IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MUHAMMAD & QURAN FORETOLD IN BIBBLE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMUHAMMAD & QURAN FORETOLD IN BIBBLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 51>
Author
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Topic: MUHAMMAD & QURAN FORETOLD IN BIBBLE
    Posted: 16 March 2009 at 9:58pm
Muhammad In The Bible
By Dr. Jamal Badawi

Those who follow the Apostle, the unlettered Prophet, Whom they find mentioned in their own Scriptures, in the Torah and the Gospel... (Holy Qu'ran: VII - 157; Translation: Yusif Ali)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIBLE PROPHECIES ABOUT THE ADVENT OF MUHAMMAD

Abraham is widely regarded as the Patriarch of monotheism and the common father of the Jews, Christians and Muslims. Through His second son, Isaac, came all Israelite prophets including such towering figures as Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Solomon and Jesus. May peace and blessings be upon them all. The advent of these great prophets was in partial fulfillment of God's promises to bless the nations of earth through the descendents of Abraham (Genesis12:2-3).Such fulfillment is wholeheartedly accepted by Muslims whose faith considers the belief in and respect of all prophets an article of faith.

BLESSINGS OF ISHMAEL AND ISAAC

Was the first born son of Abraham (Ishmael) and his descendants included in God's covenant and promise? A few verses from the Bible may help shed some light on this question;

1) Genesis 12:2-3 speaks of God's promise to Abraham and his descendants before any child was born to him.

2) Genesis 17:4 reiterates God's promise after the birth of Ishmael and before the birth of Isaac.

3) In Genesis, ch. 21. Isaac is specifically blessed but Ishmael was also specifically blessed and promised by God to become "a great nation" especially in Genesis 21:13, 18.

4) According to Deuteronomy 21:15-17 the traditional rights and privileges of the first born son are not to be affected by the social status of his mother (being a "free" woman such as Sarah, Isaac's mother, or a "Bondwoman" such as Hagar, Ishmael's mother). This is only consistent with the moral and humanitarian principles of all revealed faiths.

5) The full legitimacy of Ishmael as Abraham's son and "seed" and the full legitimacy of his mother, Hagar, as Abraham's wife are clearly stated in Genesis 21:13 and 16:3. After Jesus, the last Israelite messenger and prophet, it was time that God's promise to bless Ishmael and his descendants be fulfilled. Less than 600years after Jesus, came the last messenger of God, Muhammad, from the progeny of Abraham through Ishmael. God's blessing of both of the main branches of Abraham's family tree was now fullfilled. But are there additional corroborating evidence that the Bible did in fact foretell the advent of prophet Muhammad?

MUHAMMAD:
The Prophet Like Unto Moses

Long time after Abraham, God's promise to send the long-awaited Messenger was repeated this time in Moses' words.
In Deuteronomy 18:18, Moses spoke of the prophet to be sent by God who is:

1) From among the Israelite's "brethren", a reference to their Ishmaelite cousins as Ishmael was the other son of Abraham who was explicitly promised to become a "great nation".

2) A prophet like unto Moses. There were hardly any two prophets ,who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad. Both were given comprehensive law code of life, both encountered their enemies and were victors in miraculous ways, both were accepted as prophets/statesmen and both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlooks not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well (e.g. the natural birth, family life and death of Moses and Muhammad but not of Jesus, who was regarded by His followers as the Son of God and not exclusively a messenger of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslim belief Jesus was).

THE AWAITED PROPHET WAS TO COME FROM ARABIA

Deuteronomy 33:1-2 combines references to Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. It speaks of God (i.e. God's revelation) coming from Sinai, rising from Seir (probably the village of Sa'ir near Jerusalem) and shining forth from Paran. According to Genesis 21:21, the wilderness of Paran was the place where Ishmael settled (i.e. Arabia, specifically Mecca).

Indeed the King James version of the Bible mentions the pilgrims passing through the valley of Ba'ca (another name of Mecca) in Psalms 84:4-6.

Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the beloved of God. His elect and messenger who will bring down a law to be awaited in the isles and who "shall not fail nor be discouraged till he have set judgement on earth." Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Ke'dar. Who is Ke'dar? According to Genesis 25:13, Ke'dar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of prophet Muhammad.

MUHAMMAD'S MIGRATION FROM MECCA TO MEDINA:
PROPHECIED IN THE BIBLE?

Habakkuk 3:3 speaks of God (God's help) coming from Te'man (an Oasis North of Medina according to J. Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible), and the holy one (coming) from Paran. That holy one who under persecution migrated from Paran (Mecca) to be received enthusiastically in Medina was none but prophet Muhammad.
Indeed the incident of the migration of the prophet and his persecuted followers is vividly described in Isaiah 21:13-17. That section foretold as well about the battle of Badr in which the few ill-armed faithful miraculously defeated the "mighty" men of Ke'dar, who sought to destroy Islam and intimidate their own folks who turned -to Islam.

THE QUR'AN (KORAN) FORETOLD IN THE BIBLE?

For twenty-three years, God's words (the Qur'an) were truely put into Muhammad's mouth. He was not the "author" of the Qur'an. The Qur'an was dictated to him by Angel Gabriel who asked Muhammad to simply repeat the words of the Qur'an as he heard them. These words were then committed to memory and to writing by those who hear them during Muhammad's life time and under his supervision.

Was it a coincidence that the prophet "like unto Moses" from the "brethren" of the Israelites (i.e. from the lshmaelites) was also described as one in whose mouth God will put his words and that he will speak in the name of God, (Deuteronomy 18:18-20). Was it also a coincidence the "Paraclete" that Jesus foretold to come after Him was described as one who "shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak (John 16:13)

Was it another coincidence that Isaiah ties between the messenger connected with Ke'dar and a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sang unto the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). More explicitly, prophesies Isaiah "For with stammering lips, and another tongue, will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11). This latter verse correctly describes the "stammering lips" of Prophet Muhammad reflecting the state of tension and concentration he went through at the time of revelation. Another related point is that the Qur'an was revealed in piece-meals over a span of twenty three years. It is interesting to compare this with Isaiah 28:10 whichspeaks of the same thing.

THAT PROPHET- PARACLETE- MUHAMMAD

Up to the time of Jesus (peace be upon him), the Israelites were still awaiting for that prophet like unto Moses prophecied in Deuteronomy 18:18. When John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said "no". They asked him if he was Elias and he said "no". Then, in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him "Art thou that Prophet" and he answered, "no". (John 1: 1 9-2 1).

In the Gospel according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things which the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth, (whose meaning resemble Muhammad's famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however inconsistent with the profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible, (Ed. J. Mackenzie) "These items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely coherent picture."

Indeed history tells us that many early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit. This might explain the followings who responded to some who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus, to be the awaited "Paraciete".

It was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things which could not be borne at Jesus' time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which "came to pass" in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between the true prophet and the false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11)

WAS THE SHIFT OF RELIGIOUS LEADERSHIP PROPHECIED?

Following the rejection of the last Israelite prophet, Jesus, it was about time that God's promise to make Ishmael a great nation be fulfilled (Genesis 21:13, 18)

In Matthew 21:19-21, Jesus spoke of the fruitless fig tree (A Biblical symbol of prophetic heritage) to be cleared after being given a last chance of three years (the duration of Jesus' ministry) to give fruit. In a later verse in the same chapter, Jesus said: "Therefore, say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruit thereof" (Matthew 21:43). That nation of Ishmael's descendants (the rejected stone in Matthew 21:42) which was victorious against all super-powers of its time as prophecied by Jesus: "And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken, but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder" (Matthew 21:44).

OUT OF CONTEXT COINCIDENCE?

Is it possible that the numerous prophecies cited here are all individually and combined out of context misinterpretations? Is the opposite true, that such infrequently studied verses fit together consistently and clearly point to the advent of the man who changed the course of human history, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Is it reasonable to conclude that all these prophecies, appearing in different books of the Bible and spoken by various prophets at different times were all coincidence? If this is so here is another strange "coincidence"!

One of the signs of the prophet to come from Paran (Mecca) is that he will come with "ten thousands of saints" (Deuteronomy 33:2 KJV). That was the number of faithful who accompanied Prophet Muhammad to Paran (Mecca) in his victorious, bloodless return to his birthplace to destroy the remaining symbols of idolatry in the Ka'bah.

Says God as quoted by Moses:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. (Deuteronomy 18:19)

Dear Readers:
May the light of truth shine in your heart and mind. May it lead you to peace and certitude in this life and eternal bliss in hereafter.

AMEEN

For further information please contact:

Islamic Information Foundation
Attn: Dr. Jamal Badawi
8 Laurel Lane
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3M 2P6
Tel., 902 / 445-2494

Edited by semar - 16 March 2009 at 10:56pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 10:45pm

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE
by Dr. Zakir Naik

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

The Qur�an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

1.    MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and     he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses   (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will  
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)    Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)    Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)    Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)    Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said,     "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)    Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)    Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring   any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

2.    It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will     require it of him."

3.    Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

4.    Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad     
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad     (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

1.    John chapter 14 verse 16:
  "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

2.    Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which 
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

3.    Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.  
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

4.    Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is 
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he     speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

Edited by semar - 16 March 2009 at 10:53pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 11:11pm

Moses and Isaiah Prophesied the coming of Jesus

DID ISAIAH AND JESUS PROPHESY THE COMING OF MUHAMMAD? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JESUS WAS A PROPHET AND  ALSO A PARACLETE SAYS THE BIBLE..

A Christian who has studied the Bible would be proud to admit that the prophecy made by prophet Moses for the coming of "a Prophet like me" (Deut. 18:15) undoubtedly refers to the coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus himself had acknowledged this to be the fact when he said to the enquiring Jews; "Moses wrote of me." (John 5:46). The learned Christians have no problem in admitting the fact that Jesus was "a prophet like his predecessor Moses". Those who deny Jesus was a "Messenger like Moses" are either ignorant of their own Scripture or living in false pride. 

In his First Epistle quoted below, apostle John records in explicit language that Jesus Christ the righteous was "a Paraclete".

"My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have a Paraclete with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." 1 John. 2:1
      Apostle John has also recorded in his Gospel, see the text below, that this righteous Jesus Christ (the Paraclete), will pray to  God after his departure, and God will give us "another Paraclete". 
"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you into the age (to come)."  John 14:16
       The Bible scholars and the evangelic Christians who, after reading these two explicit verses enter into a debate with the Muslim Scholars and INSIST that the PARACLETE is (was) the HOLY SPIRIT, and is (was) NOT the MALE FIGURE that could see, hear and speak like a man; are simply advocating and contesting that the Apostle who had lived with Jesus (is) was TOTALLY MISTAKEN. He made an ERROR in identifying the PARACLETE to be Jesus. In other words, Muslims should REJECT the EPISTLE of John and ACCEPT their opinions to be the UNQUESTIONABLE TRUTH. Would it not be a better idea that they all should send a petition to the editors of the New Testament and see that this erroneous verse 1 Jn. 2:1 is expunged from the Bible!
Note:
   We often read the above verse 14:16 ending; "for ever". The fact of the matter is; "into the age" is the literal translation of the original Greek phrase; 'eis ton aiona'.

In the next verse 14:17, John also records, this "another Paraclete" is the "Spirit of Truth" (NOT the Holy Spirit).

A MALE SALVIFIC FIGURE LIKE JESUS 

The passage quoted below from the world renowned and distinguished Anchor Bible confirms that the original concept among the noted Christian scholars and populace, for the Paraclete was for a male salvific figure, but that concept was later confused with the "Holy Spirit".

"The word parakletos is peculiar in the NT to the Johnannine literature. In 1 John ii 1 Jesus is a parakletos (not a title), serving as a heavenly intercessor with the Father. ...Christian tradition has identified this figure (Paraclete) as the Holy Spirit, but scholars like Spitta, Delafosse, Windisch, Sasse, Bultmann and Betz have doubted whether this identification is true to the original picture and have suggested that the Paraclete was once an independent salvific figure, later confused with the Holy Spirit."  (page 1135).
Criticism and Response: A well known Christian critic, Jochen Katz, has been complaining on his web site "Answering Islam" that I have ignored his remarks; that my introductory note to the above quoted passage from the Anchor Bible gives a false impression that it's author is in agreement with the quoted passage. Since his accusations were based upon a false statement, I did not feel it necessary to respond. Unfortunately, he has made my silence an "Issue of my Integrity".
To mislead his readers, the critic had in one of his remarks,  intentionally deleted the opening words from the above passage. 
I have re-printed below the deleted words in Red Types;

"The passage quoted below from the world renowned 
      and distinguished Anchor Bible confirms".

What I had mentioned was that the quoted passage confirms what has been suggested, based upon the suggestions made in the past by the individuals mentioned in the quoted passage. There was no mention of the "author" of the quoted book, to begin with. 

THE NEGATION OF "HOLY SPIRIT"

The concept that the Paraclete (comforter, advocate) is the "Holy Spirit" is unequivocally negated by the following verse:

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if  I do not go away, the Paraclete shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."        John 16:7
    This verse clearly indicates that the coming of the Paraclete was subject to the departure of Jesus. His departure from this world  was a *pre-condition* for the arrival of the Paraclete.
     We know that the "Holy Spirit" was already present during and before the ministry of Jesus. The Holy Spirit was in existence since the day of the Creation and was hovering upon the surface of the earth (Gen. 1:2).  It was also present with the prophets of the Old Testament. The "Holy Spirit" was present "like a dove" at River Jordan when Christ was being Baptized. (Mt. 3:16). Since there is and was only ONE "Holy Spirit", Jesus would be totally mistaken in saying that the HOLY SPIRIT would NOT come not UNLESS he departs. Did not Jesus see the dove that alighted upon him?  OR, Jesus did NOT know that the "dove" was the Holy Spirit? Jesus was a RIGHTEOUS  Paraclete. When he said; Another Paraclete will come only after my departure, he meant that this Paraclete is not yet here, but will be born after I depart. 

"HE" NOT "IT"

"When the Paraclete comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness of me."        John 15:26
This verse further clears the confusion, if there is any. Here the Paraclete is called the "Spirit of Truth" and not the "Holy Spirit". These are two separate terms and two independent entities. The first entity takes the pronoun "he" being a male figure. Whereas, the second one takes the pronoun "it". The Greek word 'pneu'ma' (spirit), is of neutral gender and takes the pronoun "it". Whereas, in almost all the verses referring to Paraclete quoted below, the pronoun used is "he".
"But the Paraclete, the Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:26
Notes:
1. In the older MS, Codex Syriacus discovered in 1812 on Mount Sinai by Mrs. Agnes S. Lewis (and Mrs. Bensley), the text of John 14:26 reads; "Paraclete, the Spirit"; and not "Paraclete, the Holy Spirit". "The Spirit" is a reference to "the Spirit of Truth" as in 15:26. 
2. In 1 John 4:6, the terms "the spirit of truth" and "the spirit of error" are used for the human beings.

3. History records that prophet Muhammad was known for his Truth and Honesty, long before he received the Divine Revelations.

WHAT WILL "HE" DO?
Jesus Christ did indicate that the Paraclete will do certain things in his time. Let us examine if  "he", Prophet Muhammad, did those things.
1.  "But when he, the Spirit of Truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative, but whatever he hears, he will speak..." Jn. 16:13
Note: The Qur'an is a compilation of the "Divine Revelations" that were received by Prophet Muhammad, over a period of 23 years, through the arch angel Gabriel. The Prophet used to recite whatever he used to hear. His companions used to write down whatever he recited. The Qur'an does not contain the writings or teachings of Prophet Muhammad, as often mentioned by some misinformed authors.

2.  "He shall glorify me."  John 16:14
Note: The Qur'an glorifies the birth of Jesus through Virgin Mary. It confirms; Jesus was a Messiah, a Messenger  of God, the Spirit from God, the Word of God and the Righteous Prophet.

3.  "He shall take mine and shall disclose it to you." John. 16:14
Note: Prophet Muhammad did declare himself a Messenger/Prophet of God like Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

4. "He will teach you all things."  John 14:26
Note: The Qur'an teaches a way of life. It guides mankind, how to live a pious life socially, politically and spiritually.

5. "He will bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."       John. 14:26
Note: The Qur'an speaks about the teachings of Jesus and even quotes him.

6. "He will bear witness of me" John 15:26
Note: The Qur'an attests the miracles performed by Jesus the Messiah. It also mentions one astonishing miracle performed by Jesus that the Gospel writers have not recorded (V:110). The Qur'an  acknowledges that these miracles and signs were performed with the leave of Allah, by His righteous Servant and Messiah Jesus. The same  is also attested in the Book of Acts 2:22; 3:13 (NASB).

A PROPHET IN THE LAND OF KEDAR
Prophet Isaiah is considered to be one of the major prophets of the Old Testament. In the Book of Isaiah there are several prophecies about the coming of the Messiah. In chapter 42, Isaiah begins with a prophecy for the coming of prophet Jesus. After verse number nine, God declares through Isaiah, the "new things" that are to "spring forth" in the
Land of Kedar. 

In the Bible there is only one personality called Kedar. He was the grandson of prophet Abraham, through his son Ishmael (see Gen. 25:13). Kedar's descendants had settled in Paran (Syno-Arabian dessert). In the Rabbinic literature Arabia is called the "Land of Kedar". Prophet Muhammad was a descendant of Kedar.

God declares through Prophet Isaiah;

"Behold, the former things are come to pass, and the new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. `Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth'. Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare His praise in the inlands."  Isaiah Chapter 42, Verses 9-12.
God did reveal in the Land of Kedar, through prophet Muhammad - a direct descendant of  Kedar, a "New Song" - The Qur'an (Koran). This happens to be the only Scripture to be revealed in the language of the Kedarites. The verses of the Qur'an are recited like a poem. Nearly 1.2 billion Muslims, residing all over the world, recite this "new song" and Glorify Allah, in their daily prayers, five times in a day. The initial Revelation came to prophet Muhammad in a cave of Mount Hira near the city of Mecca. There are several mountains near Mecca. During the annual Islamic Pilgrimage called "Hajj", Muslims from all over the world, assemble in Mecca and shout Glory to the Lord from the top of Mount Arafat. The pilgrims continuously give Glory to Allah on their ways, to and from Mecca.

THE LORD SHALL GO AS "A MIGHTY MAN OF WAR"

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies."    Isaiah 42:13
In the Old Testament, the God often speaks "I" will do this, or "I" have done this; whereas, He has chosen human beings to do these jobs on His behalf. (e.g. Deut. 32:39ff and 2 Samuel 12:12).
Note:  Critic Jochen Katz has ignored the above  paragraph while making his remarks.

Prophet Muhammad did go forth as "a mighty man of war" against the Pagan Arabs, the enemies of  The Lord. He did stir up jealousy among the most influential and dominating Pagan tribe in Arabia. With a war cry and roar of  "Allahu Akbar" ("The God is the Greatest"), the Prophet of Islam did prevail upon the enemies of Lord - the idolaters. No doubt, the Islam was spread with a "war cry", but that was not a cry of a man seeking the personal power. It was a cry of the Lord, who no longer wanted to hold HIS PEACE against HIS ENEMIES. After the victory, Allah bestowed HIS FAVOR upon mankind and gave the Message of  "TRUE PEACE" - The Islam. Once a person whole heartedly submit himself or herself to Allah (become a Muslim), the "True Peace" from Allah is bound to enter his or her body, mind and soul. The relationship of that individual with Allah is now direct, having no Church or Papal Authority acting as a vicar or an intermediary.

"I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself, now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once."  Verse 14.
The prophets that came before Muhammad had all tried with peaceful missions. But, the concept of sharing God's Glory continued to surface again and again, in one way or other. It was with the war cry, through the descendants of Kedar (Arabs), these sinful practices were destroyed and devoured, inside and outside of Arabia. The spread of Islam was swift, wide spread and at once.

ISLAM TURNS THE DARKNESS INTO LIGHT

"And I will bring the blind by a way they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known; I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things I will do unto them, and not forsake them." Isaiah Chapter 42, Verse 16.
It is an undeniable fact that before the advent of Islam, the pagan Arabs were like the blinds. Their religious and social concepts were crooked. The revelation of this "new song" brought them out of that darkness. Earlier, God had not sent any prophet to these people. By sending Muhammad, God fulfilled His above promise and also the following promise to Abraham;
"And *also* of the son of the bondwoman I will make a nation, because he is thy seed."      Genesis 21:13.
Please note the word "also" in above promise. The nations of  Judaism and Christianity came out from the descendants of Abraham and Sarah. The nation of Islam came out from the descendants of Abraham and Hagar. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are three children of Abraham by God's Covenants with Abraham.
"They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images; they say to the molten images, 'Ye are our gods.'"  Isaiah 42 Verse 17.
History records that Prophet Muhammad did put the pagan idolaters to great shame when he demolished before them, their 365 idols that were installed in Ka'bah (Mecca), the most respected place of pilgrimage in the whole of Arabia.  Today, Ka'bah is the Grand Mosque of Islam. Muslims from all over the world face towards Ka'bah while reciting their daily ritual prayers.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 11:19pm

PROPHECIES  FOR 10,000  SAINTS & THEIR  LEADER

THE ORACLE WHICH HABAKKUK SAW..

The above is an opening line from 'The Book of Habakkuk'. A partial manuscript of this book from the Old Testament, written in a pre Masoretic Hebrew text with its commentary, was recently found among the Scrolls discovered from the Dead Sea. The Book's name is also included in the ancient catalogues of the Hebrew Scriptures. These prove the canonicity and authenticity of the document. Majority of the bible scholars are of the opinion that the Book was written between 612 and 589 B.C., by prophet Habakkuk. Author's identity appears in the text.

Prophet Habakkuk was a royal scribe and a Levitical temple musician in Judah (the southern kingdom). He was deeply disturbed to see the law being ignored, perverted justice being delivered and the righteous being surrounded by the wicked. (Habakkuk 1:4). The prophet could not understand why the JUST GOD was not punishing the wicked, so he desperately cried out: 

How long, O Lord, shall I cry,
And Thou wilt not hear? 
I cry out unto Thee of violence,
And Thou wilt not save.
Why dost Thou show me iniquity,
And beholdest mischief?...  (Habakkuk 1:2-3).

The translations are according to the Masoretic Text. The opening chapter of the book deals with the prophet's complains about the diabolic injustice. The almighty God finally answered and said to Habakkuk: 
Write the Vision; 
And make it plain upon tables,
That a man may read it swiftly.  (Habakkuk 2:2).
The God did not dictate the text of the Vision. Habakkuk saw the Vision and wrote it in a very flowery, poetic language. God said; the Vision he saw was not to be fulfilled within a short span of time. 
It was for an appointed time, at the end:
"And it declareth of the end, 
and doth not lie;
Though it tarry, wait for it;
Because it will surely come, 
it will not delay." (Habakkuk 2:3).
There is a vast difference between God's concept and man's concept for the tarry (delay) "waiting period". We relate it with our life span, God with the span of His Creation. The Vision which Habakkuk saw was fulfilled some twelve and half centuries later. The prophet's prayers and the text of the Oracle (Vision), which appear in the third chapter, are according to a Shigionoth; meaning, a poem that can be recited accompanied by the Stringed Instruments. 
God cometh from Teman, 
And the Holy One from mount Paran.
~Selah~ 
His glory covereth the heavens,
And earth is full of His praise.  Habakkuk 3:3
Notes:
1. "God" in a poetical language could mean; "God's Word",
    (The Revelation).
2. "Teman" means South, i.e. area which is South of the 
      Land of Judah or South of Jerusalem.

3. "Holy One from mount Paran" is a reference to prophet 
       Muhammad (s.a.s.), as we shall soon discover from the
       related texts from the other Books of the Bible. 
   "Paran" is a biblical name for the part of Arabia where prophet
     Muhammad was born. When prophet Ishmael and his mother
     were driven out by Sarah; they settled in the "Wilderness 
     of Paran" (Genesis 21:21). Prophet Ishmael happens to be 
     the progenitor of prophet Muhammad. 
     "mount Paran" is a reference to the mountain near Mekkah, 
     where theprophet received his first Revelation. 

4.  "Selah" is musical note for an interlude 
     to recite His Praise.

5.  The prophetic "past tense" of the Vision refers to the
     events that are to happen in the "future".

The sun and moon stand still in their habitation;
At the light of Thine arrows as they go,
At the shining of Thy glittering spear.
Thou marchest through the earth in indignation,
Thou threshest the nations in anger.
Thou are come forth for the deliverance of Thine anointed;
Thou woundest the head out of the house of the wicked,
Uncovering the foundation even unto the neck.
~Selah~      (Habakkuk 3:11-13)

In the 'New Revised Standard Bible' the last two lines of the above text are translated in a language that is easier to understand, which reads;
You crushed the head of the wicked house,
laying it bare from foundation to roof.
Criticism: One well known Christian critic, Jochen Katz, writes on his web page  'Answering Islam':
     "In Habakkuk 3:3, Deuteronomy 33:2, and Jude 14, it clearly is 
said that the LORD came or will come with his ten thousands of holy ones. It is plain idolatry to substitute the name of God with Muhammad. It is amazing how easily Meherally commits what is according to his book the worst of all sins. We call on him to repent of his idolatry in applying statements about God to Muhammad."
Response: I reproduce below what I have already mentioned in my earlier article Prophecy No. 1. The critic has simply overlooked it:

In the Old Testament, the God often speaks "I" will do this, or "I" have done this; whereas, He has chosen human beings to do these jobs on His behalf. (e.g. Deut. 32:39ff and 2 Samuel 12:12). 

Criticism: The critic Jochen Katz writes under the heading 'Ten Thousand Frauds';
"One of the strangest errors is that Mr. Meherally correctly quotes Deuteronomy 33:2 and Jude 14, but fails to see that both passages speak of "ten thousands" not "ten thousand". The words are in the plural, both in Hebrew (Deuteronomy) and in Greek (Jude). 

Response: The Hebrew word used in Deut 33:2 "rbabah", pronounced: reb-aw-baw' is translated under Strong's Number: 7233-HSN as a myriad (whether definite or indefinite): KJV--many, million, X multiply, ten thousand.  The Greek word used in Jude 14 is Strong's Number: 3461-GSN Transliterated:  "murias",    Pronounced: moo-ree'-; a ten-thousand; by extension, a "myriad" or indefinite number: KJV�ten thousand. 
Please notice: In both the instances "myriad" means "ten thousand" 
as per Strong's Concordance to the Bible. 
One may also consult an English Dictionary for further verification.
Besides, the correct plural term would be "tens of thousands", which is not to be found in any of the quoted passages of the Bible.

------------------------------

The links of the above prophecy for Paran regarding; crushing the head of the wicked house, connects with the prophecies recorded below and the one that has been mentioned in the earlier article. In case you have not read the article 'PROPHECY # 1', please click HERE and read under the heading; 'A PROPHET IN THE LAND OF KEDAR', 
the details of a prophecy by prophet Isaiah on the subject of; 
"utterly putting to shame those who trust in idols, who say to the 
molten images, "You are our gods."

10,000 SAINTS WITH GOD'S LAW

Nearly twenty centuries before the birth of prophet Muhammad and a short while before his own death, prophet Moses speaking on the subject of the Holy One from mount Paran, said to his people:

And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, 
and rose up from Seir unto them; 
he shined forth from mount Paran,
and he came with ten thousands of saints: 
from his right hand {went} a fiery law for them.
Yea, he loved the people; 
all his saints {are} in Thy hand: 
and they sat down at Thy feet;
{every one} shall receive of Thy words.
                            (KJV) Deut 33:2
Notes:
1. "Sinai" The holy mountain where upon Moses spoke with God.
2. "Seir" The mountainous region between the Dead Sea and the Gulf
    of Aqaba, where Moses spoke with God. See Deut. 2:1.

3. "ten thousandsof saints" Please read the next section.

4. "a fiery law" The only "Law" from the Almighty God that has come
   to Paran (Arabia) in its history, which judges between the wicked and
   benevolent, the evil and good, the immoral and moral, 
   the corrupt and   virtuous, is "the Criterion" (Ar. al-Furqan), 
   a synonym for the'Holy Qur'an'.

5. "Thy words" The Holy Qur'an is the collection of "God's Words"
    revealed to the prophet.

6. "(KJV)" I have reproduced the text from the King James Version
     because it very precisely speaks of the "ten thousands of saint".

'A BIOGRAPHY OF THE PROPHET'

Karen Armstrong was a Roman Catholic nun for seven years. Since 1982 she has been a TV broadcaster and a writer. Her prestigious work and the best seller, 'History of God' has earned her an envious reputation. In her most recent publication, 'Muhammad, A Biography Of The Prophet', she writes:

At the end of 628 A.D., the Meccans broke the Treaty of Hudaybiyah....
   On 10 Ramadan, January 630, Muhammad set out at the head of the largest army every to leave Madina. Nearly all the men in the umma had volunteered and along the road their Bedouin allies joined the expedition bringing the number up to 10,000 men. 

(On Thursday, 20 Ramadan Hijri 8 (11 January 630) Muslim army entered the city of Mekkah. The army was offered practically no resistance. Only a handful of Mekkan offered resistance. The rest stayed indoor.) 

Muhammad had come to Mekkah not to persecute the Quraysh but to abolish the religion which had failed them.  ...he rode round the Ka'aba seven times, touching the black stone each time and crying 'al-Llahu Akbar!'   The shout was taken up by his  10,000 soldiers and soon the whole city resounded with words  that symbolished the final victory of Islam. 
  Next Muhammad turned his attention to the 360 idols around the shrine; crowded on to their roofs and balconies, the Quraysh watched him smash each idol while he recited the verse: 
     "the truth has come, and falsehood has vanished away; 
      surely falsehood is certain to vanish."  (Sura 17:82)
This expedition of prophet Muhammad with 10,000 Holy Ones, crushed the head of the wicked house, laying it bare from foundation to roof. That was the end of the idol worshipping, the termination of the age of ignorance and the cessation of the wicked and immoral acts based upon superstitions, in Paran.
From a *historical* point of view, one can say that upon the success or failure of this historical expedition depended the future of prophet's mission and the establishment of Islam as a Nation.Almost all the biographers of the prophet have recorded the details of the above historical expedition. And, the figure of 10,000 dedicated followers
(the Holy Saints), who had joined the prophet in this expedition, is mentioned by the majority of them. Listed below are just a few biographers and their works:

1.   The eminent French Orientalist Maxime Rodinson, in his book
'Mohammed' writes on page 259: 

At last he (Muhammad) set out with what was usual in Arabia
at that time, and immense army: ten thousand men.

2.   Biographer Martin Ling's work, (life of) 'Muhammad' is based on Arabic sources of the eighth and ninth centuries. Martin had a degree in Arabic and was a keeper of Oriental Manuscripts at the British Museum. On page 293, he writes:
The Bedouin faithfully responded; and when the appointed day came the army was the largest that had ever set out from Medina. No able-bodied Muslim stayed behind. The Emigrants were seven hundred, with three hundred horses; the Helpers were four thousand, with five hundred horses; and the tribes, including those who joined them on the way, brought the total numbers up to nearly ten thousand men.

3.  Sir John Glubb had spent most of his adult life in Arabia. He was fluent in Arabic. His work; 'The Life and Times of Muhammad' is considered to be sound, comprehensive and popular work in English on prophet's life and people of the Prophet. He writes on page 305:
...no sooner had Abu Sofian left, than the Apostle gave orders for all to prepare for the march on Mecca. Ten thousand men are said to have answered his call. When we remember that, only two years before, he had been followed to Hudaibiya by only one thousand four hundred Muslims, the extent of the revolution in his favour in those two years can be readily appreciated.

EPISTLE BY CHRIST'S  HALF BROTHER

Jude, the author of the second last book of the New Testament called 'The Epistle of Jude' was brother of James and hence he was a half brother of Jesus Christ. Jude was not a prophet. He is not the author of the prophecy which we are about to read. He reminds his people of the prophecy made by Enoch, the seventh generation from Adam, who in a figurative term "walked with God". (God took him up see Gen. 5:24).

In verses 14-15-16 of his Epistle, Jude reproduces the words of the Enoch's Prophecy, which reads: 

"See, the Lord is coming with 
ten thousands of his holy ones, 
to execute judgment upon all, 
and to convict everyone of all the deeds of ungodliness
that they have committed in such an ungodly way,
and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners 
have spoken against him." 
These are grumblers and malcontents;
they indulge their own lusts;
they are bombastic in speech,
flattering people to their own advantage.  (NRSV)
Anyone who has read the biography of prophet Muhammad and the acts committed by the Pagan Arabs of Paran, prior to the advent of Islam, would see the above prophecy being fulfilled with the 'Mekkan Expedition' by the prophet, reviewed earlier.

"ALLEGORICAL PROPHECIES"

King Solomon, the author, was a believer of "One God". At the temple inauguration, he stood on a bronze platform and; 

knelt on his knees in the presence of all the assembly of Israel and spread out his hands towards heaven, and said; 
"O Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like Thee 
in heaven or on earth, keeping covenant 
and showing loving kindness to thy servants 
who walk before Thee with all their heart.... "
                     2 Chronicles 6:13-14 and 1 Kings 8:22-23.

Note: The scene resembles more like the one from an Islamic Mosque.

Beginning with the Songs of Moses, more than ten percent of the contents of the Bible comprises of "Songs". Out of that many, 'The Song of Solomon' is designated; "Song of Songs" meaning, it is above the rest. This is one of the most misunderstood Book of the Bible. 
At the outset it appears to be an erotic Song which has no spiritual value at all. A Song of  profane love in which the Divine name of God is kept out. It is more of a lover's drama that one would see in the movies. King Solomon, who had at that time 60 queens and 80 concubines (the King finally ended with 700 wives and 300 concubines) falls in an erotic love with a country girl of Shulammite. This young maiden was already in an "unwavering love" of her own, with a shepherd boy from her birth place. Solomon tries to lure her with his wealth, by his skillful speeches and by showering erotic praises of her extraordinary beauty. Shulammite turns down all such offers and returns to her beloved. 

For the centuries, the Bible readers and scholars have debated; what could be the reason for this erotic "human love" song to be included in the Holy Scripture? Does it have a figurative, allegorical or a deep prophetic value that is not so easy to understand?

Kamal Salibi, professor of history at the American University of Beirut has done an in-depth study of the Hebrew Scripture. In his book, 'The Bible came from Arabia' he describes he different views held by different groups for the 'Song of Songs'. He writes on page 180:

Jews have traditionally interpreted the boldly erotic material included in the 'Song of Songs' as a series of allegories which demonstrate God's love for Israel. Christians regard the same passages as allegorical prophecies relating to Christ's love for the Church. To the Arab ear, however, the lyrics included in the 'Song of Songs' have a far less ethereal ring: they mean exactly what they say, being early examples of a genre of erotica still very much alive today.

The most important among the allegorical prophecies to be found in the 'Song of Songs' is the one wherein, the Shulammite maiden vividly describes before the "daughters of Jerusalem" (women of the court), her "beloved" shepherd boy. The prophetic poetic text of that glowing description, according to the Masoretic text, is as under:

My beloved {is} white and ruddy, 
Pre-eminent above ten thousand.
His head {is as} the most fine gold, 
His locks {are} curled, {and} black as a raven.
His eyes {are} like doves 
Besides the water-brooks;
Washed with milk; {and} fitly set.
His cheeks {are} as a bed of spices, {as} banks of sweet herbs; 
His lips {are as} lilies, 
Dropping {with} flowing myrrh.
His hands {are as} rods of gold set with the beryl;
His body {is as} polished ivory overlaid {with} sapphires.
His legs {are as} pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold;
His aspect {is} like Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
His mouth {is} most sweet;
Yea, he {is} altogether lovely. 
This {is} my beloved, and this {is} my friend, 
O daughters of Jerusalem. 
       The Song of Songs  5:10/16

Here is the important question. How do we know that the above allegorical prophecy or the description of an individual, applies to prophet Muhammad and no one else? To decipher that I have reproduced below the literal translation of the last verse, along with Hebrew Strong's (Dictionary) Number (HSN) for the key words:

His mouth (6310 HSN) {is} most sweet, (4477 HSN)
Yea, he is altogether (3617 HSN) lovely (4261 HSN)
This {is} my beloved, (1730 HSN)
and this my friend, (7453 HSN)
O daughters of (1323-HSN) Jerusalem. (3389 HSN)
                                        (LIT) SS 5:16

In a language belonging to the Semitic families,  biblical Hebrew being one of it, to understand the meaning of a particular word or its correct Phonetic Sound, one goes to its "root" word. Those who are familiar with the language of the Qur'an - the Arabic, which is also a member of the western branch of the Semitic languages, could easily understand and appreciate that to comprehend the correct meaning
Tawil of a particular word of the Qur'an or for its proper Recitation the Tajweed, the reciter goes to its "root" word. This Primitive root word is usually made-up of three letters from the Arabic alphabet.

The Primitive root word of the Hebrew word for "lovely" HSN-4261, used in the verse under study, as well as for HSN-4262, meaning "desired" is HSN 2530. This Primitive root word is also made-up of three letters from the Hebrew language. Below is the Strong's Dictionary meaning of HSN 2530.

Strong's Number: 2530-HSN
 Transliterated:  chamad
 Pronounced:      khaw-mad'
 Note: The Phonetic Sound of the Transliteration "ch" ("kh") is
           similar to "ch" in German "ach".

2530-HSN is a primitive root; to delight in: KJV--beauty, 
         greatly beloved, covet, delectable thing, (X great) delight, 
        desire, goodly, lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).

Strong's Number: 4261-HSN
Transliterated:  machmad
Pronounced:      makh-mawd;
from 2530 HSN;
delightful; hence a delight. i.e object of affection or desire:-
beloved, desire, goodly, lovely, pleasnat (thing).

Strong's Number: 4262-HSN
Transliterated:  machmud
Pronounced:      makh-mood';
from 2530 HSN;
desired; hence, a valuable: KJV--pleasant thing.

These are not the literal prophecies. As seen earlier, they are metaphorical, symbolic allegorical prophecies. Jews claim the allegories demonstrate God's love for Israel. Christians regard the same passages asrelating to Christ's love for his Bride, the Church. A Muslim's claim that the prophecies speak of prophet Muhammad (the root word of which is "Ahmad") is on much more solid ground than the other two, for the understated significant reasons:

1. The phrase; "Pre-eminent above ten thousand" has ample support for "prophet Muhammad of Arabia" in the several other Books of the Old Testament, as seen earlier. The terms "Israel" and "Church" lack that kind of support.

2. The Phonetic Sound of the critical response giving away the identity of the Beloved, starting with the words; "Yea, he is..." discloses the 
proper name of the prophet -HSN-4261. Israel or Church's identity does not come close.

3. The substitution of the prophet's proper name "Muhammad" with its literal meanings, viz.; "the praised one" or "the glorified" remain in complete harmony with the text of the above prophecy. The texts would read ; "Yea, he is altogether praised" or "Yea, he is altogether glorified". The Biography of prophet Muhammad could easily endorse
that the prophet was indeed; "altogether praised" and "altogether glorified", in and around his mother land, before he departed from the world. Today, 1.3 billion Muslims, living all over the world, Praise and Glorify their prophet and pray before Allah to send His Peace upon their Beloved prophet.

Important Note:A question is sometimes asked; The Qur'an speaks of  Jesus having said to Jews about the coming of a messenger of God, after him, whose name shall be Ahmad (Q. 61:6), why is that speech not recorded in the New Testament? The answer to this is; It is an undisputed fact that the texts of the four available Gospels have been revised and re-revised several times, in the past and the present. Several texts have been injected and expunged. The Gospel of Mark was the first to have been written. About 93%  of its material is repeated in Matthew and Luke, often using the same words. Mark was not one of the 12 disciples of Jesus nor a witness to everything. It is generally accepted by the church historians that Mark derived the accounts of the sayings and acts of Jesus from Peter. And, the Gospel of Peter - the original source document, which was in use until the second century has been expunged. Under these circumstances to claim that all that Jesus spoke has been preserved till this day, could not qualify as a true statement of facts.

Edited by semar - 16 March 2009 at 11:30pm
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 12:10am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Muhammad In The Bible
By Dr. Jamal Badawi

Those who follow the Apostle, the unlettered Prophet, Whom they find mentioned in their own Scriptures, in the Torah and the Gospel... (Holy Qu'ran: VII - 157; Translation: Yusif Ali)

BIBLE PROPHECIES ABOUT THE ADVENT OF MUHAMMAD

Abraham is widely regarded as the Patriarch of monotheism and the common father of the Jews, Christians and Muslims. Through His second son, Isaac, came all Israelite prophets including such towering figures as Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Solomon and Jesus. May peace and blessings be upon them all. The advent of these great prophets was in partial fulfillment of God's promises to bless the nations of earth through the descendents of Abraham (Genesis12:2-3).Such fulfillment is wholeheartedly accepted by Muslims whose faith considers the belief in and respect of all prophets an article of faith.

BLESSINGS OF ISHMAEL AND ISAAC

Was the first born son of Abraham (Ishmael) and his descendants included in God's covenant and promise? A few verses from the Bible may help shed some light on this question;

1) Genesis 12:2-3 speaks of God's promise to Abraham and his descendants before any child was born to him.

2) Genesis 17:4 reiterates God's promise after the birth of Ishmael and before the birth of Isaac.

3) In Genesis, ch. 21. Isaac is specifically blessed but Ishmael was also specifically blessed and promised by God to become "a great nation" especially in Genesis 21:13, 18.

4) According to Deuteronomy 21:15-17 the traditional rights and privileges of the first born son are not to be affected by the social status of his mother (being a "free" woman such as Sarah, Isaac's mother, or a "Bondwoman" such as Hagar, Ishmael's mother). This is only consistent with the moral and humanitarian principles of all revealed faiths.

5) The full legitimacy of Ishmael as Abraham's son and "seed" and the full legitimacy of his mother, Hagar, as Abraham's wife are clearly stated in Genesis 21:13 and 16:3. After Jesus, the last Israelite messenger and prophet, it was time that God's promise to bless Ishmael and his descendants be fulfilled. Less than 600years after Jesus, came the last messenger of God, Muhammad, from the progeny of Abraham through Ishmael. God's blessing of both of the main branches of Abraham's family tree was now fullfilled. But are there additional corroborating evidence that the Bible did in fact foretell the advent of prophet Muhammad?

MUHAMMAD:
The Prophet Like Unto Moses

Long time after Abraham, God's promise to send the long-awaited Messenger was repeated this time in Moses' words.
In Deuteronomy 18:18, Moses spoke of the prophet to be sent by God who is:

1) From among the Israelite's "brethren", a reference to their Ishmaelite cousins as Ishmael was the other son of Abraham who was explicitly promised to become a "great nation".

2) A prophet like unto Moses. There were hardly any two prophets ,who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad. Both were given comprehensive law code of life, both encountered their enemies and were victors in miraculous ways, both were accepted as prophets/statesmen and both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlooks not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well (e.g. the natural birth, family life and death of Moses and Muhammad but not of Jesus, who was regarded by His followers as the Son of God and not exclusively a messenger of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslim belief Jesus was).

THE AWAITED PROPHET WAS TO COME FROM ARABIA

Deuteronomy 33:1-2 combines references to Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. It speaks of God (i.e. God's revelation) coming from Sinai, rising from Seir (probably the village of Sa'ir near Jerusalem) and shining forth from Paran. According to Genesis 21:21, the wilderness of Paran was the place where Ishmael settled (i.e. Arabia, specifically Mecca).

Indeed the King James version of the Bible mentions the pilgrims passing through the valley of Ba'ca (another name of Mecca) in Psalms 84:4-6.

Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the beloved of God. His elect and messenger who will bring down a law to be awaited in the isles and who "shall not fail nor be discouraged till he have set judgement on earth." Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Ke'dar. Who is Ke'dar? According to Genesis 25:13, Ke'dar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of prophet Muhammad.

MUHAMMAD'S MIGRATION FROM MECCA TO MEDINA:
PROPHECIED IN THE BIBLE?

Habakkuk 3:3 speaks of God (God's help) coming from Te'man (an Oasis North of Medina according to J. Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible), and the holy one (coming) from Paran. That holy one who under persecution migrated from Paran (Mecca) to be received enthusiastically in Medina was none but prophet Muhammad.
Indeed the incident of the migration of the prophet and his persecuted followers is vividly described in Isaiah 21:13-17. That section foretold as well about the battle of Badr in which the few ill-armed faithful miraculously defeated the "mighty" men of Ke'dar, who sought to destroy Islam and intimidate their own folks who turned -to Islam.

THE QUR'AN (KORAN) FORETOLD IN THE BIBLE?

For twenty-three years, God's words (the Qur'an) were truely put into Muhammad's mouth. He was not the "author" of the Qur'an. The Qur'an was dictated to him by Angel Gabriel who asked Muhammad to simply repeat the words of the Qur'an as he heard them. These words were then committed to memory and to writing by those who hear them during Muhammad's life time and under his supervision.

Was it a coincidence that the prophet "like unto Moses" from the "brethren" of the Israelites (i.e. from the lshmaelites) was also described as one in whose mouth God will put his words and that he will speak in the name of God, (Deuteronomy 18:18-20). Was it also a coincidence the "Paraclete" that Jesus foretold to come after Him was described as one who "shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak (John 16:13)

Was it another coincidence that Isaiah ties between the messenger connected with Ke'dar and a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sang unto the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). More explicitly, prophesies Isaiah "For with stammering lips, and another tongue, will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11). This latter verse correctly describes the "stammering lips" of Prophet Muhammad reflecting the state of tension and concentration he went through at the time of revelation. Another related point is that the Qur'an was revealed in piece-meals over a span of twenty three years. It is interesting to compare this with Isaiah 28:10 whichspeaks of the same thing.

THAT PROPHET- PARACLETE- MUHAMMAD

Up to the time of Jesus (peace be upon him), the Israelites were still awaiting for that prophet like unto Moses prophecied in Deuteronomy 18:18. When John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said "no". They asked him if he was Elias and he said "no". Then, in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him "Art thou that Prophet" and he answered, "no". (John 1: 1 9-2 1).

In the Gospel according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things which the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth, (whose meaning resemble Muhammad's famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however inconsistent with the profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible, (Ed. J. Mackenzie) "These items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely coherent picture."

Indeed history tells us that many early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit. This might explain the followings who responded to some who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus, to be the awaited "Paraciete".

It was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things which could not be borne at Jesus' time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which "came to pass" in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between the true prophet and the false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11)

WAS THE SHIFT OF RELIGIOUS LEADERSHIP PROPHECIED?

Following the rejection of the last Israelite prophet, Jesus, it was about time that God's promise to make Ishmael a great nation be fulfilled (Genesis 21:13, 18)

In Matthew 21:19-21, Jesus spoke of the fruitless fig tree (A Biblical symbol of prophetic heritage) to be cleared after being given a last chance of three years (the duration of Jesus' ministry) to give fruit. In a later verse in the same chapter, Jesus said: "Therefore, say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruit thereof" (Matthew 21:43). That nation of Ishmael's descendants (the rejected stone in Matthew 21:42) which was victorious against all super-powers of its time as prophecied by Jesus: "And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken, but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder" (Matthew 21:44).

OUT OF CONTEXT COINCIDENCE?

Is it possible that the numerous prophecies cited here are all individually and combined out of context misinterpretations? Is the opposite true, that such infrequently studied verses fit together consistently and clearly point to the advent of the man who changed the course of human history, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Is it reasonable to conclude that all these prophecies, appearing in different books of the Bible and spoken by various prophets at different times were all coincidence? If this is so here is another strange "coincidence"!

One of the signs of the prophet to come from Paran (Mecca) is that he will come with "ten thousands of saints" (Deuteronomy 33:2 KJV). That was the number of faithful who accompanied Prophet Muhammad to Paran (Mecca) in his victorious, bloodless return to his birthplace to destroy the remaining symbols of idolatry in the Ka'bah.

Says God as quoted by Moses:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. (Deuteronomy 18:19)

Dear Readers:
May the light of truth shine in your heart and mind. May it lead you to peace and certitude in this life and eternal bliss in hereafter.

AMEEN

For further information please contact:

Islamic Information Foundation
Attn: Dr. Jamal Badawi
8 Laurel Lane
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3M 2P6
Tel., 902 / 445-2494

Let me just correct you with the paralels between Moses and Jesus.

(1) Both Moses and Jesus were born when Israel was under bondage (Moses in Egypt Ex.1:8,10, and Jesus during Israel's Roman bondage. Mt.2:1,Lk.2:1-2)

(2) Edicts were issued by the gentile powers of both Pharaoh and Herod for their death at birth. (Ex.2:3, Mt.2:15)

(3) Both were miraculously delivered from death during their infancy from their enemies of Israel (Ex.2:3, Lk.2:7;Mt 2:14,15)  and were preserved in childhood.

(4) Both had been born and found in unusual places. Moses was found in the water floating in a basket of bulrushes (Ex.2:3) Jesus in a manger (cave) wrapped in burial cloths (Lk.2:7) (5) Both Moses and Jesus were protected and preserved by the faith of their parent. Moses was hidden by faith (Ex.2:2-3 and Heb.11:23) Jesus� life was preserved by his parents obeying the message in a dream. (Mt.2:13-14)

(6) Both Moses and Jesus stayed safely in Egypt for a time. Moses (Ex.2:10) Jesus dwelt safely in Egypt (Mt.2:14-15)

(7) Both had their brethren and family speak against them. Moses had Mariam and Aaron speak against him taking a Cushite wife (Numb.12:1) Jesus had his family criticize and reject him (Mt.13:54-57, Jn.7:3)

(8) Both Moses and Jesus were reared in the house that was not their natural parents. (Moses in the house of Pharaoh (Ex.2:10) Jesus by Mary the mother of his humanity and his stepfather Joseph.

(9) Both predicted Israel's history (Deut.28:15-28; Mt.23:34,24:1,2,8,34)

(10) Both spoke out against Israel's enemies and persecutors. (Deut.23:3-4; Mt.25:41-48)

(11) Both were considered a snare to Israel (Ex10:7; 1Pt.2:8=Isa.8:14)

(12) Both cleansed leprosy. From Moses� time no one that was Jewish was cleansed until Jesus came (Numb.12:10-16, Mk.1:40-41). This is a very significant factor that proves Jesus was the prophet Moses spoke of, since no other cured one of the brethren of this disease from Moses' time.

(13) Both were used of God to feed Israel miraculously, Moses with manna in the wilderness (Ex.16:14-17) Jesus with the five loaves and two fish fed four and five thousand two times. (Mt.14:19-21) Jesus also called himself the true manna that came from heaven in Jn.6, comparing himself to the miracle that sustained Israel alive through the desert.

(14) Both had the forces of nature obey them (the seas) Moses (Ex.14:21-22) Jesus (Mt.8:26-27)

(15) Each had seventy helpers Moses (Num.11:16-17) Jesus ( Lk.10:1). 

(16) Both fasted 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness to bring a covenant to Israel. Moses on the top of Mt. Sinai (Ex.24:18, 34:28, Deut.9:9) Jesus in the desert as the Son of God (Mt.4:2)

(17) Both had a face to face relationship with God unlike any other person. Moses (Ex.33:9-11, Deut.34:10; Numb.12:7-8) Jesus was with God=face to face from eternity (Jn.1:1,18)

(18) God spoke audibly and directly from heaven to both Moses and Jesus. Moses (Ex.20:22, 24:12-16) Jesus (Mt.3:17; Jn.12:28)

(19) Both were God's spokesman to and for the people. Moses (Ex.9:35; Numb.12:2) Jesus (Heb.1:1-3). They Spoke as oracles of God (Moses Deut. 18:18) Jesus (Jn.14:24, 5:24)

(20) Both Moses and Jesus reflected and shown the glory of God. Moses reflected his glory temporarily. (Ex.34:29-35; 2 Cor.3:7-14) Jesus at the transfiguration, his face shown brighter than the sun revealing his true nature (Mt.17:2; Jn.1:14)

(21) Both were known for their humility and meekness as God's servants. Moses (Numb.12:3) Jesus (Mt.11:29; Phil.2:3-8)

(22) Both contended with masters of deception and darkness Moses with Pharaohs magicians (Ex 7:11, 1 Tim.3:8) Jesus with the Devil (Mt 4:1).

(23) Both prayed for the people intercessory prayers and were willing to bear the consequences of the people's sins. Moses asked to be blotted out of the book of life for the peoples sake (Ex.32:32-33).  Jesus asked for them to be kept from falling away (Jn. 17:9-17).  Jesus asked for those to be forgiven while he bore the consequences in their stead. (Lk.23:34, 2 Cor.5:19, 1 Pt.2:21-24, Isa.53:8)

(25) Both Moses and Jesus were rejected by their own brethren for a time and accepted by the gentiles. Moses (Ex.2:14-22, 32:1) Jesus was rejected by his own people and received by another who were not his own. (Isa.53:3; Mt.12:21; Mk.6:4; Lk.20:9-17, Rom.11:20)

(26) Both Moses and Jesus established a priesthood. Moses began the Aaronic priesthood which was temporary under the law (Lev.9; Numb.8:20-26; Heb.9:19-22). Jesus established a eternal priesthood under the new covenant of grace which He alone functions as the high priest forever. (Heb.7:17,19,23,25-28; 9:12)

(27) Both sprinkled the blood of the covenant on the altar and the people. Moses (Ex.24:7-8; Lev.8:19) Jesus (Heb.9,12:24; 1Pt.1:2)

(28) Both were sent by God to reveal His name, person and law to the people. To Moses God said to tell them I Am sent you. (Ex.3:13-14) Jesus said God sent him as his exact representative revealing his name (I Am) and nature to the people. (Jn.8:42; 17:6,11-12; Col.2:9; Heb.1:3)

(29) Both were involved in giving the covenant to the people Jn.1:17 the law came through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.� At the feast of Pentecost Moses gave the law. At the feast (Pentecost) in the new covenant Jesus gave the Holy Spirit (Acts 2).

(30) Both brought deliverance to the Jewish people. Those who followed Moses out of the bondage of slavery to Egypt. (Ex.3:7-8,10;12:31-33,42) Jesus brought people out of a greater bondage, slavery to sin. (Rom.3:24-25,6:6-7,8:2-4; Eph.1:7;Heb.9:26) 

(31) Both had an angel guard their graves. After Moses died Michael the Arch-angel guarded his body. (Jude 9) And when Jesus rose an angel guarded his tomb. (Mt.26:2-6)

(32) Both re-appeared after they died, Moses ( Mt 17:3 with Jesus before his death) Jesus (Acts 1:3)

There is no ways that no ways that Muhammad could have be the one that is foretold in the bible it can only be Jesus.
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 4:51pm
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

To JOUBERAR

There is no ways that no ways that Muhammad could have be the one that is foretold in the bible it can only be Jesus.

Article By Former Roman Catholic Bishop of the Uniate Chaldean

It can and will only be Jesus the Muslims are quick to judge the bible as corrupt but the so called lying prophecies of Muhammad is not corrupted you must make up your mind when is the bible corrupt and when isn't corrupt because you are awaiting for so called destined fools Paradise

Look how many places in the bible is now all of a sudden is not corrupt are you living in dream world you better wake up and see reality and not virtual reality.
Even the demons and Satan believe that Jesus Christ existed and knew that He is God. In the Bible it says, "You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder" (James 2:19). Also, faith is not just praying to God in times of crisis or trouble and believing He's there. It is good to look to God during times of crisis, but that is not a saving faith.

The Prophets Of Satan

In Matthew 24, Jesus promised that, in the last days, there would be many false prophets that would rise up and deceive many people. When Christians hear the term "false prophet" we usually think in terms of preachers or teachers who present false and damnable doctrines to the body of Christ. While this is a valid interpretation of this term, I believe that there are other mouthpieces of Satan who make no claim to Christianity, yet have an effect on those in the Church who are not prudent enough to avoid being exposed to their prophetic utterances. This effect can be either direct or indirect, as we shall see.

WHO IS THAT PROPHETS OF SATAN BECAUSE SATAN DOES NOT LAY CLAIM ON CHRISTIANITY  SATAN REJECT CHRISTIANITY IN SUCH A WAY YOU WON'T NOTICE IT. 

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:32am
"WHO IS THAT PROPHETS OF SATAN BECAUSE SATAN DOES NOT LAY CLAIM ON CHRISTIANITY  SATAN REJECT CHRISTIANITY IN SUCH A WAY YOU WON'T NOTICE IT." 

You mean by claiming that Jesus is God and equal to God in every way?
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 51>
  Share Topic