001 nu001 wrote:

Originally posted by savant savant wrote:

For Five prayers and their way to perfom and also how to do wudu is not written in Quran. ..............

Salam Bro,

It is there very clear in Al Quran, you just need to read Al-Quran to extract it.

Actually Bro - the Qur'an does not tell you the method of Salaah, the rakaats etc, niether the entire wudhu. It simply mentions basic acts of wudhu. For all of that, we have to look at Sunnah & Hadith.

However, I don't want to go into that discussion here, that's a different issue. Why don't you just ref a sahih Hadith, which says that having a beard is mandatory/Fard. 

Growing a beard for men is madatory in all four schools of thought - and unless there is an exceptional reason - it is prohibited to shave it.

Few Sahih Ahadith:

Sahih Muslim, hadith no. 501 : Reported by Abu Darda; Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: I have no connection with anyone who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing in grief or affliction.

Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullaah) reports on the authority of Imam Nafi' [ra] who narrates from Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar, Radi-Allahu anhu, that Rasulullah Sall-Allahu%20alayhi%20wa%20sallam said, 'Oppose the Mushrikeen (polytheists); lengthen the beards and trim the moustaches.'

Imam Nafi' (RA) further states, 'And ibn Umar, Radi-Allahu anhu, during Hajj or Umrah used to hold on to his beard with his fist and cut off whatever was in excess of that.' (Bukhari vol.2 pg.875; Kitab-ul-Libas no.5892)

The verdict of the growing of the beard being wajib (obligatory) is deduced from this hadith. That is because any explicit command of Rasulullah Sall-Allahu%20alayhi%20wa%20sallam will be regarded as wajib, if there is no apparent, clear reason/proof which states that that particular command is for istihbab (preference). This is an established fact in usool-ul-fiqh (principles of jurisprudence). Rasulullah Sall-Allahu%20alayhi%20wa%20sallam has commanded the Ummah to lengthen the beards. Allah Ta'ala has mentioned in the noble Qur'an, 'Those who disobey his (Rasulullah - Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) should beware of a trial or painful punishment that will afflict them.' (Surah Noor 63)

After all, what is it that stops us from at least adopting the outer features of Rasulullah Sall-Allahu%20alayhi%20wa%20sallam? Why is it so difficult to make our faces resemble in some way the blessed face of our beloved Nabi Sall-Allahu%20alayhi%20wa%20sallam?

There is an Arabic couplet that says: 'And resemble them if you cannot be identical. Verily the resemblance of the noble ones is also a form of success.'

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best. (excerpts taken from albalagh.net)

-------------

And the following hadith, although does not mention the mandatoriness of the beard - I thought was interesting, so sharing:

�There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Quran, but it will not exceed their throats, and who will go out of the deen of Islam as an arrow passes through the game. They will never come back to it unless the arrow comes back to the middle of the bow by itself (i.e. impossible!) . The companions asked, "What will their signs be?".

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Their sign will be the habit of shaving off of their beards".

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.651 Narrated by Abu Said Al Khudri

Edited by Chrysalis - 05 April 2009 at 1:27am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 11:07am
As Salamu Alaikum, Chrysalis.Jazakallah Kheiran for your reply.Good work!May Allah Bless you.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 05 April 2009 at 11:08am
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by nu001 nu001 wrote:

Originally posted by savant savant wrote:

For Five prayers and their way to perfom and also how to do wudu is not written in Quran. ..............

Salam Bro,

It is there very clear in Al Quran, you just need to read Al-Quran to extract it.

Actually Bro - the Qur'an does not tell you the method of Salaah, the rakaats etc, niether the entire wudhu. It simply mentions basic acts of wudhu. For all of that, we have to look at Sunnah & Hadith.

However, I don't want to go into that discussion here, that's a different issue. Why don't you just ref a sahih Hadith, which says that having a beard is mandatory/Fard. 

Growing a beard for men is madatory in all four schools of thought - and unless there is an exceptional reason - it is prohibited to shave it.

Few Sahih Ahadith:

Sahih Muslim, hadith no. 501 : Reported by Abu Darda; Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: I have no connection with anyone who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing in grief or affliction.

----
None of your Hadith refference says that it is mandatory/fard.

I could not check back all your Hadith as the ref isn't precise. The ref you gave for the first and the strongest one was from Muslim 501. I am sure our beloved prophet cannot use such language, as even the non believers had free access to come infront of him and listen to him. So I checked that one: here it is:

Sahih Muslim, Book 2, Number 0501:  Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

Ref: http://www.iiu.edu.my/deed/hadith/muslim/002_smt.html

I am sure you also have a ref. it's not your or my fault. Hadith has been distorted even before the death of prophet, some times unintentionally and sometimes intentionally to suit one's requirements. That's why we find so many contradictions even in Sahih hadith. here is one:

"Do not write down anything of me except the Quran. Whoever writes other than that should delete it" (Ahmed, Vol. 1, page 171...also Sahih Muslim) 

on principle and by definition, fard is something forbidden by Allah, directly or indirectly. And what Allah said is intact in Quran. If you can have patience and not react like the blind muslims do, then I will try to show you from Quran that everything is available in Quran. I insh-Allah want to start with the Ablution/Odu.

regarding Beard, you can also listen to Dr, Zakir naiks explanation as well. It has been encouraged but not mandatory even by any Hadith. if Quran hasn't forbidden something, that definitely isn't forbidden:

Al Quran: 6:114

"Shall I seek other than Allah as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?�

Edited by nu001 - 05 April 2009 at 1:51pm
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Allah tells us to argue with logic and wisdom.

Good advise, Taken.

Care to practice what you preach? Now please save the shrink work and kindly answer my question.

I'm sure you can find out a ref from Hadith to support ignorance as even fard. While this is also a sahih hadith:

"Do not write down anything of me except the Quran. Whoever writes other than that should delete it" (Ahmed, Vol. 1, page 171...also Sahih Muslim) 

The time gap of around 200 years is almost similar between first written version of Bible from the departure of jesus and First Hadith book from the death of our prophet. The logic is used against Bible for being distorted but the same logic isn't applicable for hadith, can you explain without bias, why?

If it was forbidden by the prophet to write anything that he said, if Usman has burnt all other writings after collection of final vesion of Quran, can you tell me who are these people who later claimed to have preserved prophets sayings in writing? (Except Mushriks, Jews and Christians)

If the muslims followed prophet's instruction & Usman's instruction (True Muslims are expected to follow) then how the sayings were kept free of corruption for 200 years (6/7 generations)

Don't you think that, if prophet had to add anything to Quran which are mandatory in nature, The next job the 4 Chaliphs would have done after the Quran is to make a collection of those?

Would they keep it for Bukhari (First Hadith collector) to come from Central Asia after 200 + years and collect hearsays and level it sahih and not sahih? on unscientific basis? Even science couldn't invent ways of capturing past conversations from the ether, still a science fiction.

If these collections were Sahih, why Islam is divided into fitnahs since that time? Why even his contemporaries disagreed with him & the correctness of the collection?

With regard to answering your question, First of all can you please ask a proper question? if your rathar sarcastic comment hasn't been addressed?

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Wearing saris, ear and nose piercings, lipstick and nail colors are also not harmful for men's bodies. So are those also choice?

I did my best.....I hope the question above is proper enough now for you to answer.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic