IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I want to know what kind of experiences  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want to know what kind of experiences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to know what kind of experiences
    Posted: 26 March 2009 at 7:26am
As Salamu Alaikum,Brothers I want to know What was you're experience if any of you went for a job interview and they asked you to shave you're beard.
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 8:54am

Walaikum Sallam, I dont think so somebody straight way would asked this. People usually show it with their attitude. Might be someone is asked as this world is a mess; full of happenings.

Never Give up
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:50am
Originally posted by savant savant wrote:

Walaikum Sallam, I dont think so somebody straight way would asked this. People usually show it with their attitude.Might be someone is asked as this world is a mess; full of happenings.

</SPAN>
As Salamu Alaikum, Savant.I was asking this because some jobs require a certain look,and or requirement such as I use to be a welder and some jobs that dont have the proper ventalation require you to wear a respirator,and you cant wear a respirator with a long beard.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum,Brothers I want to know What was you're experience if any of you went for a job interview and they asked you to shave you're beard.

Wa Alaikum Salaam,

I havent faced such a situation but I know of a Srilankan bro who quit his job in Qatar, cuz the company wanted him to shave his beard.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:57am
I was asking this because some jobs require a certain look,and or requirement such as I use to be a welder and some jobs that dont have the proper ventalation require you to wear a respirator,and you cant wear a respirator with a long beard.

You could trim it somewhat.......ask a scholar.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 10:01am
As Salamu Alaikum, Saladin.I feel him Ahki,I'm about to go back to school to get more work skill maybe an assciate degree(Inshallah).It makes everything more frustrating when you have to choose a field to work in based on if you would be required to shave your beard.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 10:08am
I know you can trim,but not shave, and Ive read in Hadith that our beard should be fist length.I also was thinking about dying it red like Prophet Muhammed(Saw)I got a little grey.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 10:08am
Akhe, remember, "necessity overrides prohibition". So consult a wise scholar regarding your problem.

Btw, I dont know whether the Prophet dyed or not but I've learnt that its allowed, red, brown but not black.

Edited by Saladin - 26 March 2009 at 11:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic