IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem areas in the Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem areas in the Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 1:15am
peace !

If the Qur�an is pure Arabic (Sura 12:2, 13:37; 16:103; 41:41), then why are there so many foreign words in it?

i've noticed this also. foreign words describing foriegn things and foriegn happings. how would muhammad know of such things?
muslims call it revelation!
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 22 March 2009 at 4:18pm
love for all conquers all
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 1:23am

peace!

Is the evil in our life from Satan (Sura 4:117-120), from Allah (Sura 4:78), or from ourselves (Sura 4:79)?

all things come from god weather good or bad. god greated satan, god greated humanity.
the link below gives a very good explanation on this topic.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Apollos
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><FONT size=3>Seek,</FONT> 
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>I am sure that many people see the same thing when they read the Quran so I am not surprised others have noted some of the same things I have. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>Were the examples from the Bible you posted ones you had noticed when reading the Bible in an honest way or just copy and pastes from an anti-Bible web site? Have you actually read the Bible or just parts of it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>Apollos</FONT></DIV>[/QUOTE Apollos
Seek,

I am sure that many people see the same thing when they read the Quran so I am not surprised others have noted some of the same things I have.

Were the examples from the Bible you posted ones you had noticed when reading the Bible in an honest way or just copy and pastes from an anti-Bible web site? Have you actually read the Bible or just parts of it?

Apollos
[/QUOTE wrote:

Honestly speaking, i did not read whole Bible yet. Am reading it since 4 months.  Those two verses i quoted were from a book "Christian-muslim" dialogue. I did clearly see the difference.Can you answer me of those verses, whom we consider as contradictions in bible ? Anyways, am sorry for it, that i did not study it whole. Coming to Quran, even if you read it in parts, its not a problem, Apollos. The point is we need to read that with its context. Only then will we get its true understanding.

You can read Qur'an from this site -

Honestly speaking, i did not read whole Bible yet. Am reading it since 4 months.  Those two verses i quoted were from a book "Christian-muslim" dialogue. I did clearly see the difference.Can you answer me of those verses, whom we consider as contradictions in bible ? Anyways, am sorry for it, that i did not study it whole. Coming to Quran, even if you read it in parts, its not a problem, Apollos. The point is we need to read that with its context. Only then will we get its true understanding.

You can read Qur'an from this site -  Accept  this as a gift from me Smile

Just click at those surahs, and try to read it. If you have any doubts then, can surely post them here.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Apollos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apollos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Nazarene Nazarene wrote:

peace!

If only Allah is to be worshipped (Sura 4:116, 18:110), then why were the angels commanded to bow down to Adam (Sura 15:29-30; 20:116)?

32:9 (Picktall) Then He fashioned him and breathed into him of His spirit; and appointed for you hearing and sight and hearts. Small thanks give ye!

you see adam had within him something nothing in creation contained not even the angels. not even satan himself. that is a piece of gods spirit itself. a piece of god himself  ,a gift to us. ie : Psalm 82: 6. { also note that this is the verse jesus himself uses in the gospel of john to justifiy him being called " the son of god."}

he comanded the angels bow down because of this. also bowing is not only a sign of worship it's also a sign of respect and admiration.
love
leland

Leland,

Another Muslim said bowing is not the same as worship - as you say. Do Muslims agree on this view? Also, are you saying that because humans have the spirit of God within them, that angels should bow down and worship some humans today?

Apollos
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 9:45am
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 10:25am
Saladin,

In the translations I read it refers to the earth being stretched out, laid out like a carpet, with tent pegs, etc. The passages about the Mountains holding down the earth seem to correspond to this as well. Such descriptions imply a flat earth view and don't make sense for a sphere that we know the earth is.

Since another Muslim says the English translations are not precise or accurate, maybe you can tell me what the Arabic is describing in these passages.

Apollos

(13:3) He it is Who has stretched out the earth and has placed in it firm mountains and has caused the rivers to flow. He has made every fruit in pairs, two and two, and He it is Who causes the night to cover the day.8 Surely there are signs in these for those who reflect.

We know the earth is spherical and the Quran indicates that in some verses but "visually" isnt the earth stretched out for us inhabitants of earth? I dont know what you see Apollos but I dont see "flat earth" in these verses.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Apollos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apollos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 10:36am

Saladin,

I don't see how the "root" below the crust is part of or even connected to the mountain on top of the crust. I also don't see how this fits with the expression that Mountains hold down the earth like tent pegs since the holding down of the earth's crust is accomplished via a heavy high density "root" that is not part of the mountain itself. But, if this is what you believe and the Quran's language can be interpreted with such great latitude and flexibility to accomodate the facts about this aspect of science, why do Muslims demand such a narrow interpretation of other passages and of Bible passages?

Apollos

Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 8:07pm

peace

Many verses describe the earth as flat. I understand that corresponding tafsirs validate this interpretation. Numerous hadith also describe a flat earth, with the sun and moon rotating around earth. (Sura 2:22; 13:3; 15:19; 16:15; 20:53; 22:65; 27:61; 40:64; 43:10; 50:6-7; 51:48; 55:10; 71:15-20; 78:6-7; 79:7-30; 88:20; 91:5-6). How can this be?

Suras 16:15; 21:31; 31:10; 78:6-7; 88:19 tell us that God placed (threw down) mountains on the earth like tent pegs to keep the earth from shaking. Sounds like more flat earth mythology. What�s up?

2:25 (Y. Ali) But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever).

jesus also says in thomas "that truth is reviled in type and image, because the world could not exept it any other way "

a simialarity not literal. a likeness so that we may have some understanding. can any of us truely comprehend  the whole of creation that's "streched out" before us?
leland 

Edited by Nazarene - 22 March 2009 at 8:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic