IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cab0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!
    Posted: 23 March 2009 at 12:44pm
Hello, my name is Jonathan, I am currently studying Islam, and I wish for some advice. Osama Bin Laden, 9/11, suicide bombings. Though it is quite obvious that American media over-exaggerates the war on Irag. I need some support. Most of my friends are kind of, patriotic. Matter of fact, my parents are patriotic too (The even most difficult part is they're also Jewish), they blab on constantly on how "evil" Islam is, how "evil" Arabians are, how "Muslims are complete tools because they blow themselves up in hope of women, which states how greedy, wrong, and corrupted the religion is!". My mom, my Father, and sometimes even my friends discuss such negative views on Muslims. My point is. I love my mother and father and friends dearly, but I do not wish to lose them. I WAS Jewish, but with the whole Israel/ Iran thing going on, am I betraying my roots by reverting to Islam? My great great grand Parents came to America from Israel a long time, BTW! But to sum it up, is my belief worth losing my friends over? The love of my Family? And possibly anything else I cherish closely? Plz reply soon.  This is something that has been floating in my mind for months.

Edited by cab0 - 23 March 2009 at 12:46pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 7:03pm
Hello Jonathan,

Welcome to Islamicity. Smile

InshaAllah, you shall soon realise worth of your belief. By the way, why are you going to loose your friends and family. You be the same you are always with them. Infact get more closer to them. Its natural that they may not welcome you. But inshaAllah {If Allah wills}, they shall understand you, look into your religion which keeps you unchanged in your attitude towards them.

And is this the only reason that the happenings of Israel/Iran, reverted your mind towards Islam. Did you study Islam. Kindly let us know.

If you need any sort of help to clear to doubts or study more on Islam, kindly do post them here. It shall be our honour to answer them.

Wishing you a happy stay

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 9:28pm
As Salamu Alaikum,cabO. Welcome to ICf.You and me share a similar story.Non-of my family including relatives grand parents ect are Muslims.I dont care I still love them and they still love me like seek says,through Al Islam you will learn to love them better.and by the way the Holy Qur'an says we were all born in the state of submission(Islam)our parents made us Jews and Christians.If you trully believe in the Deen of Al Islam it doesnt matter what your parents think. In reality you will lose them anyway, and it is you that will be accountable for your own sole on the day of Judgement.so May Allah Make it easy for you.Ameen
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 9:30pm
Hello Jonathan,

Welcome to Islamicity!

Islam means " submission to God " , in other words, living our lives the God's-way.  God's-way cannot be evil, because He is a Merciful God, and His mercy encompassas everything!

God-willing you can find true Islam, and can see for yourself that our Creator does not want anything from us except that which delivers into the heart peace, tranquility and happiness.

True muslims experience this state of heart, they are happy with their creator, and patient with their circumstances in life. All praise is for God.
You don't have to give up on family and friends to live life the God's-way. Islam teaches love, respect and honor for our parents, even if they are non-muslims. We don't have to "obey" people if they suggest disobediance to God, but that does not always mean we have to severe our ties with them.

Being a Muslim is a struggle with ones own self, more than any other struggle because our self tempts us into many kinds of frivolities which keep us remote from the true meaning of our existance is this world.
One who learns the art of being strict with the self, also learns how to go easy on others - all for the sake of the Creator and His good pleasure!

Wishing you an enriching experience, journeying into Islam!!

Edited by Nausheen - 23 March 2009 at 9:32pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 4:56am
As Salamu Alaikum,Nausheen.Good explaination,Ajabanee Haqqan!
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 6:49pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Yes sister Nausheen. MashaAllah, well explained. JazakiAllahu Khayr. We miss you when you are n't active.

One who learns the art of being strict with the self, also learns how to go easy on others - all for the sake of the Creator and His good pleasure!

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 1:59am
All praise belongs to Allah - Alhamdulillah!!

Not sure how often I can be here, but I m kind of liking this place recently. The atmosphere is very good these days, mashAllah, or so I believe.

Much more than myself, folks like you, who are regulars are doing a HUGE service to Islam. may Allah reward you much, and bestow upon you light, wisdom, pleasure of His nearness - al husna wa az ziyadah!
Ameen.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:29am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Yes sister Nausheen. MashaAllah, well explained. JazakiAllahu Khayr. We miss you when you are n't active.

As Salamu Alaikum Seekshidayath.You are one of us who I can say who go easy on others.May Allah blees you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic