IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ¡¯Christian Terrorist¡¯ Article Rebuttal  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

��Christian Terrorist�� Article Rebuttal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ��Christian Terrorist�� Article Rebuttal
    Posted: 16 March 2005 at 5:00pm

Salaam,

As many of you of have known me through my responses here on Islamicity.com you know that I'm not one to defend another religion nor their adherents. But in respect to what I saw today when I first came on this web site, I was shocked to see that the moderators would put the article on the front. I wasn't shocked about its religious relation but shocked because its actually on this web site. From my understanding on how one individual in a church can kill 7 other innocent people without reason, warning, or any type of noticeable conscious is beyond my own understanding.

But what I cannot understand is why we Muslims everytime something like this happens we pin point this particular incident and make this the focal point for our discussions. First off, how do we not know this individual was not mentally-ill? as far as we know he could have been mentally-ill. The articles say that he was a consistent "church-goer" who appeared to some as seemingly isolated from others. This so happens to turn into a tragic event where he comes in to a service and kills 7 people. Now with this in mind the author who wrote the article had the intention of using this to show how the term 'terrorist' is misappropriately applied to Muslims whenever an act like this happens and rightfully so.

But what the author doesn't understand is that the media is only feeding the public what it considers news and unfortunately in the world of war and tragedy, the media feeds the American public aas well as the world pictures and stories of Muslim terrorist. the real reason?Because there are actual terrorist who claim to be Muslim who commit terrorist act.It's unfortunate that the general populationof Muslim which are non-violent, get categorized as being 'potential terrorist' but this is the way of the media and human reaction.

This sort of relates to my last forum regarding racism. If a white woman os robbed and then raped by a Hispanic male afterwards because of her experience her idea of Hispanic men may change. This however 'irrational' to those outside her mind may seem it is quite rational and human to fear others who resemble the bad experience. My point being is that it is human and ignorant at the same time humans categorize Muslims in the category of being terrorist because the resemblence reminds them of the previous tragedy. But I believe that instead of making efforts to pint point the media's misapplication of what a terrorist is we need to focus on educating other Muslims about the Qur'an and reforming our own society.

In my freeAmerican opinion, I think its ridiculous to write about 'terrorism' relating to Jews and Christians because guess what?If we can count many times how many evil deeds Christians have done we would have to use computerized data entry to count, but this goes the same for Muslims Jews because in our human history humans have killed since God gaves us life. I quote one of the people who responded to the article when they said "What a wasted of internet space." Rather using our enery to refute the media's application of Muslims by exploiting so-called"Christian Terrorist" we need to focus on our ownselves.

Edited by Israfil
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:47am
The actual targets of our accusations of "Christian and secularist terrorism" must be the guys in the Pentagon and in Washington D.C. and in Tel Aviv. They are the actual international Christian and Jewish and secularist terrorists but IslamiCity is not brave enough to say this.
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by Mustafaa Mustafaa wrote:

The actual targets of our accusations of "Christian and secularist terrorism" must be the guys in the Pentagon and in Washington D.C. and in Tel Aviv. They are the actual international Christian and Jewish and secularist terrorists but IslamiCity is not brave enough to say this.

Are you serious?!.. I thought we had discussed this before in the old Forum.. about Whats a Terrorist and whats Not... And concluded that its just a buzz-word that high level government officials use to avoid the root causes.... and talking heads use to sound smart and informed...

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger