IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How would you answer the question:  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How would you answer the question:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you answer the question:
    Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:01am

What is a Christian according to the teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in The Holy Bible?

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 3:42pm

Salam/Peace,

As a muslimm I would say, because the renewal of bible had been revealed, so the christian should follow the Quran as the renewal and the revised version of bible. They also should follow Muhammad PBUH as the continuation of Jesus PBUH.

However we respect whatever you or they believe about bibble, Jesus PBUH and Muahmmad PBUH.

Edited by semar - 13 March 2009 at 3:46pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam/Peace,

As a muslimm I would say, because the renewal of bible had been revealed, so the christian should follow the Quran as the renewal and the revised version of bible. They also should follow Muhammad PBUH as the continuation of Jesus PBUH.

However we respect whatever you or they believe about bibble, Jesus PBUH and Muahmmad PBUH.

Does not address the question!
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 1:40am
Is this a trick question? Smile Is my unsubstantiated opinion ok? I'm not well versed in the Bible.
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:25am
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam/Peace,

However we respect whatever you or they believe about bible, Jesus PBUH and Muhammad PBUH.

Does not address the question!
Why not. Muslim believe, if you read the "correct" book that really revealed to Prophet Jesus, that mentioned (foretold) about  the coming of Prophet Muhammad. They should follow Quran become Muslim.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 3:00am

What is a Christian according to the teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in The Holy Bible?

Where in the Bible did Jesus Christ named his followers Christians?

You are asking me this question and I am replying that A Christian is a person who do not follow Jesus Christ teachings. Most importantly, he said do not worship me as God, God is the father in heaven or some such like.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 4:07am
Salam
For the Muslims, the question is irrelevant since we don't believe the Bible to be authentic. You can ask a Musim what a Christian is according to the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Quran. But to answer your question, according to the teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Bible, the term Christian has neither been defined nor used by Jesus. Your question could be phrased better if you say:What/who is a follower of Jesus Christ according to the Bible? The true follower of Jesus Christ is the one who keeps the fundamental commandments as Jesus himself said
Mathew 19:16-17
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mathew 5:17-19
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
The true follower of Jesus Christ would recognize prophet Muhammad to be the messenger as prophesied by Jesus himself according to the Bible:

1. John chapter 14 verse 16:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."(That is true since Muhammad PBUH is considered the seal of the prophets. There will be no other prophets after him. His teachings will abide with us forever)

2. Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth (The bible uses the word spirit synonymous with prophet in many places e.g 1 John 4: 1, and Muhammad PBUH was also known as ASSADIQ, meaning truthful) which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me (Muhammad PBUH did testified Jesus Christ to be one of the mightiest messengers of God. No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus)."

3. Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

The word used is Paracletos, translated as comforter. Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos which means "the one who praises". Translate that into arabic and you get Ahmed. Hence periclytos=Ahmed. As the Quran says

The Quran says:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' " Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6
Peace
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Where in the Bible did Jesus Christ named his followers Christians?

You are asking me this question and I am replying that A Christian is a person who do not follow Jesus Christ teachings. Most importantly, he said do not worship me as God, God is the father in heaven or some such like.

You have not addressed the question!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic